SEVA PRINCIPE 713-***-****
Houston, TX email@example.com
A highly effective Senior HR Professional, who meets challenges head-on and creates positive impact. Proven record of success forming partnerships with executive management teams worldwide, to align HR strategies with organizational needs. Demonstrated expertise managing large-scale initiatives including organizational change and development; systems implementations and conversions; business transformation. Proven success building a dynamic, state-of-the-art, professional learning organization. Fluent in Russian and Turkish and Azeri.
Fifteen years of Group and Company-level HR management experience in multi-national, multifunctional, matrixed organizations includes:
Visionary Leadership / Strategic Planning
Internal Marketing & Communication
Talent Management/Succession Planning
DNA/Competency Gap Analysis
Executive Recruitment/ Coaching
Competency Profiling & Integration
Policy & Procedure Development
Program / Change Management
Training & Development
Global/Domestic HR Workforce Planning/Recruitment
Project & Quality Management
M&A/ Expat Management
Compensation and Benefits
Standardized Practices Integration
DNV (Det Norske Veritas), Houston, Texas 2011- present
A leading international provider of services in Oil &Gas & Maritime sectors, 300 offices in 100 countries all over the world.
Corporate HR Manager for Geo- Division Americas and Sub-Saharan Africa
Directs and leads all aspects of Human Resources for 16 countries in North, South Americas and Sub-Saharan Africa, implements strategic initiatives to increase efficiency of Talent Management &Succession Planning, Organizational Development, Compensation &Benefits, Competence/Leadership Development, Performance Management, Executive Recruitment, Expat Management & Internal Mobility, and Strategic Work Force Planning.
• Developed and implemented effective strategies to assess & increase employee engagement and analyze retention trends. Analyzed the results of employee satisfaction surveys, exit interview data; performance review results; internal promotion/external recruitment ratio and other KPI’s; worked with business partners to develop, communicate, and implement actions to mitigate future challenges and risks. Result: Increased employee engagement index and decreased the turnover
• Facilitated and executed Development Needs Analysis and “Close the Gap” Development activities for Geo-Division Americas and Sub-Saharan Africa. Coordinated implementation of Knowledge Booster and Leadership Development Programs, Global Skills-based Training Curriculum, Management and Global Technical Trainee Programs. Result: Ensured development of employee competences in line with business strategies and goals
• Provided counsel/coaching to management on how to effectively link business plan to goal setting, how to provide timely and meaningful feedback during the goal setting, interim and annual review processes. Result: Increased efficiency and ensured compliance with the firm's performance management process
Business Concepts, Houston, Texas 2008 - 2011
Senior HR Consultant
Provided HR expertise and business knowledge to global client base; identified performance gaps and scope; designed & delivered change management/organizational/leadership &development projects to improve efficiencies.
• Developed and executed an overall change management strategy around complex business initiatives. Managed numerous project deliverables across multiple areas of organization to ensure completion on time and within budget. Conducted organizational needs assessments, stakeholder analyses; documented business processes; facilitated development of "to be" blueprints and readiness assessments; focus groups; impact assessments; metrics development. Designed and delivered communication plans to drive the correct behavioral and organizational changes. Result: Instituted highly effective strategic / active management operating models to support an expanded customer base; improved internal efficiency, time to market of products / services.
• Improved efficiency of company strategy planning/target deployment process. Designed and facilitated biannual strategy planning workshops to identify/revise company’s vision, mission/winning proposition, key priorities and related business goals. Designed and implemented target setting process on departmental and individual levels, quarterly review meetings to monitor implementation of departmental and individual objectives in line with business strategies and objectives. Result: Designed and implemented the process to ensure development of efficient business strategies and efficient follow up of the implementation
Fintur Holdings, B.V. - TeliaSonera 1997 - 2008
TeliaSonera is the leading telecommunication service provider in 20 markets, employs more than 30,000 employees worldwide; with annual revenue of over 20 billion dollars.
Fintur Holdings is the leading multinational, multi-billion dollar telecommunication service provider in 8 countries in Business Area Eurasia of TeliaSonera.
Director of Corporate Human Resources (2006 - 2008)
Reported directly to the CEO of the Holding Company. Directed and led all aspects of Human Resources for the holding company employing 6000 people in 8 countries.
• Designed and Implemented Global Strategy for Overall HR Transformation for eight markets. Developed corporate HR vision, strategy, approach, policies and application standards for core HR processes in line with corporate objectives; facilitated and executed the strategic and operational implementation of global HR transformation to integrate standardized HR practices in 8 countries of operation; aligned HR mission and goals in the countries of operation with corporate mission & goals. Developed Fintur’s Code of Ethics and Conduct, coordinated its communication & implementation. Result: Increased efficiency and ensured effective delivery of core HR processes and equitable implementation of human capital management in 8 companies of the holding company in line with corporate HR vision, approach, policies and application standards, strengthened corporate culture.
