M.S. Systems Engineering – National University, La Jolla, CA
M.S. Electrical Engineering – San Diego State University [in progress, 50% complete]
B.S. Electrical Engineering – San Diego State University, San Diego, CA
Excentium Inc., San Diego, CA May 2011 – Present
Information Assurance Security Engineer, supporting Fortune 500 medical device manufacturer
Information assurance manager for networked medical devices in USNavy medical centers.
• Evaluated the security posture of over 35 medical support systems, providing remediation reports and subject matter expertise for vulnerability resolution.
• Managed multiple DIACAP packages for Department of Defense users over multiple product lines.
• Tracked and reported vulnerability alert compliance on DoD tracking systems.
• Provided mitigation and remediation strategies for networked medical device systems.
Mantech Inc., San Diego, CA Feb 2011 – May 2011
Information Assurance Security Instructor, supporting SPAWAR PMW 130
IA/CND consultant for McAfee Host Based Security System (HBSS) accelerated install training effort
• Developed and updated training materials for a virtual training lab environment in accordance with Navy training standards.
• Tested and operated firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, enterprise anti-virus systems and software deployment tools on standard and virtualized hardware systems.
• Provided recommendations on information assurance engineering standards, implementation dependencies, and changing information assurance related technologies.
Sentek Global Inc., San Diego, CA July 2010 - November 2010
Information Assurance Security Engineer, supporting Navy SPAWAR 5.0.9
Engineering consultant to Navy Certification Authority office
• Developed certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation to support the DITSCAP/DIACAP approval process within the Department of the Navy
• Reviewed and tracked C&A documentation to ensure that DITSCAP/DIACAP documentation complies with IA policy directives and instructions.
• Provided risk assessment critiques and evaluations relative to NIST 800-30
• Audited vulnerability scan results from GoldDisk, eEye Retina and manual checklists.
Booz Allen Hamilton, San Diego, CA 2007 - 2010
Information Assurance Security Engineer, supporting PMW 160.2/Code 55620 SSC Pacific
Engineering consultant to Navy cryptographic modernization program office.
• Identified threats, risks and vulnerabilities in NSA Type 1 crypto systems.
• Analyzed attack methods and vulnerabilities to develop mitigation plans.
• Identified cryptographic and key management requirements for Type 1 crypto systems.
• Provided certification and accreditation support for crypto products.
• Derived technical requirements for NSA Type 1 cryptographic equipment.
• Composed test and evaluation master plan (TEMP), CONOPS and statement of work (SOW).
• Wrote Equipment Qualification Test (EQT) and Technical Requirements Document (TRD).
General Dynamics IT Corp, San Diego, CA 2005 - 2007
Staff Engineer – Po Sheng program, MIDS BCRAS program
Engineering consultant to foreign military sales (FMS) program. Technical liaison between MIDS IPO (PMW780) and the Taiwan FMS program.
• Presented technical reviews on CDRLs, ECPs and contract proposals.
• Created Statements of Work (SOW) for proposals from vendors.
• Wrote, reviewed and updated technical documentation.
• Managed risk for installation timeline.
• Wrote cryptographic key management plan (KMP).
• Derived and analyzed system and subsystem requirements.
• Created test plans and training materials for cryptographic equipment.
Small Business Owner/Operator 2003 - 2005
During an economic downturn I bought and operated a small business in order to remain in San Diego and support myself. Managed 15 employees. Also, began graduate school.
Sony Electronics Inc., San Diego, CA 1997 – 2002
Provided software design support during pre-production development for multiple cable modem and digital cable box projects.
• Wrote and maintained PHY level software test plan for digital cable modem.
• Developed embedded system firmware and device driver modules using C and assembly.
• Developed automated manufacturing test software for production line.
• Provided hardware design support during product development for multiple projects in the digital satellite system (DSS) line.
• Supported high definition TV satellite receiver from device verification through production.
• Supervised FCC EMI tests.
• Collected EMI test data and implemented engineering changes to meet FCC specifications.
• Performed cost and quality engineering analysis on comparable products.
• Oversaw completion of vibration, drop, and environmental tests according to test plan.
• Developed proprietary digital interface for Liquid Crystal Displays (LCD).
• Created digital LCD to analog monitor prototype for parts reduction/cost savings study.
• Promoted Sony at VESA standards organization meetings.
• Derived and developed chipset requirements and product specifications for graphics chip.
RF Network analyzer Noise figure meter
RF Power meter RF Sweep generator
Soldering equipment Gap welder
In circuit emulator
LINUX / UNIX
MATLAB / SIMULINK C / C++
MS Team Foundation Server MS Windows
MS Project MS Office
6,480,535 "Generating multi-channel outputs simultaneously in a receiver using polyphase filter" assigned to Sony Electronics Inc., Issued Nov. 2002.
Pending “Shoe drying Methods And Apparatus” filed October 19, 2011
Medical Device Marketing
San Diego, CA - medical device, device, athens, sep, microbiology,...
Software test quality assurance
San Diego, CA - teradata, websphere, runner, gps, sql, jira,...
Quality Assurance Customer Service
San Diego, CA - fda, document, study, compliance, document control,...
Quality Assurance Engineer
Oceanside, CA - fda, capa, validation, regulatory, medical device,...
Quality Assurance Technician
Poway, CA - tester, qa, delta, lead, online, part, testing, he,...
Machine Operator Technician
San Diego, CA - analyzer, machine, generator, medical device,...
Quality Assurance Data Entry
Escondido, CA - preschool, blood, specimen, assurance,...