R&D Testing Manager needed! Job #2067
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
This hands-on leader manages all activities related to R&D and testing. The job includes research and development testing supervision of personnel, development and tracking of budget, and ensuring test and engineering requests are coordinated and completed in a timely manner.
* Electronic/electrical maintenance and repair skills.
* Proficient in calculations including formulas for voltage and power.
* Working knowledge of creating and interpreting electrical diagrams.
* Working knowledge of data acquisition for measuring voltage, current, temperature, pressure, and other signals.
* Working knowledge of PLCs and VFDs for use in testing and production of components.
* Ability to use and maintain test equipment such as: power supplies, current transducers, volt meters, torque sensors, load cells, hipot testers, etc.
* Ability to perform high voltage tests (120kVAC and 150kVDC).
* Proficient in Microsoft products, especially Outlook, Excel, and Word. Ability to chart and interpret data for the purpose of reporting and stating conclusions.
* Working knowledge of protocols to transfer data to devices (e.g. RS-232, RS-485, USB, ModBus, CAN Bus, etc.).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage team of technicians and engineers.
* Coordinate schedules for testing, reporting, and protoyping.
* Collect, analyze, and report test findings.
* Interpret technical drawings for building prototypes.
* Design, setup, and conduct tests under operational conditions for evaluation of product.
* Write technical reports.
* Assemble product on test equipment and/or into test fixtures by connecting valves, pumps, hydraulics, mechanical or electrical controls, cabling, tubing, power source, and indicating instruments.
* Review technical problems and procedures and recommends solutions or changes in procedures.
* Understand mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
* Apply such concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
* Interpret and test to regulatory standards such as UL, NEC, ASTM, etc.
* Travel, including international travel, is required on occasion.
* Supervise team of technicians and engineers.
* Interviews, hires, and trains employees.
* Plans, prioritizes, assigns, and directs work related to engineering, R&D, and testing.
* Completes performance reviews.
* Rewards and disciplines employees.
* Addresses complaints and resolves personnel problems.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering BSEE or similar like Electronics Engineering
BOTTOM-LINE REQUIREMENTS: (Candidates must answer)
1. Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar.
2. 6-10 years Electronics, PLC, Controls and Electrical experience in a prototype setting.
3. Experience in high voltage tests (120kVAC and 150kVDC).
Please send resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment and include
salary, phone number and reference Job #2067. Candidates must also provide responses to the employer's BOTTOM-LINE REQUIREMENTS which are numbered and listed above!
Omaha, NE - restaurant, rd, ne, restaurant management, manager,...
Director of Multicultural Initiatives
Omaha, NE - director, employment, seeking, education, ne,...
Omaha, NE - fair, hire, education, ne, administration, world,...
Electrical & Instrumentation Tech
Council Bluffs, IA - plant, instrumentation, plc, sap, electrical,...
Director of Multicultural Initiatives
Omaha, NE - director, strategic, omaha, website, ne, education,...
Omaha, NE - assistant, fort, ne, custodial, supervisor,...
Senior Electrical Controls Engineer
Omaha, NE - controls engineer, plc, mfg, electrical, control,...