SEAN A MCGUIRK
Manhattan College, Riverdale, New York, Bachelor of Arts Degree
Baruch College, CCNY, NYC, New York, Information Systems
General Motors, Roswell, Georgia 03/2014-03/2017
• Application Analyst, Developer, Tester and Operations Analyst for Global Purchasing, Supply Chain and Logistics.
• Supported system interfaces for parts purchasing, inventory forecasting and demand planning, order management, material management, international distribution, logistics inbound and outbound, container shipping, regulatory, and reporting in support of component and assembly manufacturing, and dealer vehicle distribution.
• Created detailed documentation of program functions and batch system flows.
• Performed change integration, program analysis, requirements analysis, estimates, technical design, programming, test case development, test data generation, unit, model office, test results reviews.
• Owner of change management process, coordination and execution of production implementations.
• Interface with Project Management, Global Operations team, Infrastructure team, SME, DBA and business owners.
• Achieved team goal of 50 percent reduction in application errors year to year across 10 subsystems.
• International Operations Analyst - for 2000 daily batch jobs, MQ, and SFTP; integration including Oracle and SAP.
• QA continuous improvement via functional analysis, production problem determination, abend resolution, system root cause and impact analysis, data integrity and management, generation of change requests for development team via incident management, communication with developers, business analysts and user support.
• Daily scrum sessions for root cause review, action plans, production fix planning, fix development and testing, production implementations, knowledge base updates, for North America, South America, and Germany.
• Execution of enterprise disaster recovery testing including business continuity analysis and risk management.
• Problem determination and resolution using system abend logs for IMS, MQ, DB2, Cobol II, PL1 and JCL.
• Performed system upgrade application testing for PL1 enterprise, IMS 13.1, DB2 11.1, MQ 7.0.
Utilized z/OS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, PL1, Cobol II, VSAM, QSAM, IMS batch and online, Fault Analyzer, SMF, DB2, SQL, QMF, Endevor, FileAid, IBM utilities, MQ, SFTP, See Beyond, Sterling, Tectia, Windows7, Sharepoint, ALM, CA7, ITKM, ITSM, Webex, SDLC, Tableau.
Collabera Inc., Franklin Lakes, New Jersey 03/2013-06/2013
Consultant to Express Scripts
• Coordinated Agile production problem resolution for Medco, Express Scripts post-merger system consolidation, application failures, quality assurance, and data migration for pharmacy claims, eligibility, benefits, CDH.
• Performed high volume issue triage, evaluation, communication and resource assignment.
• SharePoint administration for update tracking of issue status, customer or enterprise impact, root cause, action plan, life cycle stage, auditing and metrics reporting.
• Expedited 120 issue average inventory, closure of 75 issues per week. 24/7 onshore, offshore.
Matrix Resources, Atlanta Georgia 09/2012-01/2013
Consultant to Blue Cross Blue Shield, Columbia, S.C. Document Management Systems, Data Warehouse
• EDM - BIG data migration inbound/outbound using IBM CMOD batch utilities, auditing.
• ECM – Report Administration using enterprise content management IBM CMOD.
• Requirements definition, system analysis, programming, interface, unit and system testing.
Utilized z/OS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, Cobol II, DB2, SQL, QMF, MQ, Rexx, Content Manager On Demand, Endevor.
State of Georgia, Atlanta, Georgia 12/2001- 03/2012
State of Georgia Department of Revenue.
• System analysis, development and production support of Georgia DOR Motor Vehicle Division. Service provider for over eight million registered vehicles, solutions for individuals, businesses, government, dealerships, emissions, correspondence, title, registration, HQ, County Commissioners, branch admin, regulatory.
• For change requests performed solution design including requirements analysis and program functional analysis, estimates, technical design documentation, programming, Expeditor testing, project test review, implementations.
• Created and executed test scripts and test data for unit test, system test, user acceptance.
• Created and executed JCL, procs for test and production, updated restart and recovery procedures.
• Ticket root cause analysis, application fixes, defect tracking and resolution using Serena Team Track.
• Developed billing forms, and pre-bills for registration process, resulting in timely renewals.
• Developed electronic titles and temporary tags at dealerships, resulting in revenue efficiencies.
• Web services testing for electronic Titles and vehicle Registrations.
• Developed programs for regulatory auto insurance compliance online functionality and extensive reporting for DOR commissioner, county commissioners and director.
• Performed analysis, editing functions, and standard data mapping procedures for interface with over 1000 insurance companies for updates of auto insurance in-force status and regulatory compliance, resulting in expedient penalties, revenue generation and suspensions.
• Performed ISIS software installation and upgrades for production forms and overlay development, revisions for compliance and county requirements. Data, pseg, tiff and barcode placement and application integration.
• Interface with help desk, headquarters, branches, county commissioners, insurance companies, vehicle dealerships, Georgia Tech emissions, Department of Natural Resources and Georgia Department of Transportation. Business intelligence reporting as requested.
