SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• 8 years Forklift experience
• 4 years machine operator experience
• Proficient at using various hand and power tools
• A self-motivated professional, who works well under pressure, enjoys new challenges, and dedicated to the profession.
• Proven ability to work independently or on a team to meet company deadlines and objectives.
• Forklift Certification (08/1997)
• Machine Operator Certification (06/2004)
SHIPPING & RECEIVING (WAREHOUSE)
• Packed and unpacked items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms, warehouses, and storage yards.
• Operated lifting devices, such as forklifts, lift beams with swivel-hooks, hoists, and elevating platforms, to load, unload, transport, and stack material.
• Attached identifying tags to containers and mark them with identifying information.
• Observed work and monitor gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that operators conform to production and processing standards.
• Recorded numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets and work tickets.
• Resolved customer complaints and answer customers' questions regarding policies and procedures.
• Interpreted and communicated work procedures and company policies to staff.
• Discussed job performance problems with employees to identify causes and issues and to work on resolving problems.
• Provided employees with guidance in handling difficult and complex problems and in resolving escalated complaints and disputes.
Warehouse Supervisor United Leasing Company Richmond, VA 09/2007 – 03/2009
Machine Operator Phillips Seafood Warehouse Baltimore, Md 10/2004 – 05/2007
Forklift Diver/Line Supervisor Baltimore Freeport Warehouse Baltimore,MD 06/1997 – 09/2004
Baltimore City Community College Baltimore, MD
Currently Enrolled: General Equivalency Diploma 07/2012
STRIVE Baltimore Employment Services Baltimore, MD
• Certificate Received: Intense Career Development Training (120 hours) 08/2012
• Trained in the following areas: Professional development, proper workforce etiquette, public speaking, and team building.
STARTT Mentoring Baltimore, MD
• Served as a peer mentor in a group setting, providing advice and encouragement for mentees. 04/2012 - Present