+1-408******* firstname.lastname@example.org https://github.com/CatherineSue EDUCATION
University of Southern California (USC) – Los Angeles, CA Aug 2017 – May 2019 (Expected)
– Degree: M.S. Computer Science – Overall GPA: 4.0/4.0 Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT) – Beijing, China Sep 2013 – Jul 2017
– Degree: B.Eng. Software Engineering – Overall GPA: 87.6/100 Major GPA: 91.2/100 Rank: Top 3% EXPERIENCE
Baidu Inc. – Institute of Deep Learning Beijing, China Research and Develop Engineer Intern: Natural Language Processing
• Multi-turn Dialog System for Nuomi Hotel and Travel Platform Mar 2017 – Jun 2017
– Use word-embedding models to translate user voice query into tagged key words, and multi-turnly ask users questions to nail down their requirements, so as to improve the search accuracy of Nuomi Hotel Search Platform.
– Crawled hotel meta-data and review data from online hotel and travel platforms using Scrapy and Selenium.
– Designed and Implemented question recommend logic based on user’s query and search query retrieval number. Brown University – Humanity Centered Robotics Initiative Providence, RI Deep Reinforcement Learning, supervised by Prof. Michael Littman
• Build Transition Models on Di erent File Format for Artificial Intelligence Training May 2016 – Aug 2016
– Use deep learning model to learn the transformation among di erent file format including object-descriptions, actions and screen images to predict the most beneficial next step for a player in a video game.
– Generated object-location description and images data of PacMan by using PyVGDL. Established a Convoluted Neural Network(CNN) to conduct end-to-end predictions and learn the objects as a hidden state. TsingHua University – Center for Speech and Language Technologies (CSLT) Beijing, China Research Assistant Intern: Natural language processing
• Poem-maker – Chinese Song Iambics Generator with Neural Attention-Based Model Dec 2015 – Feb 2016
– Use attention-based LSTM models to produce a Chinese poem incorporating the topic and lead user inputs.
– Designed and developed the display website of the generator based on Tornado. BUPT – BUPT Enterprises Information Laboratory Beijing, China Research Assistant: Natural language processing, Data Mining
• FunJob – Hadoop-Based IT-Career Data Analysis System Apr 2015 – Feb 2016
– Use the Logistic Regression(LR) model running on Mahout to classify the IT-related resume data stored on Hadoop to generate user’s career analysis including position recommendation, salary prediction and similar person search.
Phone4u, Independent work Dec 2016 – May 2017
– A recommendation system which can recommend phone and accessories to users based on their reviews and browsing history.
– Implement all the Collaborative Filtering algorithms and deep learning models using TensorFlow and theano, including K- Nearest Neighbors, Matrix Factorization and Convolutional Neural Network. Developed the web application by Tornado. Book-Aholic, Team Member Mar 2016 – May 2016
– An online bookstore based on Structs, Spring & Hibernate(SSH) framework, supporting sifting, exhibiting, purchasing books.
– Programmed a Go game based on .Net C/S Framework, supporting online and o ine play. SELECTED HONOURS & AWARDS
• Honored Graduation Thesis of BUPT 2017
• First Prize, The 8th College Innovation Program (National-level) 2016
• Second Prize Scholarship of BUPT (Top 5%) 2016