Heather L. Perkins
Wall, NJ ****9
2000 Stuart Business School Wall Township, NJ
Legal Administrative Assistant Certification
1994 Middletown High School South Middletown, NJ
High School Diploma
2010-Present DR. JOHN LITTLE Sea Girt, NJ
Dental Administrative Assistant
• Extensive knowledge of SoftDent, TigerView, Trojan & Smile Reminder Software.
• Meet the needs of patients by scheduling appointments, preparing payment arrangements, verifying insurance coverage and preparing new patient paperwork.
• Responsible for patient record retention.
• Frontline patient interaction during pre/post appointment process.
• Opening/Closing the office each day.
2006-2008 MAGNAFIQUE HAIR STUDIO Turnersville, NJ Receptionist (Part-time)
• Responsible for maintaining inventory of salon products.
• Provided outstanding customer service by greeting customers, scheduling and confirming appointments.
• Responsible for handling various forms of payment and financial transactions.
2000-2004 LAW OFFICES OF STEPHEN E. GERTLER Wall Township, NJ
Legal Administrative Assistant
• Responsible for preparing legal documents based upon attorney instructions.
• Answered incoming calls from clients, other attorneys and courts.
• Contacted clients, attorneys and courts to obtain information as requested by attorney.
• Transcribed dictated correspondences.
• Oversaw training of new associates with respect to firm policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the preparation, organization and storing of files.
1998-2000 WALL CHIROPRACTIC Wall Township, NJ
• Greeted patients as they arrived for appointments and answered their questions during their visit.
• Entered patient and billing information into office computer system.
• Handled payments and scheduled follow-up appointments once session was complete.
• Answered incoming phone calls from patients.
• Completed all aspects of maintaining patient files, including pulling files for incoming patients, ensuring files were updated correctly and returning files to their storage location.
1995-1998 POLLER DENTAL Shrewsbury, NJ
• Assisted Dentist, Periodontist & Oral Surgeon during procedures.
• Responsible for taking patient x-rays and sterilizing dental instruments.
• Ensured rooms were cleaned and re-stocked after each patient visit.
1994-1998 SELECTIVE NANNY East Windsor, NJ
• Cared for children including providing home schooling.
• Took children on educational outings and field trips.
• Created and carried out daily schedules that meet the physical and emotional needs of the children. Meet with parents on a weekly basis to discuss the following week's plans, as well as any disciplinary problems.
• Recorded any problems that occur during the week and report situations that need to be addressed by the parents.
• Oversaw playtime and schedule activities to ensure proper development of social interaction with other children.
• Effectively handled interventions between children when disagreements arose.
• Microsoft Outlook
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft Excel
• Internet Explorer
• Windows XP
• Windows Vista
• Windows 7
• Type 65 WPM