Silver Spring, MD 20910 E-mail: email@example.com
A self-driven and achievement-oriented Buyer and financial professional with the stamina to meet timelines and skills in
- Procurement & Supply Chain Management,
- Contract Negotiation & Contract Life Cycle Management
- Supplier Partnering & Strategic Sourcing
- Financial records maintenance, analysis & reporting
Chief Procurement Officer (CPO) Ethiopian Telecom Corporation Feb 2009 to Feb 2011
- Worked with senior management to develop and manage strategic sourcing plans & budgets across the company to meet operational needs, drive quality of service and leverage buying power to achieve cost efficiencies in the supply chain.
- Contract Negotiation and Contract Life Cycle management of GSM, CDMA, 3G Networks, Equipments, Services, SIM/ Scratch able Cards, SLAs and International Capacity Services via Submarine Cable and Satellite.
- Prepared & managed the development, management and quality of RFIs/RFPs/RFQs to ensure customer satisfaction and compliance with all required policies and procedures.
- Evaluated and recommend to management vendor financing arrangements for capital projects and their financing schemes via NPV (Net Present Value).
- Partnered Suppliers and relationship management of existing and new suppliers.
- Established the performance parameters for the duly rating of suppliers and ensure their compliance from time to time.
- US Dollar 9 Million Savings, which is 13% saving on total CAPEX and OPEX savings
- Procured US Dollar 112 Million value of goods and services in a period of two years
- Established reliable, trust based and value adding partnership with key vendors/suppliers
Senior Accountant Ethio Telecom Mar 2011 – Apr 2012
- Oversea the maintenance of accounts and ensure acute recording of financial transactions to ensure reliable financial reporting.
- Prepared financial statements using GAAP and regulatory reports required by laws, tax authorities, regulations, and boards of directors.
- Co-coordinated and prepared annual budgets, including operating and capital expenditure budgets.
- Ensure any variations to budgets and forecasts are explained in management reports, including any future / potential exposures to the organization.
- Conducted financial ratio analysis, NPV, IRR, Discounted Payback to assist management in financial decisions and performance evaluation.
- Saved USD 281,591 by recommending a USD 26.4 Million capital expenditures(CAPEX) using NPV
- Improved the accuracy of budget forecasts by Rolling Budgets
- Leveraged the quality of financial decision through the provision of reliable, relevant and timely reporting of financial results, financial position and changes in financial position
International Mobile Roaming Division Manager Ethiopian Telecom Corp. Jan 2008 to Feb 2009
- Managed International Roaming operations and agreements including the relationship management with roaming partners, signaling providers, data clearing and financial clearing houses.
- Managed outbound and inbound roaming services that include pricing, marketing, and promotion.
- Turned the US Dollar 2.5 International Roaming Business to US Dollar 5.1 Million during my tenure as the division manager.
- Increased the number of International Roaming partners from 112 to 278
International Accounts Financial Team Leader Ethiopian Telecommunications Corp. Nov 2005 – Dec 2007
- Managed the production of invoices, their reconciliation with the received ones and based on the nature of settlement procedure to clear the accounts.
- Managed cash-flow and monitor cash conversion period, prepare cash flow budget to predict cash-flow gaps
- Maintained and prepared accounts and aging analysis reports to enable the correct stands of debtors and the chasing/collection of outstanding debts
- Managed the relationship and finance related disputes with International Roaming Partners and their Financial and Data Clearing Houses
- Receive and check the debit and credit bank advice, which confirms payment and collection, and record the collection and payment accordingly.
- Decreased the cash collection period from 95 to 50 days
- Resolved 167 payment disputes and claims with key International Roaming Partners within 3 months
- Implemented electronic invoicing and settlement solutions
Internal Auditor Ethiopian Ministry of Revenues Nov 2003 – Oct 2005
- Conducted top-down risk-based audit programs for internal audit engagements including financial reporting and financial control audit, performance audit, compliance audit.
- Verbally communicated internal audit findings to senior management and drafted comprehensive and complete report for the audit area.
- Conducted financial and compliance audit engagements
- Reported key deviations from standard control system to the Chief Audit Executive and the board and advised management on segregation of duties of various departments
2010- 2011 Institute of Certified Professional Managers (ICPM), USA
Certified Manager (CM) License # 10635
2011- Present Institute of Certified Management Accountants (ICMA), USA
CMA Candidate Member ID # 7311237
2007 – 2008 Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA), UK
Certificate in Business Accounting (CBA) Reference # 1-4JRF6Z
2010 – 2013(Expected Time) MBA (Masters of Business Administration)
Specialization in Project Management
Cambridge International College (CIC), UK
1999 – 2003 BA (Hons) Degree in Accounting
Accounting & Business Application Software Skills
- Oracle E-Business Suite (Financial Management & Procurement)
Basic Computer Skills
- MS Excel(macros, pivot tables, models)
- MS Access
- MS Word
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Outlook
- MS Project
Senior Vice President & North Africa Sales
1909 Masons Bluff Ct.
Wilmington, NC 28411 USA
Ethiopian Telecommunications Corporation (ETC)
Former Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia