St. Augustine, FL, 32084
Recent Economics graduate with POS experience seeking sales position that will utilize my skills in customer relations, strategic planning, and sales techniques. Other applicable strengths include account management, business analysis, problem solving and influencing decisions.
Bachelors Degree in Economics, April 2009
Flagler College: St. Augustine, FL
The Surf Station Surf Company 2006 to 2009
Retail Sales Associate – St. Augustine, FL
• Expert retail product knowledge, impressive average annual revenues exceeding $40,000 with part time employment.
• Built close relationships with product sales representatives and distributors resulting in wholesale discounts, and cost efficient logistic decisions.
• Developed creative techniques and merchandising plans to boost sales and profit margins as to contribute to the success of a company with annual multimillion dollar revenues.
Project Manager – St. Augustine, FL
• Helped construct a team and supervised online store operations, including building web site, managing retail product placement in store, shipping responsibilities, as well as customer relations.
• Shipped fragile merchandise worldwide, developed close relationship with UPS and online consumers resulting in proper claim filing and reconciliation in situations of shipping damages.
• During a six-month period, assumed management responsibilities for the opening of the Surf Station’s online store venture. Within six months of my management, the venture’s success exceeded expectations and the need for a full time manager became apparent. The online store now employs double the amount of staff and remains an integral element in the success of the company.
Martell’s Sea Breeze/ Tiki Bar Summer 2009
Bartender – Pt. Pleasant Beach, NJ
Mixed cocktails and other drinks as well as served food, collected payments, and operated a cash register for one of the most popular New Jersey shore summer bar venues. Was also responsible for inventory, cleanliness of the bar, impeccable customer service and the management of difficult situations that arise in a popular bar.
Manasquan River Golf Club 2003 to 2006
Banquet Server – Brielle, NJ
Member of serving team with enormous customer satisfaction ratings. Strategically coordinated services with customer service, developing strong work ethic in a team oriented atmosphere.
Brick Township Recreation Department 2002 to 2005
Ocean Lifeguard – Brick, NJ
Member of elite Lifeguard crew, protecting the public on a popular summer beach setting. Trained and certified by the American Red Cross in First Aid/CPR and Open Water Rescue. Built close relationships with township departments including Police, Fire Rescue, and Recreation.
References available upon request