Our client, a successful family-owned General Contractor in Montgomery County, Maryland, is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join their team.
Our client proudly serves the Washington D.C. Metropolitan area and appreciates any opportunity to better all surrounding communities as well.
The company is owned and operated by a home-grown Marylander, with a portfolio that includes a collection of diverse commercial, governmental, educational, and private sector projects.
The APM will have the ability to effectively work with owners, architects, subcontractors and co-workers.
Experience working in the field along with the project superintendent is a plus.
The successful candidate for assistant project manager is a motivated self-starter with a commitment to continuous learning, and the ability to take on different roles depending on the project at hand.
Responsibilities vary depending on the scope and magnitude of the project, but will typically include the following:
• Maintain HPM/CE Log
• Receive, review, submit, return, distribute Submittals. Follow up with A/E and subcontractors to resolve outstanding items
• Receive, review, submit, return, distribute RFI’s
• Distribute PMR/ASI/FD/PCO
• Obtain pricing for all changes and proposal requests, review with PM and submit
• Distribute testing, safety, field reports
• Distribute punchlists, manage progress with Superintendent
• Manage/update ‘posted set’ drawings/specifications, and update cloud for field use
• Attend and participate in all job-related meetings: progress, quality control, BIM, scheduling meetings, keying, commissioning, prepare minutes as needed.
• Manage O&M closeout process
• Return all phone calls and emails within 24 hours
• Assist PM with daily tasks as directed
• Visit jobsite minimum once per week, if not already on site for a meeting. Ask questions and review with PM/Superintendent
• Be relentlessly proactive in seeking more work from the PM, for taking on new tasks
Education and Experience Requirements
• Four-year Construction Management or Engineering Degree or equivalent, plus at least 2-3 years’ experience as an APM for a commercial GC
• Knowledge of construction, design, finance, and management required.
• Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance.
• Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc.
• Experience with school construction a plus.
• Superior interpersonal and organizational skills necessary.
• Proficiency with ProCore, BlueBeam and Primavera P6, along with the MS Office Suite
Industry-leading Compensation and Benefits Package offered, including:
• Incentive Bonus Plan
• Discretionary Annual Bonus
• Profit Sharing Plan
• 401K with Company Match
• Comprehensive Medical Insurance Coverage – company pays 100% of premium for employees
• Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off
• Jury Duty and Military Leave
If you have the experience as an Assistant Project Manager for a Commercial Construction Company in the DC Metro Area, and you can offer drive, commitment, and enthusiasm, we look forward to hearing from you
Those applicants who are successful in moving forward to the screening process will be asked to email a detailed resume, and a list of at least three professional references, to include former supervisors, who will be contacted to verify your work experience, attitude, integrity and ethics.
The successful candidate for this position will be required to undertake testing for Illegal Substances, and will be required to pass a Criminal Background Check.
Please attach a Microsoft Word version of your resume to your application.
This position is open only to those legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Relocation is not available for this position, which is open to experienced APMs living in the DC Metro Area.