Utilized Z/OS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, Cobol II, CICS, DB2, SQL, QMF, Spufi, VSAM, QSAM, FileAid, Expediter, Abend Aid, Changeman, Teamtrack, Visio, FTP, TCPIP, Windows, ISIS forms designer, Prescribe, AFP form overlays and data placement, Barcodes and Logo placement using Adobe forms designer, integration of Code1 U.S. postal software, SDLC.
ASAP Staffing, Atlanta, Georgia 11/2000- 12/2001
Consultant to State of Georgia Motor Vehicles Division
• Focus on vehicle registration system, customization of purchased system to support Georgia requirements.
• Debugging, data fixes, requirements analysis, explicit definition, estimates, technical design documentation, programming, data sourcing and mapping, implementation, batch and online Expediter testing.
Utilized Z/OS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, Cobol II, CICS, DB2, SQL, QMF, Spufi, VSAM, QSAM, FileAid, Expediter, Abend Aid, Changeman, Teamtrack, Visio, FTP, TCPIP, Windows, ISIS product support, Prescribe, AFP form overlays and data placement, Barcodes, integration of Code1 postal software, SDLC.
Metropolitan Life Insurance, Atlanta, Georgia 06/1999-07/2000
Investment Asset Data Warehouse Repository, Production Technical Lead
• Project management, Interface Support, Settlement for Stocks, Bonds, Pensions, Corporate, Individual.
• Programming, problem analysis and resolution, testing, defect tracking, documentation.
• Greatly reduced application failures and stabilized processing cycle.
• Created standard production job schedules, restart and recovery procedures.
• Documented and trained support and operations on processing procedures.
• Interface support with pricing, trading, Lehman, Bloomberg, and general ledger.
Utilized OS/MVS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, Cobol II, DB/2, SQL, Spufi, QMF, BMC, VSAM, QSAM, Windows, IBM utilities, SDLC.
Computer Task Group, Atlanta, Georgia 04/1994-04/1999
Professional Services Manager and Programmer/Analyst
Consultant to IBM Global Services, Home Depot, GTE
Site manager for 20 contractors. Service delivery, business opportunity development, customer satisfaction interface, education coordinator, conducted performance and salary reviews.
• CRM Developer for consolidated international marketing data warehouse.
• Analysis, programming, testing, data sourcing, data cleansing, data mapping, data conversion to standards, ETL.
• Beta testing, QA testing, Regression testing for Latin America, Japan, Australia, 4 releases.
Utilized OS/MVS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, PL/1, DB2, SQL, OS/2, VM/CMS, Rexx, DMS, Vality, Trillium, IBM utilities, SDLC.
• Supply Chain Inventory Control. Data warehouse for inventory fill rate, vendor rating, delivery analysis, forecasting, BI reporting, analysis, multi-layer programming, extensive test planning and execution, and interface with QA.
Utilized OS/MVS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, Cobol II, DB2, SQL, Spufi, QMF, IBM utilities, SDLC.
• Dun & Bradstreet Fixed Assets COTS customization. Analysis, programming, testing, data conversion, mapping.
• Developed Accounts Payable to General Ledger interface and reporting.
Utilized OS/MVS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, Cobol II, PDL, SDT, VSAM, IBM utilities, FileAid, AbendAid, SDLC.
Software Service Corporation, Atlanta, Georgia 11/1993-03/1994
Consultant to Georgia Pacific
• Dun & Bradstreet Accounts Payable COTS software package customization. Analysis, programming, testing.
Utilized OS/MVS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, Cobol II, VSAM, IBM utilities, FileAid, AbendAid, Dun & Bradstreet suite, SDLC.
Dun & Bradstreet Software, Atlanta, Georgia 08/1991-11/1993
Senior Systems Engineer
• Production analysis, programming, testing, implementations, scheduling. Finance & Accounting, Billing, Contract Administration, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger and Professional Services Marketing CRM data base and financial reporting, defect tracking using Access.
Utilized OS/MVS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, Cobol, PDL, VSAM, CICS, IBM utilities, FileAid, AbendAid, SDLC.
Electronic Data Systems Corporation, NYC, N.Y. / Atlanta, Georgia 01/1985-07/1991
• GM Motors Insurance Corporation (MIC). Project management, analysis, design, production expert, programming, testing. Policy Administration, Billing, business intelligence including Commission Compensation, Sales Reporting, Claims, Losses, IRS 1099 production, state regulatory updates, North America GM Mechanical Warranty system, Dealership interfaces, Reinsurance and reporting.
• GM Saturn Motors Supply Chain manufacturing initial startup for plant floor inventory and parts delivery.
Utilized OS/MVS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, Cobol, PL1, Rexx, Easytrieve, QSAM, VSAM, IMS, CICS, IBM utilities, SDLC.
General Motors, NYC, N.Y. 10/1983-/1985 Application Programmer
• Systems analysis, programming, testing, implementation and production support of MIC Auto Policy Administration and billing systems for North America. Utilized OS/MVS, TSO/ISPF, VM/CMS, JCL, PL1, VSAM, IBM utilities.