**** * ********** ** • SPRINGFIELD, MO 65807
CELL 314-***-**** • E-MAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
Intensely motivated manager of Information Technology with extensive experience in Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA). Skilled in creating and maintaining GLBA required policy, programs, and audits. Excellent background in network administration, security, and design. A Drury University graduate with GIAC certifications who realizes the need to stream line efficiency of systems while still providing overall security and risk mitigation to the financial institution.
SUPERIOR CONSULTING LLC, Springfield, MO 2009-2009
IT Security Consultant
• Perform technical and control audits to identify weaknesses within financial institutions of various sizes and complexities.
• Create policy and audit programs for institutions based on size, complexity, and scope.
• Conduct system vulnerability audits for weaknesses in client’s information technology environment.
• Review various system configurations for best practices.
• Windows group policy security review.
• Firewall, Intrusion Detection, VPN, Router/Switch reviews, and overall network architecture and connectivity.
• External penetration testing of all internet facing devices and IDS alert testing.
• Website review for weaknesses in code and proper disclaimers.
• Conduct social engineering attempts.
• Policy review of Information Security Policy, Risk Assessment, Business Continuity Plan, and Pandemic Plan.
• Review all minutes and conduct staff interviews to ascertain if policy follows procedures.
• Physical site reviews for dual control where needed.
• Compile all findings into useful reports for non-technical upper management.
• Conduct meetings with upper management to report findings and provide recommendations.
• Stay up to date with the latest regulations that are applicable to financial institutions.
• In-house Network Administrator for Superior Consulting.
VILLAGE BANK, Springfield, MO 2003-2009
Vice President / Director of Information Technology
• Successfully maintained the highest ratings from FDIC and State auditors on every IT Security Program audit since 2004.
• Created and managed all aspects of the GLBA Program including but not limited to: Risk Assessment, Information Security Policy, External Penetration Tests, Incident Response Program, Pandemic Outbreak Policy, IT Awareness Training, Configuration Standards, Vendor Management, and Patch Management.
• Provide a strategic plan for the bank’s information technology department.
• Successfully planned, implemented, and tested all aspects of Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity Planning.
• Completed an annual IT budget and strategic plan focusing on cutting cost while still providing the highest level of ROI.
• Frequent presentations to the Board of Directors focusing on updates of the current GLBA and IT department status.
• Responsible for IT department staff hiring, dismissals, and reviews.
• Planned and implemented the additions of new branch locations.
• Manage all aspects of IT oriented vendors including at least annual vendor reviews.
• Head of Information Technology Committee.
• Enterprise admin responsible for network architecture, overall system uptime, and security audits of all network access points. Systems include 2003/2008 Server, XP Pro, routers, firewalls, and misc Linux based machines spanning 5 sites.
• Responsible for all information technology projects including evaluation and implementation.
• Senior security administrator / specialist.
• Responsible for all SNORT intrusion detection systems, monitoring alerts, and creating / maintaining rules.
• Daily monitoring of all event logs and firewall logs.
• Completed full datacenter migration into Springfield Underground.
• Successfully migrate and manage VMware ESX in server environment.
GUARANTY BANK, Springfield, MO 2002-2003
• Domain Administrator for Windows network environment with 22 NT 4 and Windows 2000 Advanced, Servers, Admin primary duties included user management, print server, DHCP, and DNS.
• Responsible for system and application testing, patching, and upgrades.
• Responsible for troubleshooting applications, network hardware, servers, printers, and user workstation issues.
• Successfully migrated all workstations from NT to win 2000 pro at 7 sites.
Drury University Springfield, MO
B.A. Computer Information Systems
Minor Global Studies
GSEC - Security Essentials July 2006
SANS Institute, Saint Louis, MO
GCIH – Certified Incident Handler October 2007
SANS Institute, Saint Louis, MO
GCIA – Certified Intrusion Analyst February 2009
SANS Institute, Las Vegas, NV
Cisco Router Configuration Class December 2005
CompuMaster – Springfield, MO
Penetration Tester, BackTrack ISO, VMware, Snort IDS, MS 2003/2008 Server, MS Exchange 2003/2008, Ubuntu/Debian, Cisco & 3 Com routers, Watchguard/PIX/Sonic Wall Firewalls, 3 com NBX, IPrism Content Filtering Proxy