TO OBTAIN A POSITION AS A SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
7+ years experience in Software Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Experience in Black Box, Grey Box, API and GUI testing
- Proficient in functional, regression, integration, system, exploratory, browser compatibility,
and performance testing
- Experience in test automation using Java/TestNG, Python, Ruby, and Selenium (IDE/RC)
- Excellent knowledge and working experience in test planning, test execution and test
- Strong background in software for Web and Client/Server applications
- Experience in testing products in Agile(Scrum) development environment as well as in
waterfall model. Have strong exposure to full cycle of software development and testing
- Experience in working products with Internet speed releases
- Experience in managing and working with offshore QA teams
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, detail oriented, self starter, quick learner, and
Operating Systems :Windows XP/2000/NT, Windows server 2003, DOS,
Vista (32/64bit), Unix/Linux and MAC OS X
Programming Languages :Java 5.0, Ruby 2.6
Development tools :Eclispe IDE, and Aptana RadRails 2.2
Testing Frameworks :TestNG, and Selenium IDE/RC
Testcase Management :Testlink
Bug Tracking tools :Mantis, VersionOne, and JIRA
Code coverage tools :Emma
Version Control/CI :SVN, Maven and Hudson
Markup/Scripting Languages :HTML 4.x, CSS and Python 2.4
Databases :MySQL, Oracle
Web/Application Servers :Tomcat, and Jboss 5.0
Web Services/Tools :Familiarity with XML, SOAP, and WSDL
Protocols :HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, and LDAP
Web Browsers :IE 7.0/8.0, Firefox 2.X, Safari 2.3, and Google Chrome
11/2011 – Present, LinkedIn Corp, Mountain View
Senior QA/Release Engineer (Contractor):
Performing Functional, Regression, Ad-hoc testing for LinkedIn features and components. Automate LinkedIn features using Ruby and Selenium. Co-ordinate and work with offshore team for various feature releases.
-Working as a release QA, involve in writing Test plans, Test cases, Feature testing, Bug
verification and regression.
-Contribute to the functional automation suite for Linkedin features for sanity, smoke, and
regression runs using Ruby and Selenium. Perform failure analysis of the test runs and fixing
- Responsible for running and maintaining CI builds on Hudson.
-Working closely with the developers for the complete release cycle.
-Work with offshore team to co-ordinate the testing effort for various releases.
04/2007 – 11/2011, Axway Inc.(Tumbleweed Communications), Redwood City
Senior QA Engineer :
Performed, Functional, Regression, Smoke, Exploratory, Performance testing on various enterprise email security and Community management products. Involved in setting up test environments to test the products. Automated tests using Java/TestNG to test the API’s. Automated UI tests using Selenium IDE/RC.
Community Management Project:
Worked on Community Management, a cloud computing based product which automates the process of on-boarding external members.
- Performed Functional, GUI, Regression, User Acceptance, Configuration and Content testing
for cloud based application.
- Worked with development teams investigating and correcting software bugs based on the
- Developed and updated Test plans, Test Scenarios, and Test Cases.
- Designed and developed API level tests. Wrote test scripts to test the UI part of the product.
File Transfer Direct (FTD) Project:
- Wrote test plan and test cases for server-side and client-side components of File Transfer
-Executed test cases, submitted detailed bug reports, reviewed bugs, bug verification, risk
assessment and regression testing.
- Designed and developed API level tests for client and server components using Java, TestNG
and ATS (Automated Testing System). ATS is an in-house testing framework developed based
on Java technologies.
-Wrote and executed functional tests for Web UI using Selenium IDE/RC.
-Worked on Performance testing, Load testing, Benchmark testing and Stress testing of an FTD
sever. Several performance issues were discovered in the early stages of the product
-Responsible for Performance testing, Benchmark testing, Load testing and Stress testing of
Mailgate product on supported DELL models (4600/5600/6600).
-Wrote test scripts using Python and also executed existing test scripts for load testing.
-Executed tests, submitted detailed bug reports on performance related issues, reviewed bugs,
performed regression testing and bug verification.
-Verified all the load/performance related bugs before the product release to ensure a high
quality product release.
03/2006 – 04/2007, Simply Hired Inc, Mountain View
Responsible for black box, regression, smoke test and sanity test for the new and enhanced features. Developed automated tests using Python and Selenium for various Simply Hired products including company web site, Ad system and Resumes.
-Responsible for testing new site features and writing test plans, and test cases.
-Responsible for testing complete Ad system starting from creating ads, modifying ads, billing
reports checking, and static pages.
-Performed black box, regression, sanity, smoke and security testing for various code drops
and release candidates.
-Automated several site features using Selenium IDE a record and playback tool. Responsible for executing automated scripts during sanity check in QA environment and also in production.
-Automated resume creation and submission process using Python
-Led QA team of 4 people including on-site and offshore-team.
01/2005 – 01/2006, Google Inc, Mountain View
Tested various Google products including Google Web Server(GWS), Google Desktop
(GD),Google Toolbar (GT), Google Video, Google Calendar and Google book search and
- Responsible for black box, regression, functional and performance testing of GD and Google
book search and Scholar.
-Tested various features of GD including beta and standard releases and uncovered
many critical issues before releasing the product.
- Tested various third party plug-ins, which were integrated with GD.
01/2001 – 08/2001, Saahi systems Ltd., India
Wrote functional test cases and performed manual black box, regression and system testing for web based, touch-screen public accessed kiosk applications and systems.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION:
-Master’s in Computer Application
-Certificate in Software Testing
-Certificate in Software Engineering