GERMITH GEFFRARD CADELIEN, APRN, MSN, MPH student
**** ** **** ***, ***** FL 33024
Graduated as a Nurse May 2002 and as a Nurse Practitioner May 2006. Worked as a Nurse from 2002 to 2008. My Nurse Practitioner career started in December 2007 at Broward Health Urgent care in Weston, Florida. Very comfortable treating from the pediatric to geriatric patients. Able to evaluate, diagnose, and treat various medical conditions, starting from urgent care issues to managing chronic illnesses, and stabilizing until transfer to a higher acuity facility. Perform procedures such as laceration repair, cauterization, foreign body removal etc… Have urgent care, primary care, and long-term care experiences as a Nurse Practitioner. Able to manage patients with chronic illnesses such as diabetes, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, anemias; and acutely-ill patients that require stabilization and /or transfer to higher acuity facilities.. Have a broad variety of experiences and exposures in the medical field, including public health volunteer work. Also have experience in leadership. medical team for six to seven years. Currently pursuing a degree in Epidemiology at Florida International University. Work Experiences
Full-time APRN Wound Care Specialist, 10/2020 - Present : Woundtech Assess, provide advanced care wound treatment, surgical or mechanical debridement (surgical, pressure ulcers, diabetic ulcers, arterial and venous ulcers, animal bites wounds, opened abscesses, lymphedema, cancerous and other atypical wounds). Collection of wound cultures, prescribe appropriate antibiotics therapy. Collaborate with PCPs and other Speciatialists to properly managed chronic diseasesRefer out to appropriate Specialties and ER for prompt evaluation and treatment
● Per Diem APRN, 06/2017 – 10/2020 – Broward Health Urgent Care Suturing, wound care, X-ray interpretation, incision and drainage of abscesses, Laceration Repairs, Suture / Staples Removal. Treat common acute illnesses. Stabilize sprains, fractures, contusions and transfer to Orthopedics. Assess and transfer patients with Acute Abdomen, Chest Pain, CVA suspects, HTN crisis. Manage uncomplicated GI issues such as: Vomiting and Diarrhea, Traveler's Diarrhea, Gastroenteritis, Constipation, STI's, GERD. Treat uncomplicated UTI and Pyelonephritis. Also manage Diabetes, Hypertension, High Cholesterol until patients establish rapport with a Primary Care Physician.
● Per diem APRN, 09/2019 - 10/2020: Broward MD NOW Urgent Care. Procedures: Suturing, wound care, X-ray interpretation, incision and drainage of abscesses, Laceration Repairs, Suture / Staples Removal, cauterization, warts removal, subungual hematoma drainage,. Treat common acute illnesses. Assess and transfer patients with Acute Abdomen, Chest Pain, CVA suspects, HTN crisis. Manage uncomplicated GI issues such as: Vomiting and Diarrhea, Traveler's Diarrhea, Gastroenteritis, Constipation, STI's, GERD. Treat uncomplicated UTI and Pyelonephritis. Also manage Diabetes, Hypertension, High Cholesterol, GERD, Anemias, until patients establish rapport with a PCP. Additional: Work/School physical, Immunizations, Pre-Op labs/surgical clearance.
● Per Diem ARNP, 01/2018 – July/2018– Tamayo Medical Center and American Urgent Care
Management of common chronic illnesses in Internal medicine patients. Treat acute common illnesses, suturing, incision and drainage of abscesses, wound care and treatment and all other urgent care ailments. This employment was temporary.
● ARNP, 08/2012 - 3/31/2017 GFCCSF – Plantation, FL Primarily responsible to perform physical exams, assess, diagnose, and treat patients with chronic illnesses in an office setting; which includes reviewing diagnostic and laboratory tests results and refer to Specialists when necessary.
● Performed PAP SMEAR and PELVIC EXAMS, manage Nursing Homes and Assisted Living Facilities patients with long-term care needs.
● Managed medical care of special needs adults with Cerebral Palsy, Autism and other Neuropsychiatric disorders.
● Seeing homebound patients and managing their health at home.
● Seeing Nursing Rehabilitative patients for skilled services and managing acute care needs.
● On-call for more than ten Skilled and Long-term Nursing facilities.
● ARNP, 12/2007 – 02/2012 – Broward Health Weston – Weston, FL ● Triaged, assessed, and treated patients with urgent care needs.
● Treated acute and minor illnesses such as pharyngitis, gastroenteritis, Constipation, Non-complicated Vomiting and Diarrhea, Traveler's Diarrhea, GERD, UTI’s etc..
● Performed procedures, Read X-rays, Stabilized fractures.
● Treated open wounds, Incision and Drainage of abscesses, Cauterized, just to name a few.
● ARNP, 11/2011 – 06/2012 – Doctors Plus – Lauderdale Lakes, FL ● Primary care management of chronic illnesses on a per diem basis only. Diagnosed and treated common conditions such as Hypertension, Diabetes, Hyperlipidemia, and the likes
● Registered Nurse 06/2002- 05/2008 – Baptist Health – Kendall, FL ● Preceptorship in ER for 6 months.
● Telemetry Med-Surg unit nurse responsible for 6-7 patients per 12-hour shift. ● Assessed and administered medications. Transfused blood, Administered IV fluids. ● Administered and monitored heparin, Cardizem, and other drips.
● Insertion and maintenance of Nasogastric, Rectal tubes, Foley Catheters, IV lines, assisted in codes, just to name a few.
● Manage Post-procedural patients such as Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, GI-related surgeries, Cardiac cath, and many more.
Medical Volunteer Work
● Tabernacle of Glory Medical team leader : June 2017 –Present
● Tabernacle of Glory Medical Mission in Haiti/ International Team Coordinator and Provider: January 2018 and July 2018
● Tabernacle of Glory Health Talk show 2014-2017.
● Provider: Medical Mission Haiti / July 2018
● Provider: Medical Mission Haiti/ December 2018
● Outreach and Medical Mission Ghana/ Africa : Leader and Healthcare Provider/ November 2019
● MPH-PHD Epidemiology student Aug -2021-Present/FIU University, Miami FL. Currently in the MPH program to later bridge to PhD or Clinical Epidemiology.
● Master of Science: Family Nurse Practitioner, 2006 Barry University, Miami Shores, FL ● Bachelor of Science in Nursing: May 2002 Barry University, Miami Shores, FL ● Associate of Arts: 2000, Palm Beach Community College – Lake Worth, FL Skills
Suturing, Cauterization, IV lines, Wound Care and Wound Vac, Wound debridement, I&D of abscesses, Insertion of NG tubes, Superficial Removal of Foreign bodies, Interpret X-Rays, Venipuncture, Closed reduction of elbow/finger dislocation, Languages
Fluent in French, Creole and English. Speak Spanish as well. Certifications
APRN, DEA, BLS, ACLS. Currently studying for wound care board certification. References
1. Jacqueline Denobriega, MD. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone 954-***-****. Broward Urgent Care supervised Physician.
2. Venante Servalis, APRN, DNP. Email: email@example.com. Phone 954-***-****. Nurse Practitioner colleague and preceptee.
3. Zhandra Wright, APRN. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone 954-***-****. Barry University Nursing and ARNP school classmate.
4. Hermena Cerphy Firmin, MD. Email: email@example.com. Phone 786-***-****. Tabernacle of Glory medical team/medical mission/ health talk show colleague. 5. Sandra Brown, APRN, DNP. Phone 305-***-****. APRN preceptor.