Adriana Ortiz Arango
Cypress, Tx. 77429
Medical Coding and Billing graduate with knowledge in Accounting and bilingual knowing English and Spanish seeking a role as a medical biller/coder where my skills and knowledge can be utilized to their fullest as well as being able to serve people.
• Reviews the entire medical record of all outpatient services to assign the appropriate ICD-9 code to support medical necessity for all services performed
• Accurately assigns HCPCS codes to include CPT-4 and modifiers in compliance with Medicare, Medicaid and Third party payer guidelines to ensure the appropriate APC assignment for emergency department
• Proficient in computer like MS word, MS excel and other MS office tools
• Excellent in communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
• Well maintained and proficient with the financial records
• Wide knowledge of medical terminology
• Codes routine diagnoses and treatment of hospital patients and abstracts information from patient records.
• Externship completed for 150 hours doing the service of medical coding and billing in Lab Corporation of America
• 1988-1993 Colombiana de Celulosa S.A. Cali-Colombia
• 1986-1988 A.B.B. Base Naval del Pacifico Cali-Colombia
• 1984-1986 Credit Automoviles S.A. Cali-Colombia
College of Health Care Professions- Houston, TX
Medical Billing and Coding Certificate: 12/2011
Universidad Javeriana – Cali, Colombia
Health Information Management, Coder, Biller
Katy, TX - transcriptionist, health information, coder,...
Data Entry Accounting Assistant
Houston, TX - check, posting, accounting assistant, input,...
Houston, TX - records, meditech, coding, coder, medical records,...
Customer Service Medical Billing
Katy, TX - provided, coding, entries, billing, collections,...
Houston, TX - accounting assistant, payroll, special, controller,...
Houston, TX - chiropractic, flow, perform, history, assist,...
Medical Billing Customer Service
Houston, TX - medical billing, grocery, billing, coding,...