To obtain a challenging position that allows professional growth and provides the opportunity to utilize my analytical, leadership and organization skills.
**/** – Present AAA Allied Group
Manager, Accounting – Miami Valley Region
• Perform accounting duties and processes for the Miami Valley region.
• Undergo daily, weekly and monthly review of financial data in preparation of the overall company’s income statements and balance sheet.
• Reconcile bank statements.
• Prepare and post journal entries.
• Administer systems such as JPMorgan Chase Access, PNC ActivePay and other various web based applications.
• Administer region’s procurement card program.
• Reconcile American Express Traveler Cheque purchases and resolve settlement discrepancies with American Express and District Office support teams.
• Order departmental supplies.
• Support front line with applications needed to perform duties.
• Assist and advise processes with end users and accounting department to continue a smooth transition of the club merger between AAA Miami Valley and AAA Allied Group.
• Supervise employee in travel accounting department.
02/2002 – 12/2012 AAA Miami Valley
Manager, Accounting/Inventory Control
• Provide general direction and leadership in managing, controlling, and reporting financial data.
• Manage staff of four in areas such as general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets and travel accounting.
• Prepare and report actual to budget figures and research and communicate variance explanation.
• Review and prepare monthly account reconciliations.
• Review and update account accruals and allocations.
• Coordinate and analyze budget for accounting department and assist district offices and support departments with annual budget preparation.
• Compile and present final budgets to department heads and provide ongoing monthly reports to explain performance.
• Monitor and reconcile inventory to include supplies, consignment, and prepaid inventory.
• Administer procurement card program.
• Research and resolve discrepancies in regards to customer accounts and subsidiary ledger accounts.
01/2000 – 02/2002 AAA Miami Valley
Travel Accounting Supervisor
• Managed staff of three, maintained subsidiary ledger, and ensured accuracy within the database for reporting and forecasting travel revenues.
• Interfaced invoices from a front room system to the travel accounting system.
• Prepared close out by applying and balancing accounts payable, receivables, and commission receivables and transferring this data to the general ledger accounting system.
• Analyzed travel bookings to forecast future revenues.
• Prepared and calculated monthly agent incentives, corporate billing statements, and office productivity.
• Provided customer service to all management and travel agents by editing invoices, creating reports and fulfilling specified requests.
06/1999 – 01/2000 Roberds, Inc.
Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist
• Created and posted journal entries in relation to accounts receivable.
• Balanced multiple accounts receivable reconciliations.
• Reviewed credit aging.
• Prepared monthly write offs.
• Monitored the distribution and use of gift certificates.
09/1997 – 05/1999 Wealth Strategies, Inc.
Corporate Service Manager/New Business Manager
• Supervised the service assistants for in house and outside representatives of investments.
• Responsible for ensuring client satisfaction and resolving client complaints.
• Assisted accounting in calculating, distributing and inquiries concerning representative commissions.
• Created and tracked representative incentive programs.
• Processed all new monies for investments, verifying all documents were completed accurately and tracked funds through until invested.
1995 – 1997 Roberds, Inc.
Senior Accounts Receivable Specialist
• Worked independently on accounts receivable reconciliations.
• Recorded accounts receivable journal entries, and balanced all daily business.
• Monitored and updated spreadsheets for the Ameritech cellular phone purchases, recorded adjustments, charge backs, and residuals for contracts.
• Provided customer service and departmental credit card inquires and disputes.
• Assisted in the opening of the Cincinnati Grand Store.
1994 – 1995 Roberds, Inc.
• Reviewing completed credit applications and inputting into the Bank One system for credit approval.
• Acted as a liaison between Bank One and customers concerning approval decision.
• Assisted as cashier for sales and returns and processed paperwork for special orders, price adjustments, and credit memos.
• Developed and implemented departmental policies and procedures such as employee cash checking, check acceptance, travel accounting logs, point of sale close outs, and account reconciliations.
• Automated processes to reduce manual entries by utilizing integration modules for fixed assets, procurement card transactions, deposit close outs and payroll through ADP and Paycor.
• Implemented and administers a procurement card program for executives, managers, supervisors, travel agents and accounts payable vendors.
• Reduced company expenses working with a third party cost containment team by reviewing and bidding print jobs, office and janitorial supplies, and telecomm.
• Completed projects of software enhancement upgrades.
• Completed integrations of POS club software due to club merger.
• Completed team project of converting travel accounting systems due to club merger.
09/2006 – 12/2011 Park University Cum Laude
• Bachelors of Science in Business Management
Principles of Accounting I
Principles of Accounting II
Ethics for Accountants
Business Income Tax
Individual Income Tax
1993 West Carrollton High School Diploma
• ADP EZ Labor
• Crystal Reports (Report Writer)
• Frx (Report Writer)
• Microsoft Dynamics (Great Plains)
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Outlook
• Microsoft Word
• Point of Sale
SEMINARS AND CLASSES
• Association of Certified Fraud Examiners Conference 2008
• Dale Carnegie leadership training 2008
• Management and Leadership skills for supervisors and managers 2007
• Microsoft Excel – New Horizons
• Microsoft Outlook – New Horizons
• National Association of Procurement Card Professionals Conferences 2006-2008
• Use tax seminar 2007
Association of Certified Fraud Examiners 2008 – 2012