+1-224-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org www.linkedin.com/in/veggalam
• Two years of professional experience as a Quality Engineer and Intern in Manufacturing environment.
• Highly motivated graduate Industrial Engineer looking for challenging and responsible opportunities that offer to the growth of my career, with a short learning curve and adaptability to changes. Highly skilled in technical and behavioral to maximize the potential with long term career growth possibilities as a Quality Engineer.
• Greenbelt certification in Six Sigma.
• Performed the Process & Design Failure Mode Effect Analysis identified product malfunctions and Improved the Quality of the product by 30% at Health and Line Gym Manufacturing Private Limited.
• Member of 8D team performed Root Cause Analysis and Identified root causes and reduced the plant waste and plant scrap by 20%.
● Wayne State University, Detroit, MI GPA: 3.25 May 2017 Master of Science in Industrial Engineering
(Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Project Management, Productions Systems, Operations Management, Digital Automation)
● SRM University, Chennai, India GPA: 3.30 May 2015 Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
• Lean Six Sigma Tools: DMAIC, DMADV, Fish-Bone Diagrams, KAIZEN, 5S, 5WHY.
• Quality Improvement Tools: FMEA, PPAP, APQP, SPC, 8D, Gage R&R.
• Simulation and Design Tools: Minitab, AutoCAD, Solid works, MS-Office. CERTIFICATIONS:
• Greenbelt certification in Six Sigma.
Quality Engineer Co-Op at Health & Line Gym manufacturing private Ltd May 2014- August 2015
● Increased the efficiency of the manufacturing process by 25% through implementations of Total Quality Management Principles.
● Coordinated with suppliers to ensure on time delivery and approval of PPAP documentation.
● Conducted root cause analysis and permanent corrective actions were developed and submitted.
● Identified product malfunctions and Improved the quality of the product by 30% using PFMEA and DFMEA techniques.
● Implemented gage R&R in Measurement Systems Analysis collected Input values and using Minitab to formulate quality data.
● Implemented lean manufacturing processes such as 5S, Kanban & Poka-Yoke and identified wastes.
● Analyzed Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) results by identifying the tolerances and critical to quality factors.
Quality Intern at Bharat Heavy Electrical Limited, India May 2013 – August 2013
• Assisted in developing Poka-Yoke Techniques on the production line to prevent the customer from receiving defective parts.
• Performed Root cause analysis using 5Whys and Fish-Bone diagram and found the potential root cause.
• Exercised lean tools such as Kaizen, 5S and Process mapping as part of continuous improvement program.
• Created Pareto chart to analysis and identified top 5 defects which contributes around 70% of the total defects and appropriate actions were taken to reduce them. Lean Intern at TAQA Neyveli Power Company Private Limited May 2012 – August 2012
• Implemented root cause analysis and applied countermeasures to reduce the waste using 8D and 5Why.
• Performed Poka-Yoke assessments to reduce plant scrap by 20%. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Lean Project: Implementing Lean Principle in Continuous flow manufacturing process for BASF resigns plant
• Identified waste in the filling process by generating the current VSM (Value Stream Map) of the company.
• Increased the utilization of the filling operator by 30% using 5 WHY, root cause analysis that reduced the cycle time and lead time.
• Successfully validated the improvements by generating the future state VSM and A3 report. Six Sigma Project: Maintain the inner diameter of the cylindrical liner to single grade using DMAIC Process
● Performed Data Collection & Analysis using Pareto Chart, 5K Process Map, Cause & Effect Matrix to identify and list the final suspected sources of variation
● Performed Measurement System Analysis (MSA). Identified KPIV’s after conducting Process Search & Product Process Search using Root Cause Analysis.
● Reduced the internal rejections due to inner diameter variation, from 8000 PPM to 500 PPM, thus reducing cost by 80%.
Digital Automation: Productivity Improvement by Automation in a tennis ball manufacturing
• Identified the delay due to manual quality checks and implemented automation for quality check.
• By applying DMAIC performance improvement methodology reduced the delay in time.
• The productivity Increase of the tennis balls due to implementing automation in testing was 35% Mechanical behavior of dissimilar alloys of Aluminum series using Friction Stir Welding
● Developed an optimum welding technique that derived a 100% weld rate.
● Proved that the highest finished quality product could be delivered while keeping the costs down by using Electron Friction Stir welding.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
• Team head in Hospitality department in Aarush and Milan – A College Technical & Cultural Festival.
• Captained the cricket team in high school that won the final cup in interstate the championship.
• Active member of ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineering).