Dmitriy Polovets email@example.com Tel: 1-917-***-****
IT Executive with Deep Technical Knowledge
Cross-functional Team Leadership * Project Management * Technology Strategy * Risk Assessment * BCP / Disaster Recovery Accomplished IT Executive with Deep Technical Knowledge with 35+ years of extensive experience in analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex technology problems, supervising computer specialists and IT workers, presiding over IT-related projects. Strong hands-on knowledge in configuration, setup and administration of various technology systems and environments. Proficiency in managing, directing, and deploying tech solutions. Strategic planning and operational delivery. Basic programming skills. Cross-functional Team leadership
BCP / Disaster Recovery
IT Operations Management
• Platforms: Windows 3.1/3.11/95/98/NT/2000/XP/Vista/Windows7/8/10/11/Server2000/2008/2008R2/2012/ 2012R2/2016/2019; VMWare 4.x/5.x/6.x/7.x; UNIX, Linux; MAC OS 8.x/9.x/X/Server; Azure; AWS; Google Cloud
• Applications: MS Office, MS Dynamics, Adobe Creative Suite, Quick Books, PeachThree, Crystal Reports, Kaseya, ConnectWise, Anasazi EHR, EMR, E-Time, Payroll Management, SAP, Salesforce, ManageEngine, SolarWinds, Zendesk and etc;
• Servers: IIS, Apache, Exchange Server 2007/2010/2013/2016, Office 365, Microsoft 365, ADFS, SQL, Hyper-V, MySQL, SharePoint, Citrix, VMware, Azure, AWS, RedHat Linux;
• Mobile Devices: IPhone, IPad, Android, PDA, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, VoIP office communications
• Working knowledge of TCP, IP, DNS, VPN, PPP, NAT, FTP, DHCP, SAN and NAS storage
• Working knowledge of setup, configuration and maintenance routers, firewalls, switches in complex MPLS environment, including CISCO, SONICWALL, FORTINET, NETGEAR, MERAKI, PALOALTO and etc.
• Proficiency in set up different operation systems, including virtual environment utilizing VMWare ESX and Hyper-V, Citrix, MS Exchange
& Office, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, Backup software [ Veeam, Veritas, Backup Exec, etc], Imaging software [Acronis, Ghost, etc], Anti-Virus, BCP/DR
• Basic programming in HTML, PHP, CSS, .NET, Assembler, Java, PLC, SQL, PowerShell Scripts, VBS Career & Achievements
IT Director / Head of IT Visiting Nurses Association of Staten Island New York, NY 11/2021 – Present
• Leading the development of a strategic direction and vision for information technology services, developing, and implementing strategic short and long-term technology plans.
• Advising, counseling, and educating management on all technology aspects.
• Preparing and implementing an annual business plan and budget for the IT department.
• Formulating policies and procedures that will assist employees in utilization of new technology and systems.
• Managing projects and providing frequent project status reports; creating and maintaining project budgets.
• Providing ongoing training on IT technology and services; developing communication and rolling out plans to staff.
• Providing leadership, guidance, and supervision to IT department staff.
• Establishing IT department goals, objectives, and operating procedures.
• Ensuring IT data security, risk management, disaster recovery and business continuity planning processes are in place and receive regular reviews for consistency, including system upgrades, maintenance, and back-ups.
• Leading data governance initiatives, including enterprise data mapping; establishment of systems of record; implementation of data classification framework; normalization of complex and disparate pools of data across the company.
• Acting as a liaison between business and IT functions. Overseeing company telecommunications functions. Working with telecom vendors or contractors to ensure system functionality meets the highest standards.
• Managing onsite and offsite technical support teams. Dmitriy Polovets firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 1-917-***-**** Computer Systems Manager, Level 3 Citi University of NY New York, NY 03/2020 – 11/2021
• Oversaw campus wide technology support operations including desktop/classroom technologies and computer lab management, technology training, user documentation, end user computing learning, management system operation, media technology projects, voice and video technologies and IT fixed assets. Provided leadership to 11 Senior IT staff.
• Directed all phases of on-going technologies and development of new application software systems including evaluation and procurement of packaged software systems; worked with managers and key staff to evaluate new software and hardware to determine usefulness and compatibility with existing software and hardware.
• Provided support for maintaining the video conferencing infrastructure and digital signage including hardware, software, resource allocation and customer interaction. Troubleshooted issues and coordinates with vendors for upgrades, new functionality and problem resolution.
• Served as liaison and project manager when needed for on-site audiovisual projects, in collaboration with other departments such as Special Events, Facilities and Room Reservations to plan, implement and complete all events on time and on budget.
• Participated in strategic planning activities, monitor and report on progress toward goals and objectives and apply relevant approaches from best-practice frameworks such as I T I L .
• Provided technical expertise and expert opinions for the content domain; participated in senior-level technical discussions and decision-making; served on committees and task forces.
• Remained familiar with applicable policies and procedures; identified the need for new or revised procedures and participated in creating these; enforce all applicable policies and procedures; assure adherence to standards.
• Serving as a member of ITMT and participate in annual budget-building deliberations. Vice President of IT Operations Corporate Power LLC New York, NY Managed service provider 07/2018 – 03/2020
• Led all aspects of IT operation for a managed service provider with 12 domestic and foreign employees.
• Delivered qualified project plans in support of Information Technology initiatives.
