George V. T. Dow III
Richmond, VA 23227
Home Phone 804-***-****
Position as a Project Superintendent
• Over 24 years in construction administration.
• Extensive knowledge of construction techniques, methods and materials.
• Over 24 years of supervisory experience.
• Ability to develop and implement effective and efficient construction strategies from budgets, drawings and specifications.
• Capable of working independently or as a team member.
• Excellent working relationship with Owners, Architects, Suppliers, Subcontractors and Building Officials in the Richmond and surrounding areas.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
• Estimating and Project Management of contracts from $2,500 to $5,250,000 consisting of commercial , industrial, renovation, historic preservation, recreational facilities and office, medical and general tenant up fits.
• Long established relationship with local Subcontractors, Vendors and Building Officials.
• Able to secure necessary zoning and building permits.
• Ability to generate prudent and efficient job schedules.
• Excellent organizational and contract documentation skills.
• Considerable experience in preparing AIA, GAO and federal government applications for payment.
• Ability to create and maintain up to date financial records.
• Extensive use of Microsoft Office for word processing, scheduling and spreadsheet applications.
• Experience with the internet for business applications.
Resume of George V.T. Dow III
Page 2 of 2
2007-2008 Senior Estimator, Commonwealth Construction Co. of VA, Inc.
2001-2007 Project Manager/Estimator, Davis Brothers Construction Co., Inc.
2000-2001 Project Manager, Prestige Construction Group, Inc.
1998-2000 Project Manager /Estimator, J.A. Heisler Contracting Co., Inc.
1996-1998 Project Manager, Sunbelt Browning General Contractors, Inc.
1993-1996 Rehab Specialist, RRHA
1992-1993 Full Time Student, Virginia Commonwealth University
1985-1992 President, Anderson Turnbull Construction Co., Inc.
1982-1985 Superintendent, The Greg Denton Company
1977-1981 Lead Carpenter, Mark Fasig Construction Co.
1974-1977 Pile Driving Forman, The Lane Construction Co., Inc.
1971-1974 VCU, Liberal Arts, English & Literature
1992-1993 VCU, Urban Studies & Planning
Sample Projects list
Virginia Union University, Richmond, VA
3,500 Square Foot Renovation of the “Belgian Building” into a Performing Arts Center
Estimator, Project Manager $1,700,000
La Difference, Richmond, VA
65,000 renovation of a former hardware wholesale warehouse into an international furnishings retailer.
Estimator, Project Manager $5,250,000
Robious Sports and Fitness, Phase II, Richmond, VA
Outdoor Pool with water attractions, new locker rooms, showers and vending area.
Estimator, Project Manager $1,300,000
Greater Richmond Convention Center (Joint Venture, Turner, Russell, Davis)
Project Manager, $128,000,000, Davis Brothers direct Portion $3,2000,000
VCUHS Bed Tower (Subcontractor to W.M. Jordon / McCarthy)
New critical care hospital wing. Responsible for “Way Finding” alterations and additions, new electrical room and specialties.
Estimator, Project Manager $238,000,000, Davis Brothers direct portion $1,7000,000
20 North 20th Street
Renovation of an historic warehouse into apartments and retail space.
Estimator / Project Manager $650,000.