Brian C. Potvin
Elmhurst, IL *****
Senior manager with extensive experience in large-scale construction developments seeking a career that will make the most of my leadership skills in Operations, Purchasing, Contracting and Consultant Management.
• Project Management
• Purchasing, contracting and cost control
• Conceptual Estimating and Budgeting
• Land Development, Infrastructure and Vertical Construction
• New Project Due Diligence
• Consultant Management - Architectural, Civil, Structural, Geotechnical etc..
• System and process implementation
Senior Project Manager – New England Builders, Skokie, IL
01/07 – Present
• Senior Project Manager for a $100M custom active adult development in Lake Bluff, IL, 40 unit Condominium development on Lake Michigan in Racine WI.
• Responsible for management of all phases of construction from land development and infrastructure, through vertical construction.
• Responsible for management of onsite personnel.
• Responsible for budgeting, cost control, accounting, bank draws and profit / loss.
Director of Operations – KB Home (Formally Zale Homes) Schaumburg, IL
12/2000 – 08/2006
• Responsible for leading the vertical construction teams including field production, customer service, purchasing and daily units processing.
• Reduced direct costs through extensive value engineering and the development of strategic partnerships with subcontractors
• Implemented system and process upgrades to maximize the efficiencies of both internal and external team members
• Obtained the second highest customer service rating throughout 32 divisions in 2005
• Implemented daily disciplines to reduce cycle times
Contracts Manager – Cambridge Homes, Libertyville, IL
06/1994 – 12/2000
• Developed strategic partnerships with the subcontractor and vendor base to ensure the highest quality at the most responsible cost in a mutually beneficial relationship.
• Closely followed the commodity markets to ensure the best possible timing for commodity purchases.
Bachelors of Science – Construction Management
Purdue University – West Lafayette, IN
Internship – Citicorp Real Estate, 200 South Wacker Drive, Chicago, IL