CANDIDATE: Business Objects Administrator/ Analyst/ Developer
IT Software Development ~ Data Warehousing ~ Data Bases ~ System Analysis ~ Business Intelligence ~ Business Modeling ~ Data Modeling ~ Information Modeling and Architecture ~ Business Objects Administration
Forward-looking IT professional with outstanding background in software development for Great-West Life Assurance Company and solid knowledge of Financial, Banking and Insurance Systems. Consistently assumes responsibility to complete projects within time and budget constraints, both independently and on teams. Fluent in English. Technically proficient in Administration, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Operation, Testing and Support of Applications for Financial Banking Systems, Insurance Companies, Data Warehousing, Government Reports and Lines of Business.
Great-West Life Assurance Company
• Planned, coordinated and developed high-technology software installation projects in the insurance sphere, including all steps of SDLC.
Log-On Software Company, First International Bank
• Resolve yield problems and optimized existing processes by streaming design, acquiring data, and conducting several fruitful projects in Financial Banking Systems.
GREAT-WEST LIFE ASSURANCE COMPANY, Winnipeg, MB 2007 - 2009
Group System Support Services, System Administration, Policy Administrative System.
Business Objects Administrator/ Analyst/ Developer
• Design, development, testing, support and implementation of Policy Administrative System;
• Work closely with project managers, system analysts, share responsibility for application delivery and quality of solutions;
• Extensive experience with Business Objects (including Universe Builder, Reporter, Designer, Supervisor, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Central Management Console), SQL, Oracle, PL/SQL (including Cursors, Exceptions, Packages, Procedures and Functions, Triggers and PL/SQL Blocks), Excel, MS SQL Server, Microsoft Reporting Tools, SQL Reports.
• Business Objects administration, installation, migration, configuration, maintenance, technical support and troubleshooting of Business Objects implementation;
• Participate in and contribute to the implementation of best industry practices for Business Objects
• Business/Data Analysis, Information Modeling and Architecture, Development Government Reports, Lines of Business jointly with Oracle Corp. Project Management Headquarter;
• Data Dimensional Modeling (CA ERwin Data Modeler), Data Migration (ETL), Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence analysis, design, development implementation and training of Policy Administrative System with Business Objects;
• Develop and enhance software applications in response to user requests in new business areas;
• Planning and implementing Extract - Transform - Load (ETL) processes.
• Responsible for troubleshooting issues, On Call 24/7 Systems Support.
ROBERT HALF TECHNOLOGY, Calgary, AB 2007
Business Objects Administrator/ Analyst/ Developer
• Providing Information Services and value-added information technology solutions for GWL Assurance Company;
• Delivering I.S. solutions that meet business objectives while ensuring adherence to change management processes;
• Extensive experience with Business Objects, SQL, Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL Server applications;
• Maintaining a high level of customer service focus.
LOG-ON SOFTWARE COMPANY, FIRST INTERNATIONAL BANK, Tel-Aviv, Israel 2003-2007
Business Intelligence Architect/Analyst/ Developer
• Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Operation and Support of Financial Banking Applications jointly with IBM Developer’s Team for the First International Bank.
• Development Shares Trading System closely connected to the New York Stock Exchange.
• Hands-on development experience with Business Objects ( including Universe Builder, Designer, Desktop and Web Intelligence), SQL, Oracle, PL/SQL (including Cursors, Exceptions, Packages, Procedures and Functions, Triggers and PL/SQL Blocks), SQL Server applications;
• Business Analysis, Data Dimensional Modeling (CA ERwin Data Modeler), Data Migration (ETL), Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence analysis, design, development the System for the managing accounts of VIP clients, First International Bank.
ISRAEL ELECTRIC COMPANY (IT DEPARTMENT), Haifa, Israel 1991-2003
Programmer Analyst/ Developer
• Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Operation and Support of Clients and Customers Accounting System of the Israel Electric Company;
• Development Applications for connecting Accounting Systems of the Israel Electric Company;
• Extensive experience with COBOL, CICS, DB2, IMS, PL/1, Adabas/Natural, VSAM , JCL, TSO/ISPF, SQL, Oracle, PL/SQL, SQL Server tools and applications;
• Data Modeling and creating Data Warehouse for the Clients and Customers Accounting System and Oil/Gas Projects of the Israel Electric Company;
• Data Migration (ETL) from Mainframe DB2, IMS/DB, Adabas environment to Oracle and SQL Server Databases.
NATIONAL TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY of Ukraine Kiev Polytechnic Institute, Ukraine,
ranked first nationally, and is world recognized in graduate programs.
Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (MSEE)
ORACLE UNIVERSITY, Tel Aviv, Israel
Certificate Master DBA in Oracle environment, 2002-2003
TIDHAR EDUCATION CENTRE, Haifa, Israel
Certificate Expanded Engineering Administration (included Project Management and System Analysis) (400 hours), 2001-2002
NEW APPLICOM SOFTWARE COMPANY, Tel Aviv, Israel, 2002
Certificate Business Objects Enterprise Administration, Reporter, Designer, Supervisor, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Central Management Console
Robert Half Certification Assessments:
Advanced CICS COBOL Programming, Jul, 2007
Advanced CICS COBOL Application Programming, Jul, 2007
PreVisor’s Certification Assessments (Modis IT):
Advanced DB2 Programming, Sept, 2009
Advanced IMS Programming , Sept, 2009
Member of ISRAEL ORGANIZATION OF ENGINEERS & ARCHITECTS since 1991.
Programming Languages: COBOL, SQL, PL/SQL ( including Cursors, Exceptions, Packages, Procedures and Functions, Triggers and PL/SQL Blocks), PL/1, Natural, Natural/DB2, DL/I, HTML, XML, VB.NET, C#, ASP.NET, T-SQL, FORTRAN
Databases: DB2, IMS/DB, VSAM, Adabas, Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, MS SQL Server 2005,2008, MS Access 2007.
Applications/ Utilities: Business Objects Enterprise XI R3(Universe Builder, Designer, Desktop and Web Intelligence, Xcelsius, Crystal Reports), Cognos 8, Erwin Data Modeler, CICS, JCL, TSO/ SPF/ ISPF, QMF, IMS/DC, IBM MQ Series, SPUFI, Syncsort, Endevor, Xpediter, Abend-AID, File-AID, Predict, Excel, Easytrieve, BMC Catalogue Manager & Utilities, DB2 Utilities, TELON, PANVALET, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, 2008, ETL, ASP.NET, Natural Construct, Control-M.
Operating Systems: IBM MVS/ESA, IBM z/OS, UNIX, Microsoft Windows NT/XP/Vista.
Communications/ Networks: 3270 Emulation, PCOM, XCOM, MQ Series, FTP.
Technique & Methodology: Business Intelligence, Business Analysis, Data Warehousing, Project Management, System Analysis, Data Modeling,Data Migration, SDLC
2008 Course Changeman, Telon, CA7, Data Dictionary( Great West Life Company, Winnipeg, MB)
2008 Course ISPF, Job Submission IOF, Job Control Language, Programmer’s Workbench & Panvalet (Training and Education, Winnipeg, MB Learning Centre)
2006 Course Microsoft C#.NET for Developers (SELA University)
2005 Course CICS/TS Application Programming Training - IBM CI170 (Visa Corp.)
2004 Attending forums of Oracle Corp. on up-to-date features of Oracle DBA
2002-2003 Certificate Master DBA in Oracle 9i environment include DBA I, DBA II,DBA III, SQL, PL/SQL, Database Administration, Recovery, Backup, Network Administration, Database Tuning, Oracle Installation on UNIX Platforms, Integrity Systems Management, SQL and Application Tuning and Configuration, Advanced Oracle Topics, Oracle OEM (Oracle University, John Bryce Oracle Education Centre)
2001 Course Oracle Forms Developer and Forms Server 6i (Oracle Education Centre)
2001 Course Advanced PL/SQL Oracle 8i Development (John Bryce/Oracle Education Centre)
2001 Certificate Business Objects Enterprise Administration, Reporter, Designer, Supervisor, Desktop Intelligence, Web Intelligence, Central Management Console (New Applicom Software Company).
2001-2002 Certificate Expanded Engineering Administration (included Project Management and System Analysis) (400 hours), Tidhar Education Centre
2001 Course Microsoft Excel Applications Development (IT Education Centre)
2000 Course Microsoft Visual Basic Applications Development (IT Education Centre)
1998 Course Performance with Natural Programming, Natural Construct Application Development, Mastering Natural Tips and Techniques (SPL Software/ Software AG)
1997 Course COBOL, PL/1, VSAM, JCL, MVS (Mainframe Training Centre)