Highly analytical, motivated, and results-driven professional seeking a Supply Chain Manager position that offers opportunities for self-improvement and professional growth. Leverage abilities in applying innovative, state-of-the-art concepts to optimize operational efficiency and continuously improve process toward fulfillment of corporate target objectives. Known as an empowering manager adept at directing multi-functional teams and utilizing out-of-the-box approaches in leading and developing teams to achieve solid bottom-line results. Excel at building long-term quality relationships focused on teamwork, service level, and cost containment. Capable to work and multitask effectively even in globally competitive, challenging, and fast-paced environment. Willing to travel and relocate. Articulately communicate both in oral and written in English and Spanish languages.
- Supply Chain/Sourcing Management
- Project Management and Operations
- Continuous Process and Performance Improvement
- Cost Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
- Leadership, Training, and Team Building
- Strategic, Operational, and Tactical Planning
- Problem Solving and Decision-Making
- Time Management and Prioritization
- Strong Presentation and Negotiation Skills
- Outstanding Client and Supplier Relations
SCHLUMBERGER - SUGAR LAND, TX: 2010–PRESENT / 2005–2008
Supply Chain-Sourcing Leader Jul 2010–Present
Spearhead and mentor a team that sources a portfolio of approximately 13,000 parts that represents $50M annual spend of the center. Render high level of assistance in resourcing plan of approximately 600 parts annually of various commodities, such as raw material, machined, and electrical parts.
- Initiated the development of sourcing plans to secure supply, minimize risk, and maximize value in terms of quality, delivery, and cost
- Displayed unsurpassed expertise in sourcing projects to guarantee on-time completion and involvement of all functions such as supplier quality and engineering required in the qualification process
Supply Chain-Sourcing Specialist Feb 2010–Jun 2010
Utilized strong negotiation skills in managing requests for quotation/proposal with the goal to meet the specified quality, delivery, and cost objectives.
- Served as an integral contributor in the qualification process of parts that were being resourced to achieve sourcing projects and guarantee supply
- Partook in implementing supply chain processes that minimized non-value added tasks and cost
Supply Chain-Process Improvement Leader Dec 2007–Jul 2008
Presided over supply chain management key performance indicators as well as relevant data and indices toward fulfillment of corporate target goals and objectives. Applied Lean Six Sigma initiatives throughout the Supply Chain Department of the center.
- Drove all efforts to streamline process standardization on purchasing and supplier management across a functional team that included manufacturing, accounting, and customer service
- Played a vital role in the creation, selection, deployment, and maintenance of supply chain tools and applications to support a community of approximately 20 buyer/planners, 6 purchasing specialists, and 12 manufacturing engineers
Manufacturing Process Engineer and Buyer/Planner Feb 2006–Nov 2007
Oversaw procurement and planning, including repairs for a product line with monthly sales amounting to more than $1M. Primarily held responsible for supplier management and negotiations.
- Masterfully led the successful implementation of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma applications in manufacturing
- Delivered to the customer the required equipment on time and under competitive cost and quality
Buyer/Planner Intern Jun 2005–Dec 2005
Tasked to order material in accordance with product requirements/specifications using an ERP system. Alleviated accounting issues under time constraints by closely monitoring the payments of supplier invoices.
- Enhanced understanding of shop floor operations by working collaboratively with the Production Team
DELL, INC. - AUSTIN, TX
Global Logistics and Fulfillment-Masters Intern May 2009–Aug 2009
Maintained frequent interaction with 3rd party freight audit provider on concept, development, and validation of procurement specific reports/tools. Regularly interfaced with transition core team to resolve discrepancies during the implementation period of a global freight audit provider.
- Aided in setting up the financial reporting process to accurately monitor financial results of negotiations and sourcing projects
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING, GPA: 3.20: DEC 2009
- Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING, GPA: 3.87: DEC 2005
- University of Houston, Houston, TX
Graduated summa cum laude |Outstanding Junior and Senior Student of the Industrial Engineering Department
Granted the Academic Excellence Award and Scholarship from the Industrial Engineering Department
Special Programs: Engineering Leadership and Entrepreneurism Program
Thurmond B. Woodward Dell Corporate Scholarship | Xerox Corporation Technical Minority Scholarship
Alpha Pi Mu, Industrial Engineering Honor Society | Tau Beta Pi, National Engineering Honor Society
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
Attended some training classes sponsored by current employer, such as: APICS, Green Belt Training, Project Management and Basic Training in Machined Parts
Green Belt Certified
ARENA | AutoCAD | Microsoft Office Suite | ERP Software