Mission Viejo, CA *****
A Quality Engineering position utilizing experience gained in quality control, quality assurance, and dimensional engineering.
Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, Michigan State University, May 1995
CALSONIC KANSEI NORTH AMERICA, Irvine, CA
Quality Engineer, 2006-present
• Facilitate the corrective action process and developed action plans to close corrective actions for customer returns.
• Participate in TS 16949 audits and certification process.
• Perform daily line audits to ensure that production personnel are following procedures and meeting requirements.
• Review SPC data and charts to determine if the frequency and quantity of SPC checks are adequate and to determine if the processes are in control.
• Facilitate the scrap reduction process via review of scrap data and the creation of action plans to close out open scrap issues.
• Supervise Technicians and Quality Inspectors to ensure that all quality
requirements/specifications for prototype parts are met before shipment to the customer.
• Work with Program Managers, Manufacturing Engineers, Line Leads, Production Personnel, Technicians, and Quality Inspectors to ensure that all PPAP requirements are met in order to gain full approval from the customer.
KAVLICO, Moorpark, CA
Quality Engineer, 2004–2006
• Facilitated the corrective action process and developed action plans to close corrective actions for customer returns and continuous conformance test failures.
• Participated in the Material Review Board process to disposition nonconforming material.
• Used SPC to monitor and react to out of control process conditions.
• Performed MSA studies to qualify measurement systems.
• Updated control plans and startup checklists for corrective actions
and continuous improvement.
• Performed capability studies for new part launches and software validation.
• Supervised Quality Technicians to ensure production quality requirements were met.
• Lead Production Line Teams to resolve immediate quality concerns and to address daily quality metrics.
• Participated in TS 16949 audits and certification process.
DELPHI (MSX International), Troy, MI
Supplier Quality Engineer, 2003–2004
• Supported the Columbus, OH plant to help resolve quality issues and assist in the PPAP submission process to the plant for 250 suppliers.
• Participated in product developments teams to resolve supplier quality issues and coordinate the PPAP submission process to customers for engineering changes and launching new parts.
• Reviewed and evaluated supplier change requests for potential product
and process changes.
• Reviewed and evaluated suppliers’ root cause analysis to
8d’s or problem cases.
• Facilitated the Quality Focus Supplier (QFS) process with suppliers which includes quality metric progress reporting and corrective actions for reduction in PPM, problem case, and First Time Quality data and to improve on time delivery.
• Visited suppliers to review recent problem cases for root cause/corrective action effectiveness and audit Process Flow Diagrams, Control Plans, and PFMEA’s for updates.
• Developed corrective action plans jointly with suppliers to address open issues at the close of supplier visits.
• Microsoft Office
• Computer Aided Design (experience with Catia, CM4D, Solutions, CMDANA)
• Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
• Statistical Process Control
• 8d Problem Solving
• Advanced Production Quality Planning (APQP)
• First Time Quality
• Lean Manufacturing