L O U I S A. P R O F E T A
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee June 2006 thru March 2017
Programmer/Analyst - Membership Support
• Re-engineered and re-designed Marketing and Membership Daily Crossover - This process touches 100% of all teams that utilize the Mainframe for batch or online processing
• Worked with RTC to track projects (user stories) and ALM to track testing
• Written numerous batch systems to send data to vendors: Onlife, CareMark, ESI, RDS, and others
• Worked with Scheduling, Mainframe Technical Support, AIX Technical Support to create 3 different Test M&M Daily Crossovers to support other teams testing via the test ESP
• Worked directly with numerous vendors outside of BCBST to send Eligibility files in order for them to serve BCBST members on a variety of benefits
Environment: Cobol, AIX Scripting, MVS/JCL JCL Checker, ESP, MVS/JCL, NDM, ClearCase, HPALM, FTP, RTC, EZT, SORT, MAXSORT, FILE MANAGER, Sybase, DB2, Facets (ver. 5.4r2)
Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, Indianapolis, IN November 2005 to March 2006
• Personal Lines programming team to code new requirements for real-time processing system that interacts CICS, Cobol Batch, and XML.
• Developed online and batch programs that sent policy data between Web based system and Mainframe Legacy system.
• Developed new Error Handling Process for all Reference Data Conversion programs that consolidated previous coding process to insure easier maintenance and debugging of programming and processing errors
Environment: MVS/JCL, TSO/ISPF, Cobol II, SQL, File Aid, Expediter, QMF, Endeavor, DB2 and VSAM
Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, Indianapolis, IN April 2005 to October 2005
• Convert current DB2 system (vendor package) to its in-house Legacy System
• Documenting all DMV programs in order to provide management with the full picture of what a conversion would entail.
• Document, recommend, and re-engineer Legacy System Commercial Auto process for Data Warehousing
• Document and re-design Agency download programming for Commercial Auto renewal and new policy process
Environment: MVS/JCL, TSO/ISPF, Cobol II, SQL, File Aid, Expediter, TELON, QMF, DB2
Eli Lilly, Indianapolis, IN July 2004 to December 2004
Task Manager (contract)
• HR Information Services Team to develop internal process for employee and manager stock option system
• Documented new process, testing results, and new code review per Eli’s Lilly’s project standards and SDLC
Environment: MVS/JCL, TSO/ISPF, Cobol II, SQL, File Aid, Expediter, MQ Series, CA7, SPUFI, DB2
Golden Rule Insurance Company, May 2001 to January 2004
• Developed new procedures and code (CICS) to better structure automated letter process and insure that the proper letters were requested in both GRIs automated claims system and manual letter request processing. These code changes included Mapping and system flow changes.
Worked with COBOL report writer to enhance proprietary report sent to Texas.
• Testing for this process needed to be detailed since it effected Auto (automated claim process)
to have a fully compare with the end results of the Model system testing with our Business Analysts.
• Updated online system for new "generations" of policies. This included structures within the policies that the previous "generations" of policies did not fulfill.
• Developed scripts that made sure that the claim I initiated in test were being processed properly for the new generations of policies.
• With the use of Abend Aid and Expediter, I was able to understand any on-call problems that occurred on a daily basis. Solved those problems and communicated any action taken to the user and management.
• Created may new production jobs to report monthly, quarterly, and semi-annually, data to various DOIs. This included documentation of JCL and Program flow as well as detailed restart instructions including restores.
• Created new Correspondence Time Service reporting batch system
• Maintain and make production changes to batch and online processing systems
Development of new batch processing programs
Environment: Roscoe, Abend Aid, CCF, CCFE, MVS/JCL, CA7 and CA11, Expediter, Documerge, COBOL, COBOL II, CICS, EDI, SORT, MAXSORT, VSAM
Computer Science Indiana Vocational Technical College – Indianapolis, IN A.S.