Yvette F. Loynes, LGSW
To obtain a challenging position using, sharing, and expanding on my knowledge of social work theories, and intervention techniques.
Two Internships of Active Involvement with Group and Individual Counseling • Strong Base in Current Social Work Theories and Concepts • Skilled in Learning New Concepts • Innovative • Team Player and Individually Motivated • Excellent Communications Skills • Resourceful • Works Well Under Pressure • Acknowledge the Importance of using Evidence-Based Interventions • Results-oriented • Licensed Social Worker
Master of Social Work, University of South Carolina May 2007
Concentration Micro Social Work
Graduated with 3.69 GPA
Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Clemson University December 2002
Minor in Management
Baltimore Behavioral Health July 2009 – Present
Clinical Therapist Baltimore, MD
- Responsible for supervising patient care to persons 18 to 65 years old in the dual diagnosis program. Responsible for facilitating educational and task oriented groups. Responsible for documentation being descriptive in nature using appropriate clinical terminology in electronic medical records and submitting in a timely manner.
Florence Bertell Academy/The Mentor Network May 2008 – Present
Clinical Therapist Capitol Heights, MD
- Provide therapeutic services to students designed to specifically meet the goals and objectives for their Individual Educational Program and Individual Treatment Plan. Facilitate treatment groups and provide individual, group, and family therapy. Provide crisis intervention services to students and/or families during school hours. Coordinate and facilitate Treatment Team operations scheduling all team conferences and meetings. Represent the Agency at Court, IEP, educational reviews and other meetings of significance to the student.
Department of Mental Health Nov. 2007 – May 2008
Human Service Coordinator I Camden, SC
- Managed large caseloads in timely and compassionate manner in accordance with agency guidelines. Provided client education, community referrals, and all other duties associated with case management. Conducted psychotherapy to individuals, adults and children, with problems such as personality disorders, behavioral disturbances, anxiety, depression, schizophrenia, and substance/alcohol abuse. Develop, write, monitor, and modify client treatment plans. Preformed intake assessment to determine services needed by client. Communicated with physicians to complete involuntary commitment documentation.
Yvette Loynes, LGSW
BlueCross BlueShield of SC June 2005 – Nov. 2007
Human Resources Columbia, SC
- Managed employee records utilizing personal computer, and analyze information to generate correspondence and reports, while maintaining the highest confidentiality. Computed salary in association with company provided benefits and process bi-weekly payroll. Communicate with various levels of upper management to process time sensitive information in a timely manner. Demonstrate excellent customer service concerning various benefits, payroll, and flexible spending account questions.
Palmetto Health Baptist August 2006 – May 2007
Social Work Intern Columbia, SC
- Preformed bio-psychosocial assessments as part of the intake process to compile an accurate history. Referred patients to social service agencies for aftercare appointments. Designed discharge plans for psychiatric patients. Utilized communication skills to build relationships with patients and their family members. Provided crisis intervention and emergency counseling to patients entering the Crisis Stabilization Unit.
Fairfield Behavioral Health August 2005 – May 2006
Social Work Intern Winnsboro, SC
- Provided therapy to individuals and groups with a variety of issues, which included addiction and chronic mental illness. Conducted assessments for alcohol and/or drug addiction. Organized comprehensive treatment plans. Monitored patient progress, and assisted patients with discharge planning. .
Pine Grove Sept. 2003 – April 2004
Behavior Therapist Elgin, SC
- Implemented individual behavior modification treatments plans for children diagnosis as autistic and/or mental retardation. Instructed independent living skill to autistic children. Coordinated psychological appropriate activities for autistic children.
Department of Social Service August 2003 – April 2004
Volunteer Columbia, SC
- Referred clients to organizations for service not provided by DSS. Made recommendation to my supervisor during placement meeting. Answered client and community questions about DSS programs or refer them for answer.
Salvation Army Boys and Girls Club of Anderson May 2002 – August 2002
Psychology Intern Anderson, SC
- Contributed and assisted in the overall daily operation of the Boys and Girls Club’s core programs. Attended, participated, and made recommendation for staff meetings. Created an environment that promoted the social and emotional well being of the youth.
National Association of Social Workers
Windows, Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook, SPSS
References available upon request