JULIE A. CATINEAU, MSN, RN, PMHNP-BC
PROFILE Compassionate and conscientious health care professional who offers extensive knowledge and experience in the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of psychiatric illnesses for a diverse patient population. Excellent communicator and team player who is solutions-oriented and brings a positive attitude to any work setting. Seeking to apply medical expertise to a position in a hospital setting that is both rewarding and conducive to continuous learning.
EDUCATION MGH INSTITUTE OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS – Boston, MA
B.S. / M.S. Nursing, May 2012
LESLEY UNIVERSITY – Cambridge, MA
B.S. / M.A. Clinical Mental Health Counseling, May 2005
Academic Graduate Scholarship, Lesley University Dividend Award
LICENSURE / Massachusetts Registered Nurse (License #RN2272145)
CERTIFICATIONS ANCC-Board Certified Nurse Practitioner in Adolescent & Adult Psychiatry
BLS / CPR / AED for the Health Care Provider
CLINICAL NURSING EXPERIENCE
MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL – Boston, MA Sept 2011-April 2012
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Intern
• Performed psychiatric evaluations and diagnoses for adolescent and adult patients under RNCS Preceptor & Psychiatrist Supervision.
• Managed treatment regimens and provided education and support to patients and family members.
• Collaborated with multidisciplinary team in outpatient setting to provide continuous care to patients.
CAMBRIDGE HEALTH ALLIANCE PSYCHIATRIC EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT – Cambridge, MA Jan-April 2011
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner Intern
• Completed psychiatric assessments, provided appropriate treatment, and performed discharge planning for client base consisting of children, adolescents, and adults.
• Interacted with and educated families, educational systems, and treatment providers to ensure continuity of care.
MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL – Boston, MA Sept-Dec 2010
RN Student, Pediatric Unit
• Provided care to pediatric patients ranging in age from newborn to seven years.
• Administered medications and treatments, and provided support and education to patients and family members.
• Conducted in-depth consultations with patients, family members, and healthcare professionals to obtain accurate and detailed patient health history.
• Expanded knowledge of pathophysiology, medication, treatment, and procedures.
JULIE A. CATINEAU, MSN, RN, PMHNP-BC / Page Two
RN Clinical Experience Cont’d:
MASSACHUSETTS GENERAL HOSPITAL – Boston, MA Sept 2009-Apr 2010
RN Student, General Medicine Units
• Administered medications and treatments, checked vital signs, and performed pain assessment and general procedures.
• Provided education and support to patients, and acted as a liaison between treatment team members, patients, and family members to manage patient flow.
CAMBRIDGE HEALTH ALLIANCE & HOSPITAL – Cambridge, MA Sept-Dec 2009
RN Student, Pediatric Psychiatric Unit
• Collaborated with multidisciplinary treatment team with the goal of enhancing patient care and expanding knowledge of psychiatric illness, medication, treatment, and developmental and applied psychological theory.
PEMBROKE HOSPITAL ADOLESCENT PARTIAL PROGRAM – Pembroke, MA 2008-2010
Therapist Clinician and Case Manager, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatric Treatment Center
• Intricately involved in the development and implementation of a therapeutic program designed to integrate and direct Cognitive Behavioral, substance abuse, Dialectical Behavior skills, individual, group and family modalities of treatment.
• Performed complete level of care assessment, diagnosis treatment, and discharge planning for each patient, including utilization review.
MCLEAN HOSPITAL – Brockton, MA 2005-2008
Group Therapist and Educator, Southeast Acute Adolescent Treatment Facility
• Planned, developed, and conducted group psychotherapy, Expressive therapy, yoga, and Dialectical Behavior Skills as part of a multidisciplinary team.
MCLEAN HOSPITAL / FRANCISCAN CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL – Boston, MA 2004-2005
Psychology Intern, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Unit
• Coordinated and facilitated group therapy, and provided individual counseling, crisis intervention, and milieu management.
Collaborative Problem Solving Workshop Dr. Ross Greene
Dialectical Behavior Therapy Dr. Sandy Hannon-Engel
Grief Counseling Workshop Dr. M. Scott Peck, Harriet Lerner, Judith Viorst
MGH Global Psychiatry Disaster Training Massachusetts Psychiatric Society & American Red Cross
Trauma and Recovery Workshop Dr. Judith Herman
Trauma Therapy - Lesley University Dr. Susan Gere
Member: American Psychological Association Institute of Existential Psychoanalytical Therapy
American Psychiatric Nurses Association American Association of Nurse Practitioners