Mountain View, CA
Software QA Engineer
To find a responsible position in Software SQA with opportunities for career enrichment.
• Competent and detail-oriented Software QA Engineer with experience in manual and automated testing of web-based and cloud applications.
• Experience in software testing within an agile group.
• Proficient in Shell Scripting, using UNIX Utilities and Regular Expressions.
• Extensive experience and knowledge in writing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Design Specification at all stages of the software development life cycle.
• Proven ability to work in a fast paced start up environment as well as a corporate structure.
Platforms: Linux(SUSE, CenOS), Windows Vista7, MAC OS.
Languages: Java, UNIX Shell scripting, Regex, HTML, CSS, XML, SQL.
Testing Tools: Selenium, JUnit, JMeter, Firebug, Fiddler.
Bug tracking systems: Mantis, Bugzilla.
Virtualization: VMWare, VirtualBox.
Tools: Eclipse, Maven2, Redmine, Visio, BPWin, AllFusion Modeling Suit
Standards: SDLC, MRP, ERP, BPI, ISO 9001.
02/2012 – 06/2012 Software QA Engineer, Clickberry, Los Altos, CA
• Tested interactive video software, including video editor and on-line storage.
• Worked with project team to build and execute comprehensive quality test plan.
• Developed test cases and user scenario flows for interactive video editor.
• Provided validation of metadata, interactive elements and their properties in video project files using Sed editor and Regular expressions.
• Developed and executed Selenium test scripts for automated functional and regression testing.
• Performed virtualization-based, cross platform testing interactive video editor and on-line storage.
• Conducted usability analysis of interactive video editor.
09/2010 – 01/2012 Software QA Engineer, Fly America Inc, Los Altos, CA
• Performed cross-platform testing E-commerce application integrated with social network.
• Designed test scenarios and test cases, assisted with developing test plans and test strategies.
• Developed and implemented automation tests using Selenium and JUnit framework.
• Performed Front End, Back End testing, API testing.
• Verified the work application with external modules (payment, invoicing systems, chat, e-mail).
• Provide usability analysis of on-line services company.
05/2010 – 09/2010 Software QA Intern, Yuku c/o KickApps Inc., San Francisco, CA
• Tested social networking application, which allows users to create forums and message boards.
• Analyzed software requirements for completeness, participated in requirements and design reviews, and participated in collection of operational use cases.
• Assisted in creating test strategies to ensure appropriate test coverage.
• Created test cases for acceptance and regression testing.
• Develop automated scripts using Selenium IDE and Selenium RC.
• Performed regular acceptance releases testing on weekly basis.
• Executed regression testing on weekly basis before new release.
2007 – 2009 Software QA Lead, Novgorod State University, Russia
• Tested online learning sites and educational web applications which were developed with PHP and MySQL.
• Modeled testing processes in MS Project and Visio.
• Designed test scenarios and data.
• Developed and implemented manual tests.
• Performed Functional, Integration, Regression, Acceptance, Usability, End-to-End testing.
• Extensively used automated Acceptance Testing using Selenium.
• Managed QA team – 3 quality engineers.
• Created weekly reports for General Manager.
2005 – 2007 Software QA Analyst, Oil & Gas Systems Engineering, Moscow Russia
• Tested of software application of automated systems for management of production, preparation and transportation of oil and gas.
• Represented QA in all phases of product development including requirement, design, construction, testing, implementation, code reviews and support.
• Conducted detailed analysis of software development requirements to determine testability.
• Managed defect tracking and defect reporting for assigned projects.
• Evaluated test results for accuracy and completeness.
• Assisted in the creation of testing standards for quality assurance.
• Analyzed application, system, and security errors. Escalated issues to developers and verified fixes.
• Additional responsibilities include the creation of test scenarios, test scripts and test data, utilizing both automated testing tools and manual testing.
2002– 2005 Business Analyst, Splav Corp., Veliky Novgorod, Russia
• Responsibilities included development of business for manufacture: market research, solution partner recruitment, sales support, strategic program management, and sales forecasting.
• Re-engineered existing systems and administration processes and tasks resulting in succinct relational data structures.
• Developed standards for business requirements, business process modeling and improvement.
• Performed Customer Relationship Management planning and implementation.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
Undergraduate classes in Foothill Collage, Los Altos Hills, CA
Test Automation with Selenium, Portnov Computer School, Mountain View, CA
Training in Quality Management (ISO9000:2000), St. Petersburg Russia
Software QA, Novgorod State University, Novgorod, Russia
MS in Industrial Automation, State Technical University, St. Petersburg, Russia
BS in Mechanical Engineering, Polytechnic Institute, Novgorod Russia
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST