CESAR A. FELIZ
• I am an energetic and resourceful technician with demonstrated expertise in network services, cabling and electronics, hardware and software, data application services, training and development, project management, computer operations, maintenance, installations, integrations, and troubleshooting.
• I combine analytical decision-making with a strong ambition for success, as well as a disciplined focus on top-quality performance.
• I am also a results-oriented self-starter, who organizes action plans and delivers solid problem-solving strategies to achieve high-level productivity.
• Bilingual – Fluent in English & Spanish
OS: Windows Server 2003/2008, AIX, Windows 7, Windows XP, Vista
Networking: TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, Windows Network Infrastructure, Virtualization, DNS, DHCP, Remote Desktop, Subnetting
Hardware: PC’s, Laptops, HP Servers, Juniper Firewalls, Cabling, Cisco Routers, 3Com Switches, Nortel/Avaya VoIP systems
Software: Active Directory, MS Office Suite, MS Exchange 2007/2010, MS Sharepoint, Retail Pro, Real VNC
Microsoft Certified IT Professional - (MCITP), In Progress
Cisco Certified Network Associate - (CCNA), In Progress
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security - (CCNA Security), In Progress
UNIFORM ADVANTAGE Plantation, Florida
Network Administrator/Technical Support 2010-2012
• Maintain the Microsoft infrastructure, including Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Exchange and Application Servers
• Upgrade, install, and troubleshoot networks, networking hardware devices and software.
• Maintain inventory of equipment and parts as well as documentation of vendor activities
• Recommend and schedule repairs to the LAN/WAN
• Establish network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
• Establish network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
• Perform network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning.
• Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation.
• Create, conduct training programs, provide references, and support for users.
• Upgrade network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
• Meet financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
WAL-MART STORES, INC. Coral Springs, Florida
Regional Field IT Technician 2008-2010
• Led projects involving integration across various disciplines and supporting technologies. Performed installation and troubleshooting, as well as support of local- and wide-area network hardware, software, and applications.
• Performed all cabling operations for voice, data, audio, and video for Wal-Mart stores. Upgraded the legacy telephone systems to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) systems.
• Examined work orders and conversed with equipment operators to identify equipment problems and ascertain presence of mechanical and human errors in contribution to problems.
• Advised management regarding customer satisfaction, product performance, and suggestions for product improvements.
PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS Tampa, Florida
Installations Coordinator 2007-2008
• Accomplished overall administration, direction, logistics, and personnel management for audio and video, as well as broadcast system design, installation, and integration projects.
• Provided motivation, training, and counseling in development of subordinates. Managed human resources, teams, and stress to create quality organizational climate.
• Studied blueprints, schematics, manuals, and specifications to choose installation procedures.
UNITED STATES NAVY Naples, Italy
Electronics Tech Supervisor 1997-2007
• Employed basic principles of leadership, including use of oral and written communication in professional relationships to instruct, oversee, and evaluate performances of 20 highly trained personnel.
• Maintained computers running Windows operating systems by implementing and coordinating software update services. Prepared for and introduced disaster-recovery solutions.
• Directed user, computer, and group accounts in Windows server 2003 active directory-based environment. Executed scheduled preventive maintenance tasks, such as checking, cleaning, and repairing equipment to detect and prevent problems.
• Responsible for maintaining, repairing, calibrating, tuning, and adjusting all electronic equipment used for communications, detection and tracking, recognition and identification, navigation, electronic countermeasures, security systems, access control, voice and data systems, fiber-optic cabling, CCTV, and Xerox copiers. Replaced worn parts, such as gaskets and seals, in water-tight electrical equipment. Calibrated testing instruments and installed and repaired equipment to prescribed specifications.
• Administered the Navy’s preventive maintenance program, which provided a schedule for and monitored the completion of all preventive maintenance performed on all shipboard interior and exterior communications, Radar, and navigation equipment.
• Inspected components of industrial equipment for accurate assembly and installation, as well as for defects such as loose connections and frayed wires.
ITT TECHNICAL INSTITUTE, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Associate in Applied Science (AAS) - Electronics Engineering Technology, 1996
THE ACADEMY – Fort Lauderdale, FL
Network Expert Program: A+ (Certified), Network + (Certified), MCITP (in progress), CCNA (in progress), CCNA Security (in progress).
CommScope Enterprise Fiber Solutions, Uniprise BICSI Recognized CEC
CommScope Coax Cable Solutions, Uniprise BICSI Recognized CEC