Linda L. Leete
Senior Technical Writer and Program Manager
I am a proactive, results-oriented, self-starter, management professional with over 20 years of experience seeking a consulting opportunity.
Proficient in writing heavy equipment manuals, hydraulic and fluid systems, scientific documentation, software documentation, test procedures, and effective government proposals. Extensive background in life cycle of technical documentation – development process including information gathering, format of writing approach and layout, implementation, debugging, and final production. Innovative thinker with broad experience in strategic planning.
• Mil Standards
MIL- STD- 40051- 2
MIL- STD- 1553A/B
MIL- STD- 1760
MIL- HDBK- 1222C
Electronic Manual Next Generation
FrameMaker (Structured & Unstructured)
Microsoft Word 03/10
DI-TMSS-80527 and DI-ADMN-80529
• Army/Navy/aerospace/commercial manuals
• Write test procedures for CASS OPTS equipment
• Maintenance IETM (many levels)
• Software training manuals
• RPSTL and IPB/ Provisioning/parts lists development
• Repair IETM
• Create manual in various formats from scratch
• Write COTS manuals
• Write various Oil and Generators type manuals
• Read various drawings
• Past holder of Secret Clearance
• Proven leadership abilities
• Developing new manuals
• Company/government liaison
• Detail directed
• Implementing Mil Specs
• From raw information to completed documentation
• Deadline oriented
Butler America May 2012 to Present
Client: Sikorsky Helicopters
Manufacturer Helicopters Position: Technical Writer
• Investigate drawings for correctness, make changes to drawings and parts lists
• Submit ECO and ECN
Advantage Technical Resourcing August 2011 to April 2012
Client: BAE, Corp.
Manufacturer Armored Vehicles Position: Logistics Analyst Sr
• Develop IETMs for Government interactive manual.
• Consult with engineers in MN to develop documentation while product is being engineered
AssistU, LLC February 2009 to August 2011
Responsibilities: Position: Senior Technical Writer
• Develop proposals for Government bids.
• Create and write various types of technical documents.
• Design and develop business plans and office procedures.
• Design and write software manual.
• Create advertising mediem.
Forum Oilfield Technologies July 2008 to February 2009
Manufacturer Oil Drilling Equipment
Responsibilities: Position: Senior Technical Writer
• Part of a core group of employees with the task of developing a PDM database for the engineering department.
• Design and develop Manuals based on existing documentation from eleven companies acquired by Forum Technologies
• Research and construct operation and maintenance manuals for all new products
• Compose a cover page, header, footer, and create templates as a standard for use by all departments
• Provided a professional operation/maintenance manual, up dated existing manuals to the new “look and feel”
• Authored service bulletins, spec sheets, and outlines for new product literature.
Linda L. Leete - Page 2
John Galt Staffing, Inc, January 2008 to July 2008
Client: Stewart & Stevenson
Manufacturer Oil Drilling Equipment Position: Technical Writer/Engineer
• Build an extensive product line for a company whose principal merchandise has always been custom equipment
• Develop specification sheets for each product complete with pictures and dimensional drawings
• Interface with team of engineers and subject matter experts in developing documentation
• Create papers for multi uses in various departments within the company
• Ensure documentation includes an identifying part number
• Specification sheets are in MS Word format with Inventor and Paint as the drawing medium
Elite Technical May 2007 to January 2008
Client: BAE Systems, Inc.
Manufacturer Mortar Fire Control Systems Position: Lead Technical Writer
• Create outline and build two level field and sustainment manual from MIL-STD-40051-2B in MS Word format
• Write/edit/format maintenance/field documentation for dismounted mortar fire control system
• Interface with team of illustrators and subject matter experts in developing maintenance procedures per military specifications
• Ensure documentation effort is in compliance with off-site equipment
• Conduct and attend on and off site meetings with government personnel (IPR and LOG DEMO)
Additional Technical Support, Inc. August 2006 to May 2007
Client: Force Protection, Inc.
Manufacturer Armored Vehicles Position: Project Lead/Senior Technical Writer
• Supervise team of 15 technical writers (create style guide)
• Write/edit maintenance to depot level documentation for MRAP armored military vehicles
• Interface with team of illustrators and subject matter experts in developing procedures in unstructured FrameMaker IETM per MIL-STD-40051and MIL- HDBK- 1222C
• Coordinate documentation effort with off-site project partners
• Conduct in process and final reviews with government liaisons (IPR, verification, and validation)
• Ensure continuum of communication between all groups
• Assist with development of Demming document quality assurance program
Lockheed Martin (Subcontract) July 2005 to August 2006
Client: TAD PGS
Documentation Specialist Position: Senior Technical Writer Consultant
• Wrote/edited Operator and Maintenance Manuals in structured FrameMaker for military and defense application (AEGIS) per Military Standards
• Edited maintenance manual for FMC (DI-ADMIN-80925)
• Wrote and developed CASS OPTS Parts Manual per Military Standards.
• Wrote COTS manuals (DI-TMSS-80527) for various test profiles.
• Updated software manuals
• Updated CROs for AEGIS project
Additional Free-Lance and Contract Work
Client: Friends Connection
• Wrote ad copy and brochures for small business
Results: Business improved 200%.
CDS, Client: Siemens/Westinghouse
• Part of a group of writers testing a new process of monitoring and expediting field repair orders
Results: Project was successful and is currently used in the field.
Robert Half Agency, Client: University of Central Florida
• Edited and rewrote training manuals
Results: Completed job in half the time expected
Obee’s Soup, Salad, and Subs
• Business owner
Results: Built, marketed, and developed a successful business with 22 employees
EDD Agency, Client: FMC, Inc.
• Edit and rewrote Deicer and Loader Manuals
Results: Manuals were rewritten in seven languages
Spherion Agency, Client: Theseus Logic
• Wrote user manuals, company charts, and in-house manuals
Snelling Agency, Client: XEROX, Inc.
• Wrote web based library, produced sales presentation
• Wrote software information pull sheets
Linda L. Leete - Page 3
TADS Agency, Client: Metters Corp.
• Wrote proposal for government bid
Results: Bid was awarded to Metters Corp.
Client: Service 911.Com
• Wrote teaching manuals for LINEX Word Perfect using UNIX software
Snelling Agency, Client: E-xpedient
• Wrote operation manuals, company charts, and in-house manuals
• Wrote assembly instructions
TADS Agency, Client: Siemens/Westinghouse
• Organize work load of four senior managers
TADS Agency, Client: Mitre Corp.
• Part of a team of 25 professionals tasked to study bids for government contract and make recommendation to government on best candidate
Client: Profold Inc.
• Company officer; wrote COTS Manuals and Employee Manuals
Client: Martin Marietta, Corp.
• Wrote technical manuals from drawings and blue prints, Logistics, fabricated tools, and assigned MIL Spec numbers.
Client: International Laser Corp.
• Wrote YAG Laser Technical Manuals for Martin Marietta
Client: Linear Instruments Corp.
• Marketing Manager for international client-based scientific equipment manufacturer. An annual budget for 800K and a staff of 17 plus four representatives in the USA and eight in Europe and the Middle East.
BA - Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa, CA (Liberal Arts)
AA - Valencia Community College, Orlando, FL (General Education)
Course Study - Indian River Community College, Ft. Pierce, FL (Management)
Course Study - Laser School, Orlando, FL (Lasers)