QUALIFICATIONS Possessing over eight years experience in the cruise line industry with skills in acting, music, dancing and a dynamic personality, I do whatever is necessary to provide fun and memories for guests. With numerous years in the service industry as well, taking care of people is second nature. Guests leave remembering me.
WORK EXPERIENCE Assistant Cruise Director, Holland America Cruises, Seattle, WA (5/07 -6/08)
• Hosting and planning of all events and dance in Nightclub/Lounge, exceeding ratings target every cruise
• Stepped up in Cruise Director’s absence, exceeding rating targets for the Cruise.
Activities Director, Celebrity Cruises, Miami, FL (8/07 -11/07)
• Created activities program, hosting theme nights and other guest events and oversaw quality of events
• Scheduled and trained cruise staff, handled all administrative department tasks (65 crew) including safety.
• Regularly worked 12-14 hour days to insure guest satisfaction.
Cruise Director, Victoria Cruises, New York, NY (1/06 - 12/06)
Catered to westerner’s needs on a ship that cruised the Yangtze River in China (3,4 & 7 day cruises).
Scheduled and entertained passengers with events, dance instruction, and performed music.
Assistant Cruise Director, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Miami, FL (11/04-1/05)
• Entertainment rating raised 7% immediately in the first month as Assistant Cruise Director.
• Turned attitude of staff around through efficient Scheduling and fair handling of personnel.
Assistant Cruise Director, Princess Cruises, Santa Clarita, CA (7/03 - 9/04)
• Nominated for Employee of the Month three times from a department numbering more than 100.
• Formed my own unique events and would typically create impromptu entertainment in lounges.
Cruise Director, Regal Cruises, Port Manatee, FL (bankrupted)(1/03 - 3/03)
• Head of department on the company’s only ship. Handled scheduling, entertainment and programs.
Disc Jockey/Bartender, Jillian’s, Westbury, NY (11/01-06/03)
• In charge of DJ training and multimedia system for a 44,000 ft. entertainment/restaurant complex.
Cruise Director/Assistant CD, Renaissance Cruises, Ft. Lauderdale, FL (bankrupted) (3/00 - 10/01)
• Quickly promoted two levels within a year of being with the company (cruise staff, ACD, CD).
• In charge of every onboard activity as ACD, Coordinated staff of 18 and cross-trained in their jobs.
• Designed/published daily programs as cruise staff, coordinating information from all departments.
Cruise Staff, Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, Miami, FL (7/98 - 4/99)
• Service Excellence award for achieving exceptional passenger satisfaction.
Emcee Host, Spirit Cruises, New York, NY (4/96 - 1/98)
• Master of Ceremonies for large entertainment dinner cruise company. Led sightseeing tours.
TALENTS Dancing: Ballroom and line dance instruction - swing, Latin, country, disco and more
Sports: Experience with many; have instructed or coached technique in most sports.
Technical: advanced computer proficiency; fix technical equipment; audio and lighting abilities.
Voice: three years of voice training Theater: numerous regional plays and musicals.
Instruments: trombone, piano and guitar. Juggling: knives, torches, passing clubs.
EDUCATION State University of New York College at Oswego, Oswego, NY (1988-92, 1994-95)
Majors: BROADCASTING, MUSIC (2 BA’s) Minor: WRITING, ACTING GPA: 3.45 cum laude
REFERENCES Dick Carpentier, Cruise Director, Victoria Cruises, email@example.com
Heather Smith, Former Cruise Director, Star Cruises, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sammy Conneen-Baker, Cruise Director, Princess Cruises, email@example.com
Frank Gomes, Manager, Hard Rock Cafe, NY 516-***-****