Michael David Warren Jr.
**** ***** ***** **., ******, MO 63010
A career driven IT professional with extensive experience in administration, installation, and support of information systems. Strong “hands on” technical knowledge, dependable, energetic, and quick to learn. Motivated leader with proven ability to ensure success while cutting cost of projects. Track record for diagnosing complex problems and consistently delivering effective solutions.
Systems: Mac OS (9, 10.3 – 10.5) Workstation, Mac OS (10.3 – 10.5) Server, Windows (NT, 2000, 2003, XP) Workstation, Windows (NT, 2000, 2003) Server
Hardware: Servers (Compaq, Dell, Apple), Desktops/Laptops (Compaq, Dell, IBM, Apple), Printers (Hp, Brother, Canon,), Backup Libraries (Cybernetics, Sun StorageTek, HP Surestore)
Software: LANDesk 8.8, Managed Planet, Composer, Veritas Backup Exec (8.6, 9.1, 10D), Netbackup 5.1, Retrospect, NetVault, Symantec (Norton Antivirus, Norton Personal Firewall, Norton Ghost), Microsoft Office Suite (98, 2000, 2003, 2004, XP, X), Microsoft (Visio, Project), Adobe Creative Suite, Virtual PC, Wins FTP, Digi Tunnel, Quark Xpress, Timbuktu, Terminal Services, Webex
Networking: DNS, WINS, DHCP, HOST, TCP/IP, APPLETALK, SNMP, SMTP, VPN, FTP
Vertis Communications, St, Louis, Missouri July 2002 – Present
LANDesk Admin/Field Support Engineer
• Apple Engineer for corporation configuring Open Directory, Xservers, Workstations, images, best practices, scripts, and advanced support.
• Manage 89 Apple Xservers ranging from OS X 10.3 – 10.5.
• Manage Open Directory (5 sites with Primary and Secondary) deployments ranging from OS X 10.4 – 10.5.
• Manage 63 Mass Transit servers to provide data transfer solutions for Internal infrastructure and Client transfer.
• Created an Applescript to backup Mass Transit servers SQL database, configuration to a centralized storage point.
• Created an AppleScript application saving 20 minutes per system, and standardizing new Mac system deployments.
• Created an SH script to save 150+ steps in creating a Mac Base image.
• June 2008, Project Manager for opening a new site. Ranging from facility build out, equipment ordering, corporate resources, and server configuration.
• Sole LANDesk Administrator for company, utilizing and configuring LANDesk. LANDesk features utilized (OSD, Software Distribution, Scripts, Security & Patch Management, Reports, Alerts, SLM, Management Gateway, Package Builder). Managed Planet add-ins utilized (Rapid Deployment, Executive Report Pack, Data Translations, Database Doctor, Software Store, Console Extender).
• Deployed LANDesk agent to 2700+ pc’s and 800+ mac’s during initial deployment.
• Create custom installers, packages, and scripts for Pc’s and Mac’s
• Worked closely with Managed Planet to develop enhancements to their product line for LANDek.
• Create an Operating System Deployment strategy in LANDesk spanning 34 sites with PXE boot.
• Deliver LANDesk Reports and Metrics to key management.
• February 2009, completed automated Asset Recovery procedure. Utilizes PeopleSoft (Oracle Database), LANDesk, Microsoft Share Point (SQL Database), and email.
• January 2009, completed software deployment utilizing LANDesk to newly integrated company. Net savings $72,800.
• February 2008, created an implementation strategy utilizing LANDesk that saved 280+ hours for the Notes 7 upgrade.
• January 2008, created an implementation strategy utilizing LANDesk to save 20 hours for migrating users from one domain to another and simultaneously replacing their hardware.
• Implement, design and manage System Image’s for Pc’s, and Mac’s.
• Manage Vendor relationships to determine if they are or will meet our Corporate IT needs.
• Participate in weekly SLA meetings.
• Host Bi-weekly meetings with IT teams reviewing accomplishments, Q&A session, and review improvements.
• Provide written proposals to management for new software and hardware purchases.
• Provide technical support to remote and local users with Windows, and Mac clients.
• Provide hardware support on Pc and Apple (desktops, laptops, and servers) and printers.
• Manage user and computer accounts in Active Directory 2003 and Open Directory.
• Manage data backups and recovery using Veritas Backup Exec, Netbackup, and NetVault.
• Suggest, test, and prepare analysis of new software.
• Create Documentation of procedures, policies, and best practices.
• Train and create documentation for the Service Desk and Technicians.
• Maintain license and hardware inventories.
• Maintain phone systems
• Travel to corporate sites for meetings, and deployments.
• Complete daily troubleshooting task accurately and efficiently.
Comsys, St. Louis, Missouri March 2002 – July 2002
Technical Support Contractor
• Contractor to Vertis Inc., of St. Louis, Missouri (see above reference).
Warren Computers, Benton, Missouri July 2001 – March 2002
Owner / Operator
• Building and configuring pc’s
• Providing technical support
• Network homes
• Train users
Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cape Girardeau, Missouri February 2000 – October 2001
• Provide technical support to 350+ remote and local users with Windows clients.
• Provide hardware support on Printers, and Pc desktops, laptops, and servers.
• Managed over projects in the Cape Girardeau office.
• Planned, and managed major project of sending 43 users home to work on desktops through Citrix client server.
• Planned, and managed simultaneous reorganization and move of 200+ users (capture statements, print drivers, software, data, license, etc.).
• Planned, and managed replacement of 300+ quarterly leased machines.
• Convert Windows 95 laptops to 2000 and configure.
• Complete daily troubleshooting task accurately and efficiently.
• Submit daily reports of task.
• Developed documentation of procedures for installs and troubleshooting methods.
• Provide support to MIS personal in out of state offices.
• Worked successfully with outside companies, troubleshooting software/hardware.
Education / Certificates
• Associates Degree of Computer Science, Shawnee Community College, May 2000
• LANDesk Certified Administrator
• Apple Certified Desktop Technician
• Apple Certified Portable Technician
• Apple Certified System Administrator
• MCP Windows 2000 Professional
• MCP Windows 2000 Server
• MCP Windows 2000 Active Directory
Activities and Honors
• PHI BETA LAMBDA (Future Business Leaders of America) Chapter: NU ALPHA ALPHA
• PHI THETA KAPPA (International Honor Society) Chapter: ALPHA LAMBDA EPSILON
• Who’s Who Among Students In American Junior Colleges
• Presidents / Deans List
• Eagle Badge
• 2007 Apple Developer Convention WWDC
• 2007 LANDesk Interchange
• Dale Meyer, Manager IT Tri-Corpron 636-***-****
• Steve Wood, Manager IT Vertis Communications 940-***-****
• Susie Watkins, Sales Director (LANDesk) Network America 877-***-**** x222
• Mike Stout, Development Engineer Manager Managed Planet 469-***-****