___________________________________________Mr. SRINI VUDATA_________________________________________________
Result Oriented IT professional and mentor, over 16 years of solid hands on experience in full life cycle (SDLC) of s/w business modeling, system analysis, design and development. Significantly raised business productivity levels by applying reengineering methodologies and innovative solutions. Proven ability to build strong relationships with the clients and team. Self motivated and innovative thinker, consistently pursuing new challenges to stretch abilities, expand knowledge and bring greater returns to employers. Worked in highly reputed companies like Lehman Brothers, CitiGroup, AIG, GE Capital, IBM , DEC.
ACADEMIC & OTHERS
Education: MS Computer Science equivalent, 1986, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore (TN), India
BS Electronics Engineering equivalent, 1983, JNT University, Anantapur (AP), India
On job Training: Securities - Fixed Income – FX, Data Warehouse Techniques, Business Objects, Personal communications
Visa Status: US Citizen
HTML, ANT, Log4J, Perl, C/C++, PowerBuilder, Visual Basic, COBOL, Unix Shell
Operating Sys: Unix (SOLARIS, AIX, HP-UX, SUNOS, ULTRIX), VMS, MVS, Windows-XP
Hardware: ETHERNET, DECnet, Banyan Network, SUN Sparc, IBM AS/400, DEC:RS-6000, IBM-370, VAX-8350, DECNet
Database: Oracle-10g, SQL Server-2000, SYBASE-12, UDB (DB2), Informix-10, DB2, DEC Rdb
App Server: BEA Weblogic, Websphere, TIBCO, JRun, Apache Tomcat, MS IIS, Netscape Enterprise Server
Tools & Service: JBuilder, Eclipse, Visual Café, JProbe, UML-Rational Rose, TogetherJ, Erwin, RogueWave Tools, MS FrontPage,
X-Windows/MOTIF, XDesigner, TCP/IP, GENEVA, ORACLE Financials, MANMAN, AutoSys, SysAdmin, InetSoft
Business: Equity, Fixed Income, Trades, Market Data-Price-Corp Actions, Risk, Hedge Funds, Portfolio, Accounts, Manufacturing,
Business: Equity, Fixed Income, Trades, Market Data-Price-Corp Actions, Risk, Hedge Funds, Portfolio, Accounts, inventory
AIG: Insurance Adjustments Module System: Jun 2008-Current
Lead the architecture, design & development of Adjustments Module; mentoring & leading the team. Lead & designed different process
• Advise & guide like various day to day on-call activities, SDLC process, accountabilities & procedures.
• Analyze business and advise the process & remedies
• Closely worked with user community and resolved day-to-day business, production & operational issues.
• AMS is the insurance renewal process system. It includes calculation of Risk components & its allocation process; profit unit center allocation; automation of insurance booking & billing process; reinsurance process. The process involves complex data feeds & process synchronization with external processes. The system is leveraged in J2EE environment that includes JMS, EJB, JSP/JSF & web services.
Environment: Solaris, UDB(DB2), J2EE, MQSeries, XML, Web Services , Websphere, Inetsoft
Lehman: Investment Management Division (IMD): May 2005-Jun 2008
Lead the architecture design & development of Portfolio Management Resources (PMR); mentor the team on emerging technology.
• Aligned latest technology to legacy systems for the management new project strategies.
• Designed and developed framework for rapid report & feed generation.
• Mentor the team and demonstrated the innovative solutions on J2EE.
• Closely worked with user community and resolved day-to-day business, production & operational issues.
• Portfolio Management Resources (PMR) is the heart of IMD, originally developed on Informix 4GL. The system is re-architected on
J2EE environment. Lead the architecture design and development of the new process flows. Leveraged the process environment on
Weblogic load balance, high availability and scalability.
• Migration to Oracle & Solaris: Lead the project to migrate PMR from Informix to Oracle on Sun. Reverse engineered the Informix database and deployed to Oracle. Resolved All Informix SQLs are converted to Oracle PL/SQL. System tuned well to get the best performance.
