BENSALEM, PA 19020
MICROBIOLOGIST /ENVIRONMENTAL MONITORING TECHNICIAN
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Dynamic and diligent Microbiologist/ Laboratory Technician with experience in Quality Control Microbiology Lab analysis, and maintenance and troubleshooting of lab equipment and devices. Accurate, organized, and detail-oriented professional; follow SOPs for specimen collection and handling/processing, test analysis and reporting. Two years in pharmaceutical production. Proficient in Microsoft Office. Dedicated, reliable, and excellent decision maker and leader. Self-directed and highly motivated. U.S. Citizen.
Microbiologist, Lancaster Lab (MedImmune), Philadelphia, PA June 2012 - Present
* Collection, processing, and testing samples of chemical components, bulk products, finished products, and in process material followed by Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
* Using aseptic technique and under minimal supervision, perform lab testing on raw material and manufacturing components using USP methods for Total Organic Carbon (TOC), Toxicity, Conductivity, Bioburden, etc.
* Review and evaluate raw materials and data for acceptability.
* Perform Gram Stain and microscopic examination of physiological, morphological, and cultural characteristics of bacteria and other micro-organisms according to standard microbiological methods and preparing reports with the results.
* Carefully read and tabulate test results entering all data into the LIMS or paperwork as required.
* Document results of tests and analysis in accordance with cGMP regulations, trending data, coordinating sampling schedules and writing procedures
* Maintains weekly inventory of testing supplies, temperature monitoring, water samples collection and testing and environmental monitoring.
* Review equipments charts for specification compliance.
Pharmacy Tech, Medco Health Solutions, Willingboro, NJ March 2009-August 2011
* Checking quality of each Rx drug by counting, pouring, measuring, weighing tablets, mixing medications while maintaining productivity, and quality standards followed by SOPs.
* Clean, help maintain equipment and work areas, and sterilize glassware according to prescribed methods
*Inventory, repack and restock medications using handheld computer to scan medications; operate automated fulfillment machine, scan canisters to monitor supply levels and refill medication supplies as needed.
* Work with software (PAC and CADS) to maintain and maximize the efficiency and productivity of the machines.
Certified Substitute Math & Science Teacher, City of Burlington Public Schools, Burlington, NJ 2009-2011
*Instruct students from teacher's lesson plans and follow teaching programs set by regular teachers.
*Maintain attendance and achievement records in accordance with school policy.
*Complete appropriate report forms for subject teachers / academic supervisors.
*Participate in general school duties as requested.
Volunteer (Material Management), St. Mary Medical Center, Langhorne, PA April 2009- June 2009
*Assisted with receiving and storing supplies.
*Issued and delivered supplies to specific departments.
*Maintained order and cleanliness in storeroom.
B. S., Life Science, Pennsylvania State University, Abington, PA
High School Diploma, Bensalem High School, Bensalem, PA