DELWYN RALSTON MOODLEY
Career Objective: A dedicated Chef with significant experience of providing culinary excellence through use of innovative and exciting cooking techniques, looking for a challenging and rewarding role within a dynamic environment where I can showcase my skills and prepare and present dishes of the highest quality, but where I will also be able to grow within my profession.
Key Skills / Attributes:
• A self-motivated professional experienced in providing excellent delivery of Food Service Operations.
• Sound knowledge base in multiple cooking technologies, techniques, textures and flavors to provide culinary excellence.
• Knowledgeable of all areas of kitchen operations.
• Proactive management capabilities, able to engender loyalty and harmonized team performance.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface seamlessly at all levels and across diverse cultures.
Education & Qualifications:
Jul. 2011 Advance International Chef and Pastry
Capsicum Culinary Studio Diploma
March 10, 2011 Level 3 IVQ Advance Diploma in
City & Guilds Culinary Arts
Jan. 2010 – Nov. 2010 International Chef Management Diploma
Capsium Culinary Studio
Nov. 26, 2010 Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Food
City & Guilds Preparation and Cooking (Culinary Arts)
Nov. 25, 2010 Diploma in Patisserie
City & Guilds
Dec.18, 2009 Level 2 IVQ Diploma in Patisserie
City & Guilds
Professional Experience / Career Profile:
Dec. 2010-Dec. 2011 Pastry Chef
The Ritz-Carlton, Naples Beach Resorts
• Prepared ingredients for cooking, including portioning, and storing food.
• Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients.
• Prepared and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist.
• Operate ovens, stoves, grills, and microwaves.
• Monitored food quality while preparing food.
• Set up and breakdown work station.
• Served food in proper portions and with the required presentation.
• Washed and disinfected kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
• Checked and ensured the correctness of the temperature of appliance and food.
• Follow safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries and unsafe work conditions to the manager.
Jun. 2009-Dec. 2009 Sous Chef
• Supervision of entire kitchen operation.
• Ensured that the necessary stocks are on hand of the right quality and quantity.
• In-charge of timetables and updated attendance registers.
• Determined the needs of the assigned departments, specified procedures and administered written policies.
• Ordered and requisitioned food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
• Collaborated with personnel to plan and developed recipes and menus.
Jun. 2008- Aug. 2008 Pastry Chef Assistant
• Assisted in planning, coordinating and directing the food service catering operation relating to pastries and desserts.
• Planned and implemented a marketing strategy for the catering services available, especially as it related to pastry programs.
• Assisted in the preparation of dessert items for dining services units and specialty restaurants.
• Ensured the standardization of recipes and quality control products.
Sept. 2008- Jan. 2009 Sales Representative
• Contacted prospective clients, assessing their requirements then selling them the company products and services according to their requirements.
• Worked as part of the sales team to develop both new and existing markets.
• Develop existing sales processes to generate sustainable growth.
Additional Skills Training
Feb. 2011 Pastry Trainee
The Ritz-Carlton, Hotel Company, LLC
• Attended Level 1 International Wine Tasting in 2008.
• Attended First Aid Training in 2009.
• Attended Fire Fighting Training in 2009.
• Member of South African Chef Association.
Nationality: South African
Date of Birth: Jun. 4, 1989
Currently residing in: South Africa
Looking to relocate to: Canada
Chef Suresh Chef
Royal Hotel 082-***-****
Chef Sebastein Chef
Ritz Carlton Beach Resort +12-239-***-**** ext. 6696
Chef Eric Chef
Capsicum Culinary Studio 082-***-****