Environment: Solaris, Linux, Informix, J2EE, XML, Web Services, Oracle-10g, PL-SQL, Weblogic, Eclipse, CVS, Erwin,
CitiGroup - SmithBarney: eTrade Sep 2003-Apr 2005
Served as a lead; designed & developed eTrade System; system design and technical guidance to application development efforts, ensuring
project goals/deliverables and infrastructure capabilities; balanced toward achieving project and IT emerging technology goals.
• Worked with upper management to define and enforce architecture, strategy and vision.
• Build systems based on latest tech architecture to improve business processes and in alignment/support of critical business strategies.
• Implemented J2EE for real time automation of electronic Trades Order Management System, improved performance by 30%.
• Mentor the team on innovative solutions of automation and J2EE.
• Closely worked with Fixed Income Trading Floors and resolved day-to-day business, production & operational issues.
• Created new business flows to FX and Bond business, added millions of dollars to the company revenue.
• Created Trade Dataware House for system performance monitoring and improve the business process.
• ORION - CitiGroup Global Fixed Income Trading System. The system is modeled on real time Request For Quote (RFQ) from public,
P& L check, auto quote, accepts the public Trade for Ticketing & Booking. Lead in design and development of the process flow
trade channels - Chief Dealer, FX-All (FX) & Bond Vision (Euro Govt.) around J2EE, TIBCO-RV & CORBA. The J2EE environment is
leveraged on Weblogic load balance, high availability & scalability.
• Trade Data Warehouse: Architected, data modeled & developed Trading Data Warehouse. Authored variety of Fixed Income complex
financial and performance reports like -Sales Person / Trader response time; Trader Ticketed Summary and detailed Transactions; Trader
Rejects Summary and Reasons; Annual Business Transaction Summary against Trade Desk, Channel, Country; Auto Response Summary
& Detailed Performance against Channel, Time taken for each subsystem process.
Environment: Solaris, Linux, Sybase, J2EE, JSP, JMS, EJB, XML/XSLT, ANT, TIBCO, CORBA, Weblogic 8.1, Erwin, Perl, Business Objects
AIG - International Asset Management/DKR Capital (Hedge Fund Company) Stamford, CT Dec 2000 - Mar 2003
Managed and architected the investment business Real Time Trades, Tick Data and its related data like Investment Master & Corporate Actions data feeds, analysis and data archive in J2EE environment. Automated critical business processes like Trade and Security data feeds, data messaging, loading to Operational Data Store (ODS) & Data Warehouse, Trade Reconciliation & correction. Resolved Trader’s day-to-day problems & supported trading applications including Market Data, integration issues across platforms.
• Closely worked with Trading Floors (Equity, Fixed Income & Commodity) and resolved day-to-day business, production & operational issues.
• Designed the methodology, planned & developed migration of Portfolio Management Systems -‘Total Return’ to ‘Geneva’.
• Keep with industry trends, technology and methodologies. Facilitated technical discussions between higher management, peers and vendors
on latest technology and the best practices. Researched and adopted latest application development processes.
• Assessed the business implications of key technology alternatives for wide-impact initiatives and recommended appropriate strategic action
• Established organization-wide standards for determining data needs and developing data specifications to meet customer requirement
• Determined organizational impact of software maintenance issues and develop strategies to address them. Served as the highest level technical expert, addressing issues of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms; project plan & analysis on all IT projects.
• Dataware House on Investment & Risk Management: Analyzed, model designed and developed dataware house. Authored complex reports for Trade, Investment, Risk, Corporate Actions, Price and other back office financial reports.
• Security Master: Designed and developed the system for multi data suppliers (Bloomberg…), archive and upload into Portfolio
Management Systems (Geneva & Total Return). The back office data reconciliation is automated and improved the productivity by 75%.