• Ensured competitive “Total Rewards” level in 8 relevant local markets: Led HR strategies, program & processes development in total rewards both Domestic & International to ensure their alignment with company current and future strategic direction. Designed and managed global job infrastructure, salary bands and pay ranges. Managed participation and administration of global compensation surveys. Designed, implemented and delivered a full spectrum of executive level total rewards programs, including total compensation, bonuses, and long-term incentives. Managed expatriate and relocation programs, benefit programs and the vendor relationships supporting those benefits. Result: Developed a Eurasia “Total Rewards” strategic approach and processes, collaborated with senior leadership in executing programs that met business needs.
• Conducted gap analyses and designed “close the gap” activities to support post-acquisition operations in four markets. Managed the organizational structure; process design and detailing; placement and cultural assimilation; executive recruitment and compensation; expat management and internal transfers. Integrated salary plan and structured benefit programs following mergers and acquisitions. Result: Successfully handled executive contractual issues and programs impacted by change-in-control, Each new operation successfully reached its business objectives by the end of operational year.
• Integrated new HRIS in 8 countries of operation.. Determined corporate requirements for HRMIS, selected vendor and coordinated HRMIS implementation in the operational centers. Result: Increased efficiency of HR processes, reporting and data management; expedited integration of standardized HR practices in 8 countries
Director of Global Talent Management and Organizational Development (2004 - 2006)
Reported directly to the CEO of the Holding Company. Responsible for Change Management/Organizational Development, Talent Management and Succession Planning, Learning and Development and Internal Communication, Total Rewards for the holding company, employing more than 6000 people in eight countries.
• Facilitated and executed the strategic and operational implementation of talent management, succession planning programs/development initiatives for the partner groups, including Strategic Workforce Planning, Talent & Performance Assessments, Talent Identification, Succession Planning, Career Paths, Mentoring Programs, skills-based training curriculum, management trainee programs and consequence management for talent pool members. Result: Turnover among high-performers decreased by 50%. 30% of corporate talent pool members were promoted to management/ expert positions in their companies. 35% of corporate talent pool members were promoted to management /expert positions in the new markets where Fintur had expanded its operations. Recruitment costs decreased by 20%.
• Established a Knowledge Management System. Created a database for employees’ use containing a short description of the major projects held in all countries of operation, project results, lessons learned and contact information of project key contributors. Result: Optimized existing knowledge base, established best practices and greatly improved the learning experience across the 8 companies.
• Developed and implemented relevant and engaging leadership programs for mid-level to executive leaders to improve the quality of company pipeline of leaders. Developed and deployed a comprehensive leadership competency model. Conducted competency gap analyses and designed close the gap development activities. Worked with business partners to develop high potential employees through the creation of development plans, providing development jobs, rotation opportunities. Coached and counseled leaders on management effectiveness and leadership development. Result: Developed leaders ready to take on mid/senior positions; secured a pipeline of future leaders.
Azercell Telecom JV, a subsidiary of Fintur Holdings 1997 - 2004
Regional Director of Shared Services (2002 - 2004)
Reported directly to the CEO. Managed a $6M budget, and up to 50 personnel. Directed and led all aspects of Human Resources, General Administration, Project and Quality Management for the multifunctional, multimillion dollar country operation with 5 regional offices.
• Implemented competency based HR management. Conducted competency profiling project, including identification and communication of company’s core job family competencies and behavior dictionary, and their integration in training, development, compensation/benefits, recruitment, performance and talent management processes. Result: Significantly increased overall efficiency of HR processes and systems.
• Built a dynamic, state-of-the-art professional learning organization and capability by using best practices methodologies. Developed a “corporate academy” including an Individual Development Center, Corporate Library. Designed and implemented a new coaching / mentoring system. Developed internal trainers and coaches. Coached and counseled leaders on management effectiveness and leadership development. Managed initiatives such as “Lunch and Learn,” blended learning, post-course refreshers, and pre- and post-course communication with participants and their managers. Established and evaluated metrics for training effectiveness and ROI. Result: Decreased turnover to 10 %; increased employee satisfaction by 15%; reduced training costs by 20%.
• Awarded recognition for HR program excellence. Elevated company performance and morale through designing and implementing state of art Learning and Development platform and initiatives, created culture of continuous learning and achievements. Result: Led the way to my firm earning the prestigious “Investor in People” International Certificate for achieving high business results through outstanding management and development of employees.
Director of Human Resources (1997 - 2002)
Reported directly to the CEO. Managed a $3M budget, and up to 20 personnel Directed and led all aspects of Human Resources for the multifunctional, multimillion dollar operation.
• Created best-in-class candidate generation, assessment, closing processes and tools. Designed and implemented employee referral program, college recruiting, and employer branding initiatives. Developed company’s talent behavior dictionary profiles for key positions. Taught and trained managers to utilize this profile in hiring decisions. Defined and measured key recruiting metrics. Result: Designed and implemented the recruiting strategy and process that yielded the talent the company needed to achieve its growth and expansion plans.
• Developed and implemented effective benefits programs, salary plan and structure. Introduced new grading system, developed and implemented tools to assist employees in benefits selection, and to guide managers through compensation decisions. Result: Ensured a balance between controlling costs and attracting and retaining staff.
Bachelor’s Degree, Education
Institute of Foreign Languages, Baku
HR Management Course - Rice University, Houston, Texas
Competency-Based HR - Development Dimensions International
International Society of Performance Improvement
Society of Human Resources