SUSAN G. WILDE
Chicago, Illinois 60647
Experienced steel industry sales and marketing professional offering marketing, outside and inside sales, and customer service experience. Extensive knowledge of flat rolled steel in CR, HR and coated products, and hot rolled bar, structurals and plate. Familiar with most metal products including aluminum and stainless, as well as tubing, bar and sheet products Excellent communication skills; analytical; consultative style. A detail oriented, highly dependable, and conscientious worker who adds value to an organization.
• Key Account Management and Retention
• Sales and Business Development
• Strategic Planning
• Contract and Price Negotiation
• Territory Development
• Team Building and Training
• Project Management
GORDEN BROTHERS STEEL WAREHOUSE, Chicago, IL 2009-Present
Inside Sales Representative
Inside sales, fielding inbound requests for material and pricing. Soliciting new business from existing clients, hunting new client business.
Cold calling, prospecting, and qualifying potential clients.
PERLOW STEEL CORPORATION, Broadview, IL 2007-2008
Outbound inside sales; prospecting, cold calling, qualifying potential new accounts.
• Built successful sales territory from scratch; generating over $3 million annual sales.
• Assumed all responsibility for an additional territory during an extended medical leave.
• Customer base comprised of forgers, steel service centers, and OEMs.
R.G.RAY Corporation, Inc., Buffalo Grove, IL 2005- 2007
Managed new and existing programs to create new designs and products as required by customers. Quoted new business and analyzed profitability of existing business. Worked closely with Engineering and Manufacturing personnel.
ARCELORMITTAL STEEL (formerly ISPAT INLAND STEEL) Chicago, Illinois 1988-2004
Product Control Representative 2002-2004
Performed profitability analysis on potential new business. Analyzed production capacity in association with customer demand. Balanced production facilities and ensured optimal manufacturing efficiency. Provided price and product guidance to sales representatives. . Audited transactions and ensured compliance between sales agreement and order details. Ensured compliance to customer and industry specifications.
• Trained and mentored new hires and sales staff on new pricing system.
• Identified hidden internal cost, culminating in cost savings in excess of $100,000 in one year.
Account Representative, Outside/Inside Sales 1994-2002
Gathered and disseminated market and commercial intelligence to the sales management team.
Managed commercial relationships through widely fluctuating supply and demand cycles, as well as prepared sales and inventory forecasts and negotiate pricing with customers.
Created and regularly updated annual territory and business plans.
• Generated annual sales of up to $60 Million, depending on territory assignment.
• Coordinated commercial relationship with largest channel-partner to provide sole-supplier status to a national appliance manufacturer.
• Led successful campaign to retain a client contract worth $30 Million annually.
• Facilitated 12-member team in creating strategic territory plan.
• Customer base comprised of OEMs, steel service centers, tubing manufacturers.
RYERSON STEEL (Formerly a Division of ISPAT INLAND STEEL) Wallingford, CT 1988-1994
Inside Sales Representative
Sold key accounts and negotiated pricing on a cost-plus basis. Suggested fabrication and value-added services.
Identified issues or problems, instituted corrective action and generated new business with existing customers.
• Internal transfer / promotion resulted in moving to Chicago to Ispat Inland Steel in 1994
H.B. IVES, New Haven, Connecticut 1983-1988
Performed all aspects of customer service from order entry to final shipment.
Assisted in planning and sales at trade shows and home center demonstrations.
Promoted top contract accounts, including building contractors and OEMS.
Directed top-priority national accounts for major retail chains such as Home Depot, Ace, and True-Value Distribution Centers.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAVEN, New Haven, Connecticut
Master of Business Administration
QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY, Hamden, Connecticut
Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communications
State of Illinois Licensed Real Estate Salesperson # 476423638
Professional coursework includes Negotiation Tactics, Customer Oriented Selling, Diversity Training, Territory Development, and numerous others.