• Pricing: Developed tools to process Daily / Week / Month End Security Price P&L-that loads multi quotes from data suppliers, on daily /
weekly / monthly basis, computes the quantity, cost, Market Asset Value, AIG/DKR Asset Values & P&L.
• Corporate Actions: Automated feed processes and archive Corporate Actions for all the holding securities.
• Trades: automated Trade Reconciliation process for in house daily trades, with validation and correction procedures.
PRICELINE.COM, Stamford, CT Jun 99-Dec 2000
Responsible for Business Model, Data Model of the enterprise backend data processing. Personally more involved with the following integrated business modules development - Data model, system analysis-identifying business entities, activities, responsibilities, collaborations and designing Class components, coding, testing & deployment.
Hotel System: Hotel System is the Hotel reservation module of priceline.com. When the Hotel offers, submitted from public, ready for processing, the offers pass through the various intelligent processing modules. Once the offer is confirmed for logical validity, the system carries the transactions with Worldspan for the room availability. Once applicable price class is available, it books the seat based the pre-agreed price agreements against the public offer. Designed and developed the system for very high volume, high scalable, tremendous performance improvement with intelligent modules and optimizing database and Worldspan transactions.
Airlines System: Airline System is the airline reservation module of priceline.com. When the airline offers, submitted from public, ready for processing, the offers pass through the various intelligent processing modules. Once the offer is confirmed for logical validity, the system carries the transactions with Worldspan for the seat availability. Once applicable price class is available, it books the seat based the pre-agreed fare agreements against the public offer. Designed and developed the system for very high volume, high scalable, tremendous performance improvement with intelligent modules and optimizing database and Worldspan transactions.
Demand Collection System (DCS): DCS is a web based business management system. The tool provides an easy way for business people to monitor online business performance, business tune up, control critical data for airlines/hotel/rental cars and keeps business margins sync with the Worldspan. Designed & developed whole system for company revenue management.
GE CAPITAL, Stamford, CT (self employed) May 96-Jun 99
Responsible for business model, Data Model, identifying business entities, activities, responsibilities, collaborations and designing Class components, coding, testing & deployment for the following systems.
Information Technology Controllership (ITC) , Stamford, CT
Mid level management uses the web based app to create new project info and get funds approval/grants from the higher management. The app contains more than 25 dynamically generated forms. Designed and developed the whole system, that includes subsystems like-Project Information-Start dates, Estimated costs; Technology-used S/W and H/W tools, external consultation cost; Risk Management; Quality; Capital-capitalizing the project & cost, responsible persons involvement; Financials over the project duration-Assets-Accounts Receivable, H/W, S/W, consulting, cash; Liability-Accounts payable, misc. reserves; Savings-Revenue Projected, Y2K Cost, Consulting Savings; Expenses-Equipment Depreciation, Rentals, furniture & training.
New Hire Process, Stamford, CT
Satellite Transponder Availability and Reservation System (STARS), Stamford, CT
TV broadcasting companies reserve the Satellite Transponder Time, managed by Americom, a GE company. Every user logs in through internet on secured socket layer, on digital certified environment, makes Regular Booking, Block Bookings and updates the Satellite UpLinkers, Queries for Time Availability, Search Booking info, views the Online Transponder Usage. This is a very complex system purely in Java. As the system architect, I designed and developed most of the crucial components that includes Java Beans like MDI (multi doc interface), Table, and KeyPressPane. Most advanced features in Java like multi thread, Swing/JFC, Server, Object Serialization, TCP/IP, Sockets, RMI, and Servlets are effectively implemented. EJB with Persistence is used.
ENV: Solaris Shell,Oracle,SQL,Java,RogueWave,J2EE,Weblogic,Café,JBuilder,Netscape Server, Rational Rose,Erwin
A financial report generator for GE Global deposits in different accounts, running on T3 transaction server architecture. It categorizes the GE Business & segment, its customers and deposits schemes in multi currency, deals, investment exposure with maturity dates. The report generator is capable of generating at global level exposures for each business that drills down to individual accounts. Reports generated in coffee tables and JavaCharts (Pie, Bar, XY charts). Designed and developed the whole system.
