Vignesh Thirugnanam email@example.com 312-***-****
**** * **** *****, *******, IL 60616 www.linkedin.com/in/vignesh-thirugnanam EDUCATION
Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, IL, USA Jan’ 16 – Dec’ 17 Master’s Degree, Information Technology and Management GPA:3.9 TECHNOLOGY AND TESTING PROFICIENCIES
Language: Java EE, Python, VB and R
Web Technologies/API: HTML, CSS, XML, JSON, SOAP and REST Databases: MySQL, Oracle – PL/SQL, Elastic Search and MS Access IDE/Testing Tools: Selenium, Git, JIRA, QTP, Bugzilla, Eclipse, Microsoft Office, HP Quality Center and MS Visio Tools/Frameworks: TestNG, Cucumber, Jenkins, Maven, Appium, Page Object Model(POM) and Junit EXPERIENCE
Software Test Engineer -TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES (TCS), Chennai, India Aug’ 14 – Apr’ 16
• Responsible for maintaining and enhancing Quality Assurance process. Following all regulatory compliance activities and helping to enforce quality assurance policies and best practice principles covering safety, design, and production.
• Developed, Enhanced, Maintained and executed automated test scripts with Selenium Web driver and QTP for Regression
/System Testing, increasing the work efficiency by 70% and reported results of the software behavior to Stakeholders.
• Module Lead in Credit Card applications and assisted QA Team in planning and managing testing objectives and problems.
• Experience in Automation testing using Selenium Web driver by converting Manual Test cases to Automation scripts.
• Automated Regression suite for multiple banking applications using Selenium Web driver and TestNG. Used Jenkins and Maven as Continuous Integration and Build tools.
• Generated reusable functions in Selenium framework, user stories in Cucumber for maintaining Object Repository.
• Involved in designing and implementing BDD framework using Cucumber for the Agile projects to be used with Selenium thereby increasing efficiency and traceability for testing by 40%.
• Responsible for designing Data Driven Test Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, Maven and TestNG utilizing design pattern and approaches of industry standards.
• Implemented the Agile methodology for automation across 25 projects in QA, Staging and Production environments.
• Worked in Mobile testing for a banking application on both Android and iOS platforms.
• Automated the manual processes & credited as primary force for increasing profit margin by 15% by decreasing man-hours. Assistant Software Engineer -TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES (TCS), Chennai, India Aug’ 13 – Aug’ 14
• Performed Functional and Compatibility testing of emails, Websites, Desktop, banners and mobile applications for one of the client key deliverables in the stipulated time frame with defect logging percentage of 60.
• Translated Business requirements and wire-frames into Test plan documents and Test cases for around 60 projects.
• Ensure traceability of test cases to requirements, working with the Business Analyst to ensure all requirements are tested.
• Analyze, Test and make Recommendations to Credit strategy and verify if the strategy meets OFAC and AML Requirements.
• Perform Gray Box Testing, Regression Testing, Manual Testing, Functional Testing, Usability Testing, Sanity testing, Browser Compatibility Testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari) of a Web-based application.
• Knowledge in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Waterfall, Agile & Scrum Methodologies. Involved in Requirement Analysis and HLD/LLD – Design walk-throughs with Clients.
• Created Macros to ensure utility functions using relevant metrics and informed decision making across the business unit, which has reduced the manual effort by 90%.
• Coordinated with Scrum team to track the database in view of SQL server and performed intensive SQL coding and analysis on data based on the Business Requirement Document. Developed effective data collection procedures. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Online Theatre Ticket Reservation System (Java EE, Selenium and MySQL) Mar’16 – May’16
• Developed a Java application of Theater Ticket Reservation system with MVC Architecture using CSS, Java FX, and My SQL.
• Performed Intense testing using Selenium Webdriver and reported actionable recommendations for further enhancements. Database for Concert Ticket Booking System (MySQL and PHP) Apr’16 – May’16
• Designed a database model to control the ticket sales for Concert Application using Data Modeling Technique and MySQL.
• Generated reports & performed Analytics on the data using SQL scripts and designed a User Interface using PHP. CERTIFICATIONS
• International Software Testing Qualifications Board(ISTQB) and ITL V3 on IT Service Management Certified.