“David is highly respected by his co-workers for his attention to detail, strong management skills, broad technical abilities, and commitment to servant-leader philosophy.” -- Daniel Lopez, President H&H Innovative Technologies
IT OPERATIONS SENIOR MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST
Network Systems Management Administration - Business Analyst - Data Center Operations,
Project Management - Application Development - Securities & Monitoring - Middleware & Web Services
A recognized pioneer and dedicated leader, complemented with a stellar reputation for providing vision and oversight to IT operations. Experienced in managing 24x7 IT Center Operations, while demonstrating a keen expertise in completing numerous complex projects, on time and within budget, while significantly reducing the Total Cost of Ownership and maximizing Return on Investment. Possessing equally strong abilities to grasp the organization’s overall goals and utilize viable technology solutions to meet objectives of each business unit and its unique requirements. Excels at building and developing award-winning support teams, while encouraging professionalism, exceptional technical aptitude, and positive attitudes.
- Technical Support and Troubleshooting
- Outstanding Client Management
- Leadership, Training, and Team Building
- Articulate Oral and Written Communication
- Efficient Time and Budget Management
- Superior Interpersonal and Presentation Skills
- Conflict Resolution and Decision Making
- Highly Organized with Strong Analytical Abilities
- Highly experienced in Information Technology related project and personnel management
- Expert in LAN, WAN, Server, Desktop, and User support, including group policy management, advanced active directory or directory services administration or scripting, technical documentation, and policy writing
- Skilled in facilitating network and Internet related securities, managing network security appliances including various firewalls, McAfee and Symantec corporate products
- Proficient in Windows NT-2008 Server, DOS, Linux, and all other workstation operating systems, TCP/IP or wireless communications
- Knowledgeable with all email clients, Exchange and Blackberry Server management or administration
- Familiar with all office productivity applications, including Project, Sharepoint, Visio, and PowerPoint
- Extensive knowledge of HEALTH IT and HIPAA regulatory compliance
- Practiced with Polycom audio and video conferencing systems, VoIP, PBX maintenance, programming, and virtual routing
- Able to provide Client Point of Sale systems, sales support services, specialized training, and web presence management
- Shows competency in product and application development, marketing, and life-cycle planning
IT OPERATIONS AND SECURITY MANAGER, H&H INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES - JACKSONVILLE, FL APR 2007–MAY 2009
Directed and coordinated daily operational aspects of business focused on providing IT solutions to meet specific needs of clients. Oversaw network securities administration, disaster recovery planning, asset inventory, software licensure, HIPAA compliance coordination, policy writing, and technical documentation.
- Assumed full responsibility for the project management of a multi-site, centrally managed Health IT departments, as well as the preparation of work schedules and assignment of specific duties to staff
- Played a vital role in supervising the following software and application development initiatives:
> First time installation and administration of SharePoint application
> Enterprise wide installation and administration of numerous stand alone servers to VMware
> Custom .net application development team to create the Life Wise Assessment program for use at all affiliated CCRC locations
> New enterprise wide deployment and administration of DELL PowerVault SANs for disaster recovery and VMware server storage
DIRECTOR OF TECHNOLOGY, THE GLENRIDGE ON PALMER RANCH - SARASOTA, FL JUN 2004–APR 2007
Established and implemented organization policies, goals, objectives, and procedures in partnership with board members, organization officials, and staff members as necessary. Administered budgets to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Facilitated training and computer classes for employees or residents to develop their technical expertise, and fostered the highest level of performance toward achievement of goals and objectives
- Spearheaded .net application development team to originate a customized web accessible member directory software
NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR, ILLINOIS SCHOOL DISTRICT 126 - ZION, IL JUN 1997–JUN 2004
Worked collaboratively with corporate sponsors and technology vendors to conceptualize and engineer an innovative support solution. Created and structured a cost saving, multi-tiered vocational job training and internship program that trained and developed high school students to provide technical support in a model corporate IT Department. Personally led and trained hundreds of students who subsequently became responsible for writing several program training manuals. Administered student led programs that were called a “Best Practice” by the Chicago Public School system that was later adopted by eight other schools and featured in Vocational Training News, Volume 35 Issue 10.