Quality Management System, GE CAPITAL, Stamford, CT
Higher management confidential info tool to study on going company businesses and projects planning, tracking & financial impacts at the corporation level Project Quality Management. Handles complex financial computations, business/corporate, financial reports and business roll up. Used Tabs, MDI, Inheritance, Dynamic Data Windows and embedded SQL with complex SQL queries. Designed and developed the system. ENV: SQL-Server, SQL, MFC, ODBC, OLE, PowerBuilder 5, Visual C++, MS Office, Erwin
Source Online-GE CAPITAL, Stamford, CT
An internet Merchant Server (Netscape) that supports Internet Business Shopping (e-commerce), handle various consumer product, purchase / billing mechanism. Lead in data modeling and auto HTML pages pattern generation, image processing, data modeling-Supplier Data Mapping and Data Import modules. Designed & developed ODBC API based Data Mapping & Data Loading tools to down load data from heterogeneous databases, front end HTML pages with Java applets and backend SQL transactions.
Datalogix International Inc. VALHALLA, NY (consultant; employed by RHI Consulting) Feb 96-May 96
Design & development of the manufacturing technology interfacing with Oracle Financials information system.
Environment: Unix, C, Oracle Financials, AIX, HP
IBM/Advantis, White Plains, NY (consultant of Boston Group) Jun 93-Feb 96
Network Components and Management System: This is a Communication Network Inventory, Topology and Configuration system. The system maintains Communication Network Database, plans and configures new / existing networks with Network Components-Circuit, Cable, Box and Card (and port & slot) and integrates with existing network based on the customer needs. Designed and developed 1/3 of the whole system. Features-Network Planning, Structuring & Objects Design, Customer Information, Network Components, Referential Information, Order Allocation. ENV: Unix, C/C++, X/MOTIF, X-Designer, SYBASE, DB2, AS/400, AIX
The Boston Group, Northboro, MA Jun 93-Feb 96
Business Resource Management System: Created and maintains Software Consulting Company activities, keeps track of Consults Personal Info, Clients Info. The main subsystems are *Personnel Information Subsystem *Skill Information Subsystem *Client/Supplier Information Subsystem *Project Information System. In House Projects, Fixed Bid Contacts, Billing, Future Requirements and Required Hardware/Software skill data. Served as a system architect personally coded Personnel Information. Dynamic Data Windows, embedded SQL, complex SQL queries, ensures affective data handling. Databases modeled with Erwin.
ENV: PCs, Windows 3.1, MS-DOS, PowerBuilder 4.0, SQL-Server, SQL, Erwin
Digital Equipment Corporation, Andover, MA (consultant) Jan 91-Jun 93
Information Delivery System, Thompson & Thompson, Quincy, MA
The tool supports the processing of company trade marks (images), scanned through the DEC scanner device and managed on user defined widgets to do QC & Crop. The processed images are stored in database with attribute information that includes text and images description codes. Designed and developed in X-Window/Motif with SYBASE backend.
Inventory Information System
Designed and developed enhancements of User Interfaces and improving system performance with Sybase, Client/Server environment for a large inventory information system at DEC facility.
MANMAN (Manufacturing Management)
Designed and developed new modules, maintained modules to the business requirements. More involved Financials-Costing, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledgers, Order Management, Manufacturing-MRP, Bill of Materials, Work Order, Labor utilization, Repair Orders Management, Material Forecast modules.
ENV: VAX-11 series, VAX/VMS, COBOL, Fortran, Rdb/SQL, DBMS, CMS, Financials, UNIX, C/C++, X/MOTIF, SYBASE
Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), India Jan 88-Jan 91
Satellite real time health control software that includes data acquisition, commanding, event recording & health monitoring display.
ENV: VAX, UNIX, C, FORTRAN, VAX 785