*+ years of project management expertise in Retail Banking and Global Wealth Management with 16+ years of total experience in Software Industry. Versatile project manager with expertise driving projects and leading cross-functional teams to consistently meet key deliverables. Adept at maintaining focus on achieving bottom-line results while formulating and implementing necessary technology and business solutions to meet a diversity of needs. Exemplary communication and attention to detail has resulted in consistently exceeding client expectations and maintaining high levels of client satisfaction.
I have worked in the capacity of Project Manager, Business Analyst, Project Coordinator, UAT Manager and Test Lead in both technical and non-technical areas. My experience includes but is not limited to the following:
- Prepare Business Requirement Document, Change Request Document, Test Plan as per the various business groups’ requirements and engage stake holders to obtain approval.
- Act as an interface between Business / Operations and Technology teams to help explain the functional requirements, as well as IST and UAT Testing requirements.
- Manage and work with the technology teams during the process of development for any functional clarification.
- Prepare functional test cases with Business/Operations during IST, and UAT to certify the production release.
- Act as a single point of contact between the Business/Operations/IST/UAT users and Technology groups during test case execution and project sign-off.
- Managed and currently managing various migration projects from Unix to IBM AIX, Oracle 10g to 11g and legacy systems to modern system applications.
- Organize Global and regional defect calls, project status calls, release calls and sign-off calls. Preparing MIS for the Steering Committee meetings and senior management.
PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL EXPERIENCES
Polaris Software Lab. New Jersey, USA - September 2009 -present
Senior Project Manager:
- Functioning in the capacity of Subject Matter Expert, Project Manager, Global UAT Manager, Global Release Manager and managing processes relating to user acceptance testing for Global Wealth Management, Citi Private Bank.
- Methodologies currently in use are waterfalls and RAD models for various Citi Private Bank projects.
- Citi Private Bank’s (CPB) Integrated Legal Statements (ILS) for various products but not limited to Banking, Lending, Capital Markets, FX Loans, Trust, and Preferred Custody. There are three types of legal statements that Citi Private Bank sends to its clients on a monthly basis: banking, lending and investments. Depending upon the type of account and its product processor, these statements are generated by one of several different reporting engines. The purpose of this project is to make Project One the integrated statement engine of certain banking, lending and investment accounts of US/LATAM Private Bank clients.
- Global Depository Receipt (GDR), this program has delivered a global consolidated data store for all Alternative investments for Citi's Global Wealth Management. This will help streamline the current operational processes to support Alternative products, including centralized security master, product details & transaction capture. This will enable enhanced Client reporting for Alternative Investments in Citi's ProjectOne and Client Website applications used by various Global Wealth Management users like Bankers, Relationship Officers, Custodians and Clients etc.
- The Dynamic Report Center (DRC) leverages the aggregation and reporting capabilities of OneSource and allows the user to create both client and internal reports with flexibility in content and structure as well as enables the user to schedule and distribute the reports to clients, as applicable.
- Advice Generating System (AGS) for all CPB products. Advices, depending on what they are, also called ‘notices’ or ‘confirms’. These advices are currently not generated by a single advice generating system. The data resides across multiple product processors (depending on the product) each one of which uses a different advice generating application. There are hundreds of total advice templates across the various product processors. The goal of the project is for the new Advice Generating System (AGS) to create the advices that are currently being produced by various product processors. The purpose of this project is to create a single advice generating system for certain transactions conducted by the US/LATAM clients. This project will leverage the advice generating system called ‘AGS’
- Managing/directing onsite/ off-shore teams including UAT Support, Production Support, ETL and Testing teams in preparing the IST, UAT and dry run boxes, extract, transform, loading data from various product processors to Citi Application, Test Scenarios, Traceability Matrix, Test Case, Test Script and execution of test scripts as per the Citi Wealth Management requirements.
- Migrating from legacy systems to latest technology has resulted in dollar amount in millions savings for the Global Wealth Management.
- Managing team size ranging from 15 to 25 on the above mentioned projects.
SakSoft Inc. New York, USA, August 2004-September 2009
Senior Project Manager:
- Functioned in the capacity of Test Manager/QA Manager for clients such as, Citibank New York (Citi’s Retail Banking and Citi Private Banking, EYT (presently ePartners), ICICI-Lombard, DBS Bank – Singapore for formulating and integrating technological strategies to improve business and operational processes.
- Citi OneSource is Web Based Application, which will provide an integrated technology solution to significantly enhance client on-boarding processes for Citi Private Banking that includes Relationship Member Creation, Client Risk Framework and Account Opening modules.
- Citi PlanView Project Portfolio Management Suite is a tool that will coordinate, manage, and prioritize project, and program portfolios and related resources, linking them in a single repository with appropriate views to categorize, assess the value/risk of and score current and future projects in the context of business strategic imperatives (financials, resources, scheduling etc). In addition to portfolio analysis (ability to view, categorize and rank initiatives) and project management (scheduling, planning, and management), capabilities include functionality for management and/or analysis for people and skills ( resource management), programs (enterprise program management – project inter-relationships to manage programs), and process ( methodology, workflow, content management, templates for IT governance).
- Methodologies used were: waterfalls and RAD models for projects such as OneSource, PlanView, Paypass – Citi Master Card, Cards Rewards, Funds Availability, CitiSystem Testing and Implementation – Quality Control Audit, DBS Private Banking Legal Statements and IDIS.
- Managed team members ranging from 10 to 50 on the above mentioned projects.
C-Tech, Chennai, India, October 2002-July 2004
- Managed development teams and partnered with end users throughout the development, IST, UAT stages for clients such as, Ablabs – USA, Faith Ministries – USA.
- Methodologies used for clients were: Waterfalls Model and Prototype Model for projects Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), Matrimonial services, Ablabs Online Services.
- Integrated technologies such as C#, ASP.NET, VB.NET, ADO.NET, MS-SQL-2000 and Component One on projects.
- Acted as single point of contact between onshore and offshore team and also between clients and management.
- Managed team members ranging from 10 to 15 on the above mentioned projects.
Engagements prior to 2002
- Worked as Project Leader at Shine Soft Inc, Chennai, India from Jan 2001 till Oct 2002.
- Worked as Sr. Software Engineer at Kaayashap Radiant Systems, Chennai, India from May 1999 till Dec 2000.
- Worked as Developer at Soft Logic Systems, Chennai, India from Oct 1995 till Apr 1999.
- Worked as programmer at Jesus Calls, Chennai India from Jun 1993 till Sept 1995.
Project Management Tool - PlanView, Spro, Proxi4, SharePoint
Defect Management Tool - Quality Center, TeamTrack, Bugzilla
Databases - Oracle 11G, MS-SQL 2000
Languages - COBOL, VB6, SQL, Java, VB.NET, C#
Technology - ASP, ASP.NET, JSP
Mark-up Languages - XML, HTML, DHTML
IDS - Toad, Visual Studio 2008, Infragistics
Operating Systems - Windows, Linux, Unix
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
M.B.A – Information Technology, IASE Deemed University, India - 2006
Master of Technology – Information Technology, Punjabi University, India - 2005
Master of Commerce - Madurai Kamaraj University, India - 1998
Diploma in Computer Science & Engineering,State Board of Technical Education & Training, Department of Technical Education, India - 1993
Brainbench Certification in ASP.NET, ADO.NET, VB.NET, C#, .NET Framework - 2004
Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 - 2000
Brainbench Certified Java 1.2 Programmer- 2000
CCJI Certificate in Java Programming - 2000
References are available upon request.