Jeffrey J. Strumello
Pompano Beach, FL 33060
A dynamic and highly motivated individual with solid training and experience both as a technician and business manager. Demonstrates an ability to manage multiple projects, while working in a team environment or while working independently.
Tennant Company -Pompano Beach, Florida 2009 - Present
Field Service Representative
• Responsible for customer service and repair of Tennant manufactured street sweepers and floor scrubbers at customer locations.
• Utilized company supplied equipment, van, computer and cell phone to dispatch myself and schedule day to day operations.
• Performed major and minor repairs on industrial diesel, gas and liquid propane engines.
• Troubleshoot and repair on board mechanical, hydraulic,electrical and electronic systems.
• Provided customers with estimates, quotations and invoices also collected payment information such as PO numbers, credit cards and signatures.
• Conducted and coordinated sales of new equipment and planned maintenance agreements.
• Performed installations of new equipment and trained customers on machine operation.
• Maintained accurate van inventory levels and performed monthly cycle counts.
• Generated expence reports for van expences, shop supplies, and locally purchased parts weekly.
• Tracked external productivity and provided daily time recordings using SAP.
J & N Marine Services - Pompano Beach, Florida 2003 - 2009
• Responsible for all aspects of business management, accounting, marketing, sales and customer service for high end yachts, US Coast Guard and commercial marine markets.
• Employed between two and seven full and part time staff and technical personnel at all times throughout. Utilized temporary staffing and subcontractors in peak seasons in order to meet or exceed customer expectations.
• Performed installations, repairs and troubleshooting of custom marine equipment including but not limited to, hydraulics & pneumatics, mechanical, electrical and electronic systems. All equipment serviced was classified as necessary for ship safe operation.
• Engineered and manufactured custom solutions for complex problems under time and budgetary limits.
• Coordinated projects with primary contractors (shipyards) and multiple subcontractors.
VT Naiad Marine Florida - Fort Lauderdale, Florida 1998 - 2003
Senior Service Technician
• Responsible for traveling to customer locations domestic and international for system start ups, installations, troubleshooting and repairing of computer controlled hydraulic-mechanical motion control and docking systems.
• Performed overhaul of mechanical actuators, gear boxes, electric motors, centrifugal water pumps, piston, vane & gear hydraulic pumps, Hydraulic Power Units, cylinders and valves.
• Down loaded and adjusted parameters for electronic systems such as CAN-Bus and PLC type controllers.
• Adjusted hydraulic flows and pressures to optimize speed and torque of supplied equipment.
• Analyzed blue prints, drawings and schematics in order to install, troubleshoot and repair system equipment.
• Utilized multi-meters, flow-meters and pressure transducers to help analyze problems.
• Oversaw and coordinated projects with shipyard and subcontractors in order to meet contract deadlines
VanDusen & Meyer - Shelton, Connecticut 1996 - 1998
• Responsible for traveling to customer locations domestic and international for system start ups and warrantee repairs.
• Performed assembly and dynamic testing on computer controlled motion control and docking systems for high end yachts.
• Conducted research and development of new motion control systems with engineers and designers.
• Assisted with start up of service subsidiary in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Columbia Air Services - Groton, Connecticut 1994-1996
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
• Performed, progressive, 100hr and annual inspections on light jet and turboprop aircraft.
• Responsible for maintenance, preventive maintenance and repair of aircraft.
• Researched FAA manufacturer Air Worthiness Directives and Service Bulletins.
• Preparation of legal documentation FAA log book and forms for aircraft maintenance.
Executive Flight Services -Oxford, Connecticut 1993-1994
Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic
• Responsible for aircraft maintenance, preventive maintenance and repair of small flight school and charter aircraft operation.
Florida Metropolitan University -Fort Lauderdale, Florida 2000-2001
• Business Administration
National Technology Transfer - Hartford, Connecticut 1996
• Industrial Hydraulics
Platt Sikorsky School of Aviation - Stratford, Connecticut 1992-1995
• Airframe and Powerplant Mechanics
Federal Aviation Administration
• Airframe Mechanic
• Powerplant Mechanic