Twin Ash / Eden Foods – Snover, Michigan seeks a dependable General Manager with experience for its bean and grain crop cleaning operation. Must have knowledge of organic agriculture, business, and food safety. Communication and supervisory skills required. Good work, people, and benefits.
Twin Ash Farms Organic Processing
Position: General Manager
Reports to: Headquarter Operations General Manager
Nourish relationships with growers that result in mutual benefit to Eden Foods and the growers to achieve the objective of cleaning and acquiring high quality field crops.
Manage and refine business, operational, and policy systems for the company; maintain up-to-date documents related to these systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Oversee work schedules, employee deployment, how work is carried out, and how the company interfaces with others outside the business
2. Ensure a high level of maintenance of the property
3. Maintain, develop, and articulate a strategic plan and tactics to further business relationships, grower relationships, and the development of staff and the facility
4. Maintain timely, clear, and efficient communications with both Twin Ash and Eden staff
5. Establish and implement service and quality assurance standards and practices for handling, production, storage, facility cleaning, and transport of organic beans and grain consistent with organic and food safety and sanitation necessities
6. Maintain and manage annual budgets and company projects
7. Help determine personnel and equipment requirements
8. Oversee, develop, implement, review, and maintain a plant Food Safety Plan with the Food Safety team to achieve Food Safety, Organic, and non-GMO certifications
9. Manage internal systems, standard operating procedures (SOP’s), safety programs, and controls to ensure safe, efficient, effective operations
10. Maintain operational compliance with company programs, procedures, and federal and state rules and regulations
11. Hire, train, and supervise staff in operations, safety procedures, records maintenance and storage
12. Interface with buyers and producers to codify, communicate, and record product specifications, analysis, tests, and ensure compliance with Terms of Sale.
13. Develop, implement, and monitor measurable productivity and quality performance of operations
14. Maintain a safe and efficient work environment
15. Negotiate services and equipment contracts, and lease agreements in conjunction with headquarters as needed by the company
A. BS / BA or equivalent required. Five (5) years management experience
B. Experience and understanding of food handling and farming
C. Knowledge of organic growing and handling practices
D. Good written and verbal communications skills
E. Computer aptitude, becoming proficient in various company software and its utilization
F. Teamwork approach and awareness in carrying out company work
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a complete explanation of all duties. Employees are required to perform other duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor or Eden Management. Eden reserves the right to modify job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.