Clayton, NC *****
To obtain a position with advancement opportunities that will utilize my IT and customer service experience.
Highly motivated, self-starting team player with strong interpersonal skills, attention to detail and flexibility with 12 years of computer hardware, software and testing experience of high availability performance servers and 4 years of military service (USMC) with core strengths in:
Troubleshooting & Problem Solving
Sandoz Pharmaceuticals, Wilson, NC February 2011- February 2012
• Managed pharmaceutical equipment and production supply inventory accordance to cGMP compliance.
• Issue parts to mechanics for repair of equipment and record transactions on the appropriate work order.
• Coordination efforts result in increased associate production times and company supply cost savings.
Senior Product Field Engineer IBM, RTP NC 1998 – March 2010
• Interact with customers in a call center environment to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints via phone and or email.
• Utilized creativity, judgment, advanced problem determination and source identification skills with the use of stress tools and problem recreation techniques to resolve complex problems involving server hardware, microcode, operating systems, applications, and network issues.
• Provided action plans and root cause analysis for customers, field support teams and client representatives through comprehensive reports, communicated both orally and written in complex multi-vendor, multi-protocol networks, high availability servers, RAID and remote management product environments to diagnose problems to resolution.
• Collaborated with product engineers, development and field support teams to create technical documentation to support improvements to existing support tools, BIOS and Firmware code troubleshooting processes, break fix solutions and procedures.
• Trained and mentored team members to help maintain team skill development in RAID, remote management and troubleshooting skills.
• Contributed to department attainment of organizational objectives, and customer satisfaction by meeting or exceeding division standard metrics, according to company SOP.
• Functional use of VMware, Linux and Windows operating systems (installation and configuration) in a lab environment.
Project Manager 2005 – 2006
• Managed hardware, BIOS, firmware code changes and updates for high availability, mid-range, and entry-level servers.
• Managed server hardware option parts, ensuring that the appropriate hardware and software development engineering teams tested and resolved any hardware or code malfunctions.
• Maintained code and option parts database (efforts resulted in 80% saving warranty dollars).
MICHAEL REEVEY PAGE TWO
US MARINE CORP (USMC), Veteran, Jacksonville, NC 1987 – 1991
Education Non-Commissioned Officer
• Managed education and training of personnel and staff through correspondence and college coursework.
• Maintained personnel service records and staff memorandums.
Embarkation Non-Commissioned Officer
• Managed company equipment
• Managed company work details and maintained embarkation readiness.
Federal Bureau of Prisons / NC Department of Corrections, Butner/Raleigh, NC 1994- 1998
• Supervised master control, controlling access across facility by surveying activities through monitors, identifying personnel and inmates, and ensuring proper authorization to enter designated areas per SOP.
• Provided professional custody and control both state and federal male and female inmates in minimum, medium and maximum security facilities included inmate discipline, escape prevention, and supervision of inmate movement and work activities per SOP.
• Maintained positive public relations, responding to calls and addressing concerns.
MBA, Network and Communications Management
DeVry University, (Keller Graduate School), Morrisville, NC, (Expected graduation date, November, 2012)
BS, Technical Management
DeVry University, Morrisville, NC, 2009
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
cGMP, Certification, (Completed August, 2010)
Wake Technical Community College, (BioWork Capstone Center), Raleigh, NC
BioWork, Certification, (Completed, August, 2010)
Wake Technical Community College (BioWork Capstone Center), Raleigh, NC
Windows: 7, XP, Vista, 2000, 2003, 2008, Excel, Microsoft Word, VMware, Adobe Photoshop, Norton Ghost