• Developed, implemented, maintained and enforced IT policies and procedures.
• Accessed and anticipated technology projects and recommended appropriate action and resources.
• Worked closely with internal development teams and implementations teams to deliver new solutions.
• Served as Level 4 and 5 escalation senior systems engineer.
• Developed and managed application portfolios and solutions for Network, Wi-Fi, Telecommunications, and Security teams.
• Designed, established and maintained a network infrastructure for local and wide area connectivity and remote access.
• Provided leadership to team of 12 IT staff members. Supervised and managed information systems and networks.
• Exchanged information and discussed equipment/systems changes with administration, department managers and manufacturing/vendor representatives. Extensive vendor management and contract negotiation. IT budgeting.
• Oversee the procurement, installation and maintenance of all computer hardware and software.
• Supervised created a cost-benefit analysis and supported a detailed definition of data requirements and workflows.
• Reported directly to CEO.
Director, IT Systems Institute for Community Living, Inc. New York, NY 06/2014 – 07/2018
• Led all aspects of IT operation for a not-for-profit mental health organization with 1300 employees across 47 locations.
• Ran the internal day to day operations of the department with responsibility for the help desk, networking, server, software support, and programming. Maintaining security standards according to Microsoft best practices.
• Designed, established, and maintained a network infrastructure for local and wide area connectivity and remote access.
• Provided leadership to team of 10 IT staff members. Supervised and managed information systems and networks.
• Extensive vendor management and contract negotiation.
• Took part in creating a cost-benefit analysis and supporting a detailed definition of data requirements and departmental workflows.
• Delivered qualified project plans in support of Information Technology initiatives.
• Accessed and anticipated technology projects and recommended appropriate action and resources. Dmitriy Polovets email@example.com Tel: 1-917-***-**** Senior Systems Engineer / IT Manager W’ODONNELL Consulting New York, NY 02/2010 – 05/2014
• Responded to tickets utilizing ConnectWise and communicated the status of issues to customers, followed by fast and correct resolution; Managed 2800+ Mac and PC workstation/250+ Windows 2003/2008/2012 Servers/80+ Mac OS X servers in mixed physical
/ virtual environment, remotely via Kaseya, RDP or VNC, and in-person onsite; Supervised team of 2 Windows administrators and 4 IT technicians; Maintained network security; deleted terminated users; changed access codes; and administrated shares, folder, and file access permissions; administrated network virus protection on servers and clients; Maintained and ensured that back-ups on all systems occur and are reported on daily basis; Configured and maintained SonicWALL VPN, Barracuda WEB Filter and CISCO routers/firewalls/switches.
Senior Systems Engineer ICL 72, INC New York, NY Project : Louise Blouin Media 04/2007 – 01/2010
• Planed, designed and build fault tolerant and scalable system infrastructure ; Setup and provided support of 500+ Google App e-mail, documents, groups and calendar accounts; Maintained IT equipment through monitoring, configuring, deploying, troubleshooting, upgrading, and repairing hardware, performed clean-up / maintenance tasks on file, print, and infrastructure servers; Utilized HESK for onsite and NAGIOS for web structure hardware/software monitoring; Supervised 4 technicians and determined workflow processes to ensure timely completion of all projects; Managed of 500+ Mac and PC workstation/6 Windows 2008 Servers/4 Mac OS X print/file servers in mixed physical / virtual environment; Installed and updated company and clients websites using Drupal; Senior Systems Engineer ICL 72, INC North Bergen, NJ Project : Bergen Logistics 01/2005 – 04/2007
• Designed, developed and implemented of organizational information systems, software applications, and IT support and infrastructure systems; Supervised 3 technicians, 2 system administrators and a team of 3 in-house and 5 offshore developers and determined workflow processes to ensure timely completion of all projects within established schedules; Supervised installation, maintenance and troubleshoot of all computer hardware and software within an organization; Maintained PCs, servers, networking devices, printers, and peripherals and spare component stock; Monitored and maintained network and services such as name resolution (DNS), host addressing (DHCP), and routing; Managed of 300+ workstation/6 Windows 2008 Servers/2 Linux production servers in mixed physical
/ virtual environment in 2 locations.
Senior Systems Engineer ICL 72, INC Brooklyn, NY Project : Bewell Primary Family Health Center 07/2002 – 01/2005
• Design, setup and administer LAN/WAN including servers (Windows platform), storage array, router switches; Active directory management including group policies, user accounts, shares, and etc; Install and configure SQL, Exchange and SharePoint servers; Setup User MAC / PC boxes, printers, scanners, faxes; Configure personal mobile devices to use inside/outside of the office; Develop disaster recovery process, maintain scheduled backups; Collaborate directly with executive management team to ensure efficient operation of the IT systems environment.
IT Associate Columbia University of New York New York, NY Department of Biological Sciences 06/2000 – 06/2002
• Install, maintain and troubleshoot all computer hardware and software within an organization; Interface with application development group for addressing their provisioning requests and coordinating deliverables; OS customization, tuning, health monitoring and maintenance; Maintain up-to-date documentation library; Respond to request regarding computer/network/application problems; Answer the technical questions of all end users and offer recommendations regarding different applications; Interact with external vendors regarding the procurement and repair of hardware; Education
Polytechnic College Ukraine
BS in Electronics and Computer Science 1982-1986