Ashley A. Ford
I am a hardworking, loyal, and dedicated individual who is striving to excel at her job. I have broad experience in the Education field, and would like to assist anyone seeking employment. I love to learn, and am always striving to better myself. I get along with others well, while also working efficiently on my own. I would like to pursue a position where I can continue developing and broadening my knowledge, as well as give my best to an employer.
-Special Education Paraprofessional, Stafford County Public Schools, Stafford, Virginia
(**NOTE** Taken Directly From Stafford County Public School's Website)
Under the supervision of a Building Administrator and with direction from one or more teachers, the Special Education Paraprofessional works closely with one or several pupils with disabilities on a regular basis in an effort to provide them with the physical assistance and emotional support they need to gain full benefits from the district's special education program.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Assist the student(s) in such physical tasks as putting on and taking off of outer wear, moving from room to room, using the lavatory and other self-help or classroom needs.
2. Under the direction of the special education teacher, work with small groups of students to reinforce material initially introduced by the teaching staff.
3. Accompany the student(s) requiring supervision outside the classroom as necessary.
4. Establish an appropriate supportive relationship with the student(s).
5. Maintain a dialogue with the teaching staff providing information/data regarding student progress and performance.
6. Operate and care for a variety of equipment used in conjunction with the instructional program.
7. Assist with maintaining an appropriate classroom environment.
8. Assist the teacher in devising and implementing special strategies for reinforcing material or skills based on an understanding of individual students, their needs, interests, and abilities.
9. Assist with the reasonable supervision of students during emergency drills, assemblies, play periods, field trips, and instructional activities. Assist with other school-wide needs.
10. Serve as the chief source of information and assistance to any substitute teacher assigned in the absence of the Special Education teacher.
11. Assist with the collection and distribution of instruction material.
12. Assist teacher with record keeping and student documentation
13. Maintain a clean, neat appearance, appropriate to position.
14. Adhere to guidelines of confidentiality as outlined in federal and state laws and School Board Policies and Procedures.
15. Maintain a record of appropriate attendance and punctuality.
16. Serve as an optimal role model for students, colleagues, and the general public.
17. Comply with all district and school policies and regulations.
18. Actively pursue professional growth activities.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
Equipment I Have Worked With:
Programs-Word, Excel, Powerpoint
Associates In Education (Not Complete)
Aug 2004 - Dec 2007
Germanna Community College
-I currently have 36 credits going towards receiving my Associates in Education. I have not finished yet because my husband is military and they recently relocated us.
High School Diploma
Sep 2000 - Jun 2004
Brooke Point High School
-I received my high school diploma as well as my Child Development Certificate (CDA) from the Commonwealth of Virginia Office of Career and Technical Education.
Four years of French as a second language
Able to proofread for grammatical errors
-Association of Christian Schools International- Successfully Completed Super
Seminar:The Master Method: Teaching Jesus' Way. Earned 1.5 Credit Hours
-Attended 48th Annual VAECE Conference-Virginia Association for Early Childhood Education
-Completed Awareness Training in Autism and Related Developmental Disorders- Conducted by the Virginia Autism Planning Council
-Child Development Certificate (CDA)
-Available upon request.