1. Originates story concepts, researches articles, interviews sources and gathers material to develop copy for internal and external newsletters, brochures, social media, posters, user guides and other materials.
2. Writes, edits and proofreads assigned editorial copy, ensuring accuracy, corporate-style grammar usage, spelling and clarity.
3. Creates print and electronic layouts using desktop publishing and Web content management system software.
4. Develops, edits and produces short-format videos of special events and other special interests.
5. Develops enhanced graphic images with optimization for web and NJTV. Enhancement includes the manipulation of Adobe Acrobat files of published Rail/Bus timetables and other graphic images for printed material.
6. Provides support and monitoring for social media engagement with customers utilizing various mediums.
7. Integrates social media platforms with existing corporate digital systems. Assists department in developing strategy to utilize social media efficiently and effectively.
8. Participates in the identification and selection of vendors to design, prepare and/or print materials; coordinates production and procurement processes.
9. Prepares distribution lists and ensures materials are distributed to relevant audiences, including posting on electronic sources.
10. Participates in the development of strategies, collaterals and administrative actions to support community outreach and special events to increase employee, customer and community awareness of company initiatives.
11. Participates in the development and preparation of special presentations at the request of senior management for EMT, Transportation Commissioner and corporate Board Meetings.
12. Provides technical support for special media events, including corporate Board Meetings, Senior Summits and other events on location.
13. Participates in the development of content and display for NJTV, including the organization of content and the timing of launch.
14. Assists organization with special activities, new services, emergencies and/or other major service disruptions.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS REQUIRED
Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communication Studies or related area, from a US Department of Education accredited college or university and two (2) years of experience in communications, public relations, customer services or a related field in a corporate environment with proven experience in writing and/or layout and production of electronic and printed materials. Strong organization and written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading, English grammar and spelling required. Practical knowledge of desktop publishing software, such as QuarkXpress, Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator, and Web content management systems. Experience with Macintosh OS desired. One year of closely related work experience can be substituted for each year of education required.
THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY HAS A RESIDENCY LAW
Equal Opportunity Employer
Communication Services Coordinator
Newark, NJ - graphic, desktop, bus, publishing, media, adobe,...
Software Engineer - User Interface
New York, NY - communication, desktop, develop, services, audio,...
Hoboken, NJ - program, communication, local, activities,...
Customer service clerk
New York, NY - clerk, communication, customer, time, contact,...
Senior Executive Analyst's Earn P/Y
Newark, NJ - services, management, executive, system, analyst,...
Security Officer ACC - Security Per Diem
Livingston, NJ - programs, fellowship, services, state, one, only,...
Coordinator of Transplant Services (Kidney)
New York, NY - transplant, coordinator, pharmacy, radiology,...