Current Address: *** **** ***, *** ****, Iowa City, IA, 52240
The University of Iowa May 2012
Majors: B.A. Economics, B.A. German
Minor: International Studies; Emphasis: International Politics and Relations
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange Program Student Intern Scholarship 2007-08
- Four-year University of Iowa Old Gold Scholarship ($13,000) 2008-12
- Four-year University of Iowa Presidential Scholarship ($40,000) 2008-12
- University of Iowa President’s Leadership Class Fall 2008
- Military Order of the Purple Heart Scholarship, ($3,000 per year) 2008-09, 2009-10, 2011-12
- Dean’s List every semester at the University of Iowa
- President’s List Fall 2009
- Americal Division Veterans Association Scholarship, ($1,000) 2011-12
- Lifetime Member of Phi Beta Kappa Honors Society Spring 2012
- Graduated College of Liberal Arts & Sciences with High Distinction Spring 2012
English Department Intern, Georg Büchner High School in Rheinfelden, Germany Fall 2007
- Led and oversaw discussions in English with small groups of students.
- Organized and gave presentations on American culture to 12th and 13th year classes.
- Designed class activities to encourage use of English language through
exploration of American political and cultural topics.
Secretary Intern, Environment and Energy Department of the City Hall of Rheinfelden, Germany Spring 2008
- Drafted documents, organized files, and ran office errands to assist department employees.
- Assisted in surveying land sites for parks and public projects.
- Helped organize, plan, and carry out city fairs and cultural events.
Part-time German Instructor, Interpower Components Limited in Oskaloosa, IA Fall 2008
- Conducted 90-minute instruction sessions in electronics-related German vocabulary, grammar,
and basic conversation to 10-20 employees on a weekly basis to help them prepare for their trade shows in Germany.
Student Employee, University of Iowa Printing Center June 2009-April 2011
- Operated 4110 Xerox Printer/Copier to replicate documents, booklets, and miscellaneous materials for the University and Iowa City School District. This entailed processing specific orders from professors and teachers while working within the constraints of short-term deadlines.
- Conducted CST and GBC booklet mass production four University courses.
- Assisted in the planning and reorganization of the Printing Center of the Mossman Building, including the deconstruction, relocation and reconstruction of warehouse shelving units.
- Worked the student part-time maximum of 20 hours per week during semesters and 40 hours per week during summers.
Secretary/Production Assistant, University of Iowa Boyd School of Law/Tippie Business School Copy Centers April 2011-Present
- Processed personalized orders from professors and department secretaries.
- Entered job orders into Enterprise accounting system in order to obtain cost estimates and customize orders for printing technicians.
- Operated 4127 Xerox Printer/Copier to replicate documents, booklets, and miscellaneous materials for various University departments.
- Worked the student maximum of 20 hours per week during semesters and 40 hours per week during the summer of 2011.
Personal German Tutor and House Sitter, Dr. Anthony Colby, Iowa City 2008-09
- Instructed Dr. Colby in basic German and helped him translate historical documents that were relevant to the research for his novel.
- Cared for pets and home while Dr. Colby vacationed and traveled for work.