David Paul Busby
Redondo Beach, CA 90277 Home: 310-***-****
• To obtain a supervisory position with a reputable company, while serving with integrity and providing a valuable and necessary skill set.
Classic Components Corporation, Torrance, CA December 1987 to March 2012
Shipping Supervisor 1999-2012
Warehouse Operations Manager 1987-1999
Skills and Experience
• Responsibilities include Import and Export Logistics with training certification, foreign and domestic shipping (including ratings, tariffs and routing), ISO QIT Leader 2009 certified. Expert in UPS, FEDEX, DHL, and freight forwarding standards. Up to date on US Customs standards. Experience with DOT and HAZMAT regulations. Responsible for training and supervision of all other shipping personnel. Familiar with NAFTA and DOD compliance regulations.
• Experience with international logistics and freight, with both complete loads and LTL shipments
• Ocean and Air
• RF Scanning Technology
• Import/Export Seminars
• Proficient in Word, Excel, and familiar with US Customs, courier and freight software
• Quality Control
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• California Notary
WAREHOUSE OPERATIONS MANAGER
• Supervised the receipt and shipment of electronic components. Maintained and supervised the inventory and annual cycle count of over 5 million units. Created and implemented the company’s current inventory system. Supervised the Inspection, packaging and preparation of both ESD sensitive and MSL sensitive products. Maintained warehouse facility regulations and the management, supervision and training of over 50 employees.
El Camino College, Torrance, CA
SCROC, Torrance, CA