• Developed SURVICE Engineering’s 6 websites from the ground up. Coding, graphic design, and layout.
• Created numerous posters for the Army Technical Assistant Board Review Convention and received commendations for 4 years.
• Created the cover image for the AMPTIAC Army Materials quarterly magazine.
• Designed company brochures for the Army Research Lab, Parsons Brinckerhoff, and SURVICE Engineering.
DSA, Inc - CECOM (US Army) Aberdeen, MD
SharePoint Administrator – 8/29/11-present
Web Designer - 10/2010 – 8/29/11
Contract position for CECOM maintaining and updating the CECOM Army Knowledge Center and SharePoint websites. Creating new designs, artwork, and updating the CECOM Mil Wiki Page and public facing pages. SharePoint administration – adding workflows, permissions, new users, lists, libraries. Designing pages in SharePoint Designer 2007. Current experience in SharePoint 2010.
7/2006-10/2010 Wolters Kluwer/Lippincott, Wilkins, & Williams Baltimore, MD
Email Marketing Manager/ Web/ Graphics Designer – 7/2006-5/2007
Web Designer – 7/2009-10/2010
Responsible for driving sales through online affiliate program. Monitor and report sales and stats on monthly purchases. Creating and editing marketing campaigns through What Counts sent via email tailored to company known buyers. Designing email banners, site banners, and site templates as needed. Helping out with web development/design. Creating email campaigns to market the company’s products.
• Designed LWW’s Medical Student Center page
• Maintained and added new medical publications, medical books, and other items for sale at lww.com through content management systems and via database management and SQL commands.
• Assisted Senior Developer in coding help and troubleshooting
• Assisted Senior Internet Marketer with advertisements, email blasts, search engine optimization, and research of new software programs to enhance company’s web presence.
6/2007-7/2009 SURVICE Engineering Belcamp, MD
Web Designer/Graphic Artist
Responsible for writing, design, and maintenance of 6 websites including the corporate website; creating new content, updating current content, and positioning websites within Google and other search engines. Also responsible for maintenance and updates on company intranet page. Responsible for all in house corporate graphics, marketing, ads, brochures.
• Designed survice.com, rayforce.net, and metrology.survice.com
• Coordination of weekly/monthly site updates with various departments, creation of web tracking data, and researching into available web technologies to boost site popularity.
10/2002 – 06/2006 SAIC/Army Research Lab APG, MD
Contract position for the Weapons and Materials Division of the Army Research Lab. Duties included:
• Establishing a uniform graphic brand, organizing and creating graphics for the division; posters, brochures, photos and logos. Responsible for evaluating, ordering, and maintaining supplies and large format printers.
• Support projects with graphics and posters for the Ground Vehicle Survivability Symposium, the International Ballistics Symposium, The Army Summit Convention, internal Work Area Reviews, and the Technical Assessment Board Review. Received commendation in ’03, ’04, and ’06 for work on the TAB Review.
5/02 - 10/02 M&T Bank Baltimore, MD
Perform testing to ensure quality delivery of commercial online banking software at the corporate level to meet company standards and end-user requirements. Utilize MS Excel, Power Point, Word, and various test platforms and analysis packages. Duties included:
• Develop test plans and test software to ensure that product is stable.
• Perform problem analysis to determine cause of production failures.
• Assist in the documentation of Q/A processes and procedures.
1/98 - 5/02 Parsons Brinckerhoff Baltimore, MD
Responsible for all graphics and proposals - projects completed with Photoshop, PageMaker, Corel Draw, Visio, and MS FrontPage. Main support for other district area offices in graphic, technical, and web work. Main projects included:
• Maryland Comprehensive Statewide Transit Plan
• Baltimore Central Light Rail Line Double Tracking
• BWI and Martin State Airport Improvements
1990-1994 Towson University Towson, MD
B.S. Fine Arts
1998-2001 Harford Community College Bel Air, MD
Graphics and Multimedia Design, Web Design Technical Certification
2006-Present Villa Julie College & UMUC Stevenson, MD
B.S. Computer Information Systems/Web Development
Volunteer Activities Volunteer for the Chesapeake Heritage Conservancy. In the past - designed and maintained their website, company brochure, logos and other artwork. Current – crew member and website maintenance. President of the Maryland Outdoor Club. Volunteer for Luna’s House.
Clearance Active Secret Clearance
• Adobe Creative Suite, Corel Draw, HTML, CSS.
• Strong writing/technical editing skills, extensive digital photography skills.