- Built three distinct departments that address all support needs of the school district, resulting in significant reduction in support costs:
> Tech-crew: provided a corporate help desk and all levels of support for district teachers or students who installed, configured, and supported all servers and workstations in the local and wide area networks; ensured internet systems security, reliability, and availability to all system users; implemented network security counter measures to protect data, hardware, and software
> Web-crew: created and maintained the high school website and provided web development for numerous local businesses
> Rec-crew: developed a special computer recycling partnership where thousands of donated computers were reconditioned for use or processed and sold to a recycling firm, which resulted in after school employment for students that brought significant financial contributions to the program and invaluable work experience for participants
- While exceeding district support requirements, numerous students later received partial scholarships to area colleges or universities including two full scholarships to the Milwaukee School of Engineering, due in part to participation in these programs
LAN ADMINISTRATOR, ALLEGIANCE HEALTHCARE - CHICAGO, IL OCT 1995–JUN 1997
Provided support and managed the local area network for a two-building segment of a 15,000 plus seat Windows NT WAN. This management involved daily supervision and scheduling for 2 full time technicians, maintenance of the network, overseeing enhancements or upgrades, and maintaining backup systems. Daily monitoring network activities to ensure proper utilization of resources within budget, as well as tracking the status of software and hardware licensing agreements to guarantee timely renewal.
- Conceived and led an international multisite project consisting over 30 members who provided photography, live action reporting and web development teams to build the internal hour by hour “S.A.P. Go Live” website
- Upgraded all servers and workstations, while offering simultaneous support to numerous technicians, users, and vendors. Carried out purchasing and budgeting roles during the corporation’s well documented S.A.P. roll out
OPERATIONS MANAGER, H & H COMPUTER SOLUTIONS - JACKSONVILLE, FL SEP 1994–SEP 1995
Directed and oversaw the operations of Technical Support, Training, and Sales departments to ensure efficient workflow and productivity.
- Streamlined the Technical Department to build and train a customer-oriented team responsible for building and cultivating long-term, quality relationships with clients and vendors to provide total satisfaction
- Designed a technical training program for Sam's Club computer sales associates specifically noted as increasing computer sales 25% and software sales 21% over the previous year's good figures
LEAD TECHNICIAN, H & H COMPUTER SOLUTIONS - JACKSONVILLE, FL FEB 1992–SEP 1994
Provided technical voice and modem support to firm's technicians. Maintained a friendly customer service help desk for both business clients and end users. Conducted training and tutored both technicians and end users in addressing their technical requirements and achieving the best possible customer satisfaction.
- Planned, installed, cabled, and maintained 25 separate LANs and repaired hundreds of new and used PCs
COURSEWORK IN TECHNOLOGY - Florida Community College, Jacksonville, FL: 1992–2009
ASSOCIATE OF MISSIONS LEADERSHIP - Calvary Bible Institute, Jacksonville, FL: 1993
ASSOCIATE OF BIBLICAL STUDIES - Calvary Bible Institute, Jacksonville, FL: 1991
- Novell Advanced Directory Services Training | Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Services Training
- 7 Habits for Highly Successful People Business Training Series (assisted instruction)
- Project Management (Intermediate) | Microsoft Project 2007 (Basic and Advanced)
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Milwaukee School of Engineering, 2007
- Ranked in Top 5 of "Star Award" winners for exemplary service based on employee and resident feedback, The Glenridge 2006–2007
- Certificate of Excellence for significant contributions to students, staff and community, Board of Education, School District 126, 2003
- Certificate of Appreciation for exceptional service as the elected treasurer of Student Council, Calvary Bible Institute, 1993
- Received the Humanitarian Service Medal, Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal, and a Commendation, while serving in the U.S. Navy
- Boy Scout, Scout Master, and Area Leader, for scouting programs within The Boy Scouts of America
- Co-Founder, Youth Quake Live, a student led and run professional variety show
- Webmaster, Mission First Coast, a purpose driven network of 80+ churches
- Assistant Coordinator, 1st Annual Jacksonville March for Jesus
- Christian-Oriented Martial Arts Instructor
Technical Support Engineer
Jacksonville, FL - troubleshoot, active, hp, technical support,...
Management Technical Support
Jacksonville, FL - servers, linux, unix, solaris, aix, storage,...
Technical Support Project Manager
Middleburg, FL - computers, migration, roy, caterpillar, technical,...
Technical Support Sales
Jacksonville, FL - technical support, tech support, support, aircraft,...
Jacksonville, FL - blue, he, analyst, jcl, technical, ms, office,...
Technical Support Customer Service
Jacksonville, FL - nortel, help desk, support, technical support,...
Desktop Support Technician
Jacksonville, FL - printers, desktop, desktop support, sccm, users,...