Angela Ro Angela Ro
Oakland, CA 94611
Skills ● Learns tasks quickly and proactive in developing solutions
● Calm and Professional under Pressure
● Courteous with Strong Service Mindset
● Korean Fluency
● Some Spanish
Self Employed / Private Tutor
01/2006 - 03/2009, Alameda, CA
• Engaged students and made lessons entertaining to hold interest and
• Collaborated with parents and teachers to determine student needs,
develop tutoring plans and assess student progress.
• Supported students by identifying and addressing specific concerns.
• Coached students through challenging material with positive reinforcement
• Created and implemented individual lesson plans based on student learning
WILDCARD SPORTS BAR / Restaurant Manager
05/2004 - 11/2007, Oakland, CA
• Communicated well and used strong interpersonal skills to establish
positive relationships with guests and employees.
• Completed thorough opening, closing and shift change functions to
maintain operational standards each day.
• Scheduled and directed staff in daily work assignments to maximize
• Updated computer systems with new pricing and daily food specials.
• Assisted staff by serving food and beverages or bussing tables.
• Trained new employees to perform duties.
10 ACADEMY AFTER SCHOOL TUTORIAL / Educator
03/1994 - 03/1998, Oakland, CA
Planned classroom activities to enable students to work independently, in
small groups and in large groups.
• Encouraged positive self-esteem and mutual respect for others while
instilling joy of learning and discovery.
• Communicated with parents and guardians about student daily activities,
behaviors and related issues.
• Identified weakness and strengths to create strategic student improvement
• Created lesson plans and chose supporting materials to promote positive
• Performed student background reviews to ascertain learning deficiencies
and strengths to develop tailored lessons based on student needs.
• Supervision of teachers and developing summer programs
Education Alameda High School
1989, Alameda, CA
San Francisco State University
1989-1992, San Francisco, CA
Psychology / Early Childhood Development