CERTIFIED ORACLE DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
Highly skilled Oracle-certified DBA with 15 years of experience and expertise in performance tuning, crisis management, and high availability to increase reliability, maximize productivity, and introduce system efficiencies. Dedicated professional with a well-earned reputation for delivering technology solutions on time and according to specifications. Strong conceptual, analytical, and design skills, knowledgeable in all aspects of system development life cycle such as requirement analysis, development, testing, implementation, deployment, and maintenance. Independent problem-solver and troubleshooter; simultaneously handling multiple projects. Additional strengths:
Server Database Administration Relational Modeling and Security Solutions
Software Applications Engineering Online Transactional Processing
Technology Integration/Customization Data Management and Code Migration
Analysis, Design, and Development Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
Data Systems Architecture Multi-Tasking and Project Leadership
OS/Platforms: Windows 2008/2003/2000/NT Server, UNIX, Solaris, AIX, Linux Red Hat, Novell, MAC
Languages: Transact-SQL, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, C/C++, Visual Basic, VB Script
Databases: SQL Server 2000/SQL Server 2005, MS Access, Oracle 9i/10g FileMaker Pro, DBASE IV, FoxPro, My SQL
Hardware: Terminal Server, Intel Shiva VPN Server Software, FileMaker Server, SQL Server, MSCS, Compaq 4500 and 5000; Intel Architecture, IIS
Software: Oracle Financials, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/10gR2 RAC, RBMS, OEM, Oracle Developer, SQL*Loader, Net8, SQL*Net 2.x, Oracle Net, Oracle Designer 2000, Recovery Manager (RMAN), Oracle Web Server, Oracle Application Server, SQL*Plus, Exp/Imp, Oracle Stream, Data Guard, Grid Control, Computer Associates Autosys, IBM Filenet (P8), Remedy, Service Center
Tools: Erwin 2.0-3.5, Oracle Designer, ER-Studio, MS Visio, Vsflex grid/Truedb grid, Sheridan, Visual Source Safe, OLTP, Object Oriented, N-Tier, DSS, Client Server, Quest Tools (Toad, SpotLight, FogLight, Performance Analysis, Space Manger), Reflection/ReflectionX, Exceed, Cygwin
GE HealthCare Technologies, Portland, OR (2010-Present)
Senior Centricity Physician Electronic Medical Record(EMR) Consultant – (Oracle 9i/10g/11g)
EMR Installation and Upgrade Engineer, responsible for Centricity EMR new installations, upgrades, update, patches and bug detection. Worked with Hospitals, clinics, physician practices to deliver GE EMR health system. Delivered and supported EMR software and services to respectable universities, and hospitals across the country. Trained users on EMR and meaningful use.
Team lead for off-shore resources.
• Performed Installations of all versions of EMR clinical Systems (Oracle 9i/10g/11g Database back-end)
• Performed EMR version upgrades from EMR 5.6, 2005, 9.2 to newly released EMR 9.5 clinical Systems
• Performed 32-bit migration to Oracle databases to 64-bit windows and LINUX plateform.
• Installed, Upgraded, Configured EMR clients, including integration product JBOSS, Data Transfer Services (DES/DTS) and link logic to interface laboratory systems and third party clinical applications.
• Collaborated with client and other team members via WebEX, Terminal Services, Citrix and Team viewer
• Team leadership and training of offshore resources and newly hired consultants.
• Wrote training documentation for on boarding of new EMR consultants
AFFILIATED COMPUTER SERVICES (ACS, INC.), Portland, OR (2005-2010)
Alexander Nkansah, Page Two
Oracle DBA / SQL Server
Installed, configured, delivered, and maintained multi-targeted, multi-sourced advanced streaming across network domains for a global leader in business process and information technology outsourcing services company and its clients, Symetra, Nike, and Allergan Pharmaceuticals. Administered SAP database with over 2 TB of data; installed and maintained a 4-node 10gR2 RAC. Provided Level II-III support for Oracle/SQL Server applications. Oversaw HIPPA/FDA validation requirements, design reviews, SQL analysis, schema maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Successfully completed SQL Server 2000 data migration to Oracle 9i/10g RDBMS with over 2,000 users.
• Initiated performance monitoring and tuning efforts, created and rebuilt appropriate indexes, reorganized tablespace storage, and implemented high availability solutions in Oracle 9i/10GR2.
• Administered replicated SQL Server databases in SQL 2000/2005.
• Led and achieved successes for disaster recovery efforts for clients annually.
• Established backup and recovery standards per company policy and provided oversight of the operations.
• Developed customized solutions via DTS/Query Analyzer; wrote code in support of development efforts.
• Directly contributed to company achieving ISO 20000 Certification via implementation of ITIL processes.
• Implemented and managed critical database monitoring protocols, standards, and security controls.
• Transferred technical knowledge across teams and managed task assignments to offshore DBA resources.
• Received Spotlight Award for best and recognized worker across department for the month of May 2006.
CON-WAY, Inc., Portland, OR (2004-2005)
SQL Server / Oracle DBA
Administered a highly sophisticated transactional and merge replication in SQL Server 2000 environment for a $4.3 billion freight transportation and logistics services company. Collaborated with a team of developers on the migration to an Oracle 9i/10g database back-end. Gathered requirements, automated tasks, and supported customers.
• Increased efficiency; designed and developed extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes/applications.
• Resolved data conflicts by designing, monitoring, and maintaining replication servers and DTS packages.
• Improved availability, capacity, and continuity through design of backup and disaster recovery plans.
• Recognized for dedication, efficiency, and timely resolution of major SQL Server replication issues.
STATE OF OREGON – DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES, Portland, OR (2003-2004)
SQL Server / Application Developer
Contracted with the state’s primary health and human services agency to architect, administer, and support an EPA system, a Web-based application for the Safe Drinking Water Information System, running on a terminal server with SQL Server 7 back-end housed on WinNT/Win 2000 and migrated to SQL Server 2000.
• Assisted, supported, and resolved data connectivity issues for the client and development teams.
• Developed a complex DTS utility, Bulk Insert, and BCP for electronic data conversion.
• Designed consolidation utility using VB6, ADO, and Windows API for manipulating Windows registry.
STATE OF OREGON – DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION, Salem, OR (2002-2003)
SQL Server DBA / Application Developer / Replication Consultant
Served as team lead to research and implement a SQL Server 7/2000 Merge Replication solution for Rail Safety Inspection System for state’s public transportation services agency. Programmed reusable ActiveX control class; tested and documented design process and trained clients. Developed custom reports via Crystal Reports.
• Designed and analyzed the data modeling system.
• Implemented the physical database schema via Data Definition Language.
• Automated online data synchronization capabilities via SQL Merge Replication.
Alexander Nkansah, Page Three
DEPARTMENT OF LAND CONSERVATION, Salem, OR (2001-2002)
DBA / Application Developer
Hired as a FileMaker Pro/SQL Server DBA and data warehouse consultant for the statewide land use planning program to implement FileMaker Pro 5/SQL 2000 and assist with requirements gathering and systems design.
• Resolved data conflicts through effective performance tuning and troubleshooting techniques.
• Improved security by installing and configuring INTEL SHIVA VPN clients on 20 client computers.
• Designed and analyzed the conceptual data model of the business entities and normalization of data.
STATE OF OREGON – DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE, Salem, OR (2000-2001)
SQL Server DBA / Application Developer
Designed the data architecture and proposed a migration plan for the state’s Child Support Enforcement Division. Configured Oracle Enterprise Manager with Management Server Repository, and Intelligent Agents to automate database maintenance and provide 24x7 monitoring, alerting, and support for all in-house servers.
• Designed Microsoft Access based system prototype; provided documentation and support of cross-platform data migration from ASCII text file generated from DB2 database on Mainframe to Windows NT.
• Transitioned into the Interactive Voice Recognition System as SQL Server 2000 Administrator.
• Successfully developed the application in Visual Basic/SQL Server 2000 and automated business logic.
OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY, Salem, OR (1999-2001)
Teaching Assistant / VB/Access Developer
Assisted in instructing Database Management System (data modeling, Transact SQL, PL/SQL) using Oracle RDBMS on UNIX (HP and Solaris) platform at a prestigious university. Taught Introduction to C Programming and Introduction to Turbo Pascal classes; instructed the Computers Applications and Implications class.
• Conducted class in UNIX (HP, Solaris 2.5-2.8, AIX 3.x, 4.x) and Linux Red Hat 7.x/8.x environment.
PRO-CONSUL, Ghana (1997-1999)
Collaborated with data integration team on data integration/ETL efforts for a leading provider of Oracle technology based in Ghana. Developed Oracle applications, installed Oracle RDBMS, and performed customization of Oracle financial products. Supported developers by creating triggers, columns, tables, sequences, and roles. Managed and administered metadata repository for modeling CASE tools. Oversaw database infrastructure, performance and tuning, and disaster recovery.
• Successfully migrated the existing MS Access based system to Oracle RDBMS 7.3.4, 8.x in a multi-platform environment.
• Redesigned front-end and generated reports using Oracle Forms and Report Designer.
• Automated complex tasks with PL/SQL cursors, triggers, and stored procedures.
• Wrote SQL and PL/SQL scripts to automate database management and maintenance.
Alexander Nkansah, Page Three
OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY – Corvallis, OR.
Master of Science in Computer Science, Database/Software Engineering.
Oracle 8i Database Certified Associate.
Oracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Associate (OCA).
Oracle 9i Database Administrator Certified Professional (OCP).
Oracle 10g Database Administrator Certified Professional (OCP).
Oracle 11g New Features Training.
Oracle 10g Release 2 Real Application Cluster.
Sql Server Software Developer
Vancouver, WA - ssis, etl, ssrs, sql, developer, .net,...
Sql Server Engineer
Beaverton, OR - azure, intel, validation, cms, fusion, sql,...
Sql Server Data
Vancouver, WA - ssis, ssrs, sql server, sql, database, users,...
IT Security, Security+, CISSP, Virtualization
Portland, OR - vmware, sccm, directory, active directory, virtual,...
Pre-Sales, Solution Consultant
Portland, OR - hcm, peoplesoft, architect, ibm, saas, pre,...
Engineer Customer Service
Vancouver, WA - provided, developed, recovery, it, emr, including,...
Project Manager Management
Portland, OR - pmo, portfolio, project, pmp, project manager,...