MARK A. RANK
RANK CONSTRUCTION, INC.¬—Crystal lake, IL
Project Manager, Budget Manager, Customer Service Manager
General Contractor….Custom Home Builder….Remodeler 2007 – Current
KIRK CORPORATION, Bolingbrook, and Carpentersville, IL
Project Manager, Budget Manager, Customer Service Manager 1993 – 2007
Residential Construction … Project Manager …Purchasing….Customer Service
Cost effective project manager with extensive experience in all facets of residential construction. Completed multi-million dollar projects on time, on or under budget. Coordinated trades, developed partnerships, and built positive rapport between management and trades. Saved employers significant dollars by effectively managing cost of materials, subcontractors for on time completion of construction. Possess sound organizational, planning, problem-solving, and communication skills
Responsible for overall management of residential construction development for one of the largest construction companies in Illinois. Duties included: design and blueprint review; negotiation of semi-annual bidding contracts, and selection of sub contractors; overseeing material purchases, production scheduling, project budgeting, and building code compliance. Maintained excellent quality control and customer service.
Budget manager responsible for overseeing contracts and increases in budgets, plan revisions to blueprints, and model changes. Provided management oversight for all phases of construction ensuring that specifications were followed and that work proceeded on schedule and within budget.
• Saved over $130,000 in 2007 in negotiating and executing contracts for the purchase of all materials and labor.
• Effectively evaluated and utilized the lowest bids for each stage of construction among all subcontractor quotations.
• Developed rebate procedures to negotiate, track, and collect rebates, and incentives from vendors and manufacturers; included marketing participation, model discounts, etc. Collected nearly $15,000 this past year for lighting, plumbing, siding, and hardware.
• Provided design center with most current vendor information, product offerings, samples, specifications, and pricing information to eliminate any cost to the builder.
• Hired new cleaning company that saved over $20,000 annually.
• Maintained and updated contracts as needed.
R & D Thiel – Belvidere, IL
Union Carpenter December 1979 – April 1993
Performed carpentry work on new construction homes including, Rough Framing, finish carpentry, cabinets, and doors. Responded to all work requests in a professional and timely manner.