firstname.lastname@example.org Tracy, CA 95377
Summary of Experience
Over ten years in IT and Customer Service including Technical Writing, Documentation, Data Centers and Technical Support.
Key strengths: Project Management, Communication, Coordination, Organizational Management, Training, Presentation, Facilitation skills. Recognized as a team player, self-starter and motivating multi-tasker with the ability to develop and implement process improvements and execute effective meetings in a fast-paced environment. I am also willing to travel.
Environments: Windows, 2000, XP, NT, Server/Workstation, PC
Software/PC: MS Office Suite, ProjectSolve2, Exchange, Snagit, Visio, Acrobat, Outlook, FootPrints
Network: LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Windows NT, Ethernet
Tracking Tools: FaciliWorks, REMEDY, Compaq Insight Manager, PURSUIT, DPUmbrella
ROBERT HALF TECHNOLOGY & INTERNATIONAL, Pleasanton, CA 2007- Current
Technical Writer/IT Business Analyst, 6/07 - current
Meet with IT Directors negotiating approvals for corporate IT Manuals and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
Write policies and procedures centralizing all IT department processes using ITIL.
Develop, write and maintain SLAs including Operational Level Agreement (OLA) between IT and business owners incorporate new and existing systems and services into their SLA package.
Create and maintain requirements for reports that measure IT Service Level achievements.
Gather service level requirements, information and capabilities to accurately negotiate improvements and achievements to upper management, business owners and various IT departments.
Ensure that all process and procedures for Enterprise Customer Support are consistent and accurate.
Present new methodologies, documentation approaches for new requests and best practices to Upper Management.
Facilitate weekly SLA review meetings from SLA initial research to implementation.
Provide and monitor analytical reports measuring effectiveness and timeliness of mass communications.
Primary writer and backup for departmental Communications Analyst.
Facilitate daily IT Healthcheck meetings for all IT directors, managers and other key business departments.
YAHOO! INC/ENCORE STAFFING, Sunnyvale, CA 2006- 2007
Contractor, Facilities Supervisor, 10/06 - current
Created and wrote the Facilities Helpdesk Operations Operations Manual.
Developed and implemented methods, policies and procedures for staff and department best practices.
Maintained and updated all documentation for Facilities 9-Building staff and Campus Event Coordinator.
Wrote responses to company surveys and provided support to resolve customer complaints or issues.
Maintained adequate staffing levels by interviewing, hiring, promoting; assumed operator position as necessary.
Provided written weekly status reports and quarterly performance evaluations.
Established and maintained positive relations with internal and external customers.
Provided a secure and safe work environment for staff and customers.
Alerted management for areas of improvement and made appropriate recommendations
511 TRAVINFO/ALLTECH/PB FACILITIES, Oakland, CA 2004- 2006
Sr. Operations Manager, 01/04 - 09/06
Interviewed resources to gather information for departmental documentation.
Reviewed, updated and distributed 511 Operator Manual.
Wrote and created a Standard Operating Procedures Manual used for day-to-day operations.
Wrote and created an Emergency Procedures Manual in compliance with State buildings.
Wrote protocol for Bay Bridge Demolition and construction weekends
Created checklists for on and off boarding new operators in compliance with HR procedures.
Utilized all documentation for training new operators.
Guided 16 direct reports on 3- shifts, 24x7 shift transit/traffic operations and supervisors in a union environment.
Responsible for accurate, timely, effective administration, engineering and meeting SLA’s of all 511 Operations.
Orchestrated rapid response for all day-to-day traffic, transit, HR and personnel matters in the Traffic Information Center (TIC) and Traffic Management Center (TMC) covering 9 Bay Area counties.
Wrote proposals and involved all phases of collective bargaining agreement negotiations of my staff.
Generated and distributed all tracking, metrics and statistics using ProjectSolve2, Word and Excel.
Developed a positive network of relationships and liaison for Project Manager, CWA Union, Caltrans, California Highway Patrol, Metropolitan Transportation Commission (MTC) executives and Transit Manager Partners.
Ensured proper staffing by interviewing, hiring, promoting; assumed supervisor’s shift in their absence.
Established career development, mentoring and performance management planning.
Successfully trained supervisors on enhancements/upgrades on Enhanced Data Fusion System.
Arranged TMC and TIC facility tours/Open House events to prospective world-wide high-level clients and executives.
Researched and replied to 511Operations Public Suggestions Mailbox.
Verified completion of DOJ Background checks, fingerprinting and clearances through CHP.
Facilitated daily supervisor shift turnover meetings to ensure efficient work flow transitions.
Created a departmental recognition bulletin board and encouraged peer-to-peer recognition.
THE CLOROX COMPANY, Pleasanton, CA 1998 - 2003
IS Supervisor, 10/99 – 12/03
• Wrote, reviewed and maintained all Network and Mainframe troubleshooting documentation.
• Generated documentation for Compaq Insight Manager and SAP R/3 Transport requests to train all technicians.
• Established procedures for print load balancing among high-speed printers to save excess click charges.
• Wrote all the technical job descriptions for project managers in Business Applications group.
• Created and wrote the on and off boarding procedures for the Monitoring Support Group.
• Directed the Business Applications and Monitoring Support Group providing coaching, mentoring, career development and performance management planning.
• Guided 26 direct reports on 3-shifts, production operations, daily processing and ERP/CRM applications on NT, UNIX and Mainframe platforms.
• Implemented Disaster Recovery procedures for primary and off-site Data centers.
• Facilitated daily shift turnover meetings to ensure efficient work flow coordination.
• Formed proper staffing for all 3 shifts by interviewing, hiring and promoting internal candidates.
• Administered data center policies to meet service level agreements.
• Consistently used REMEDY for ticket tracking in multiple queues.
• Integrated SAP Basis, Siebel and BW teams. Trained staff on monitoring SAP R/3-BW and Siebel systems.
• Created a departmental recognition bulletin board as part of Compelling Place to Work project.
• Ambassador of the Cost Busters Team and Compelling Place to Work projects.
Contractor, Project Manager, Oakland, CA, 4/99 – 10/99
Modis Inc., Pleasanton, CA
• Interviewed technical resources for accuracy and compliance standards.
• Implemented and wrote processes and procedures for the MSO2000 company-wide rollout project team.
• Initiated and wrote trouble shooting and training documentation manuals for technicians.
• Implemented and wrote processes and procedures for the MSO2000 company-wide rollout project.
• Created flyers and posters informing employees of their upgrade information.
• Directed the MSO company-wide rollout project. Interviewed, hired and managed MSO2000 team of 12.
• Designed upgrade schedule by location and priority of business needs.
• Summarized, reported and answered all MSO2000 project trouble calls in REMEDY, Lotus, Office97
• Facilitated daily status team meetings, maintained project and user information in Lotus Notes.
Contractor, Project Manager/Coordinator, Oakland, CA, 5/98 - 9/98
ESG Consulting, Walnut Creek, CA
• Generated and implemented procedures for the IP LAN Printer Upgrade Project for 2500 users.
• Formed and implemented process documents, training manuals and Emergency Backup Server Procedures.
• Researched buildings/floors, wrote recommendations for a transparent transition and high customer satisfaction.
• Created checklist and contact form assuring every PC was upgraded and functioning properly.
• Pioneered the NT Rollout/Y2K Network Printer Project.
• Interviewed, hired and managed the Upgrade Team of 10.
• Trained Upgrade Team on IP configuration, TCP/IP addressing and installing HP Jetdirect boxes.
• Provided troubleshooting and desktop support NT, Win95, Office97, Lotus Suite and tracked calls in REMEDY.
• Installed and built over 12 NT print servers, 150 printers and queues.
• Rewardingly completed project 28 days ahead of schedule and saved over $10,000
Education: 2001 - Bachelor of Science, Business Management, Univ. of Phoenix, Sacramento, CA
2009 - MBA, Univ. of Phoenix, Sacramento, CA (Anticipated)
Certificates: Lessons in Leadership, Performance Management Process Development, Interpersonal Management
Skills, Managing and Getting Things Done, Behavioral Interviewing, Clorox Diamond Leadership Institute, Customer Service Awards of Excellence