Process Automation Controls Engineer
Our manufacturing client in Buffalo, NY is looking to hire a Process Automation Controls Engineer. This Engineer plays a key role in supporting the manufacturing process. This Engineer is the primary resource for maintaining, updating and troubleshooting the existing Rockwell Plant Pax Control system and its interface to other systems including off-line lab testing, in-line instrumentation, the process historian and the manufacturing execution system (MES). This Engineer will work with a team of Technicians & Engineers to maintain, troubleshoot and improve the process automation systems in the plant.
• Ensure that field devices, instrumentation systems, communication networks and interfaces are working properly.
• Keep track of engineering changes and update necessary documents utilizing the Management of Change (MOC) process.
• Provide bug fixes, enhancements, and upgrades to the control system – from the HMI to the controllers. Enhancements and upgrades include managing both software and firmware upgrades, as well as implementing new technology.
• Assist plant engineers, technical advisors, technicians and operators in troubleshooting process upsets.
• Ensure control systems meets all Process Safety and cybersecurity requirements.
• Work with the Manufacturing Technology group to implement both small and large projects affecting the control system.
• BS Engineering degree required
• 3-7 years of chemical process manufacturing or related experience required.
• Process Safety Management (High Hazard Process/Low Hazard Operation) experience a plus.
• Rockwell Plant PAX experience is required.
• MS SQL experience a plus.
• Union environment experience a plus.
• Ability to identify and executive improvement expense and small capital projects including scope, authorization, construction, commissioning